+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Amirsani

Mar 9, 2021
Hi everybody
Submitted application on Sep 2019.
My application was transfered to etobicoke office by July 2020.
My online gckey shows in process.
I check the status of my application by calling CIC.
It says they are processing my background check. No need of additional document. No need of interview. No need of another fingerprint or medical exam, if they need, they will let me know. I already have done both.
Is this the last things they need to check? Is there anything else they might ask for?
Any reply would be appreciated.

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi everybody
It says they are processing my background check. No need of additional document. No need of interview. No need of another fingerprint or medical exam, if they need, they will let me know. I already have done both.
Is this the last things they need to check? Is there anything else they might ask for?
What options are you selecting to talk to an agent at CIC and what info they need? UCI?

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi everybody
i called CIC and I got exact same message as yours. I am May 2019 applicant. Etobicoke file transfer was on 13 Dec 2019. Since then , no updates.

Amirsani

Mar 9, 2021
Since I do not have access to Jckey, my question is whether all those who have reached the stage of Background , have received their AIP before that.?

Zooey

Oct 17, 2020
So, my friend application was sent July 2019. They start processing February 2020. And got approval for sponsor.
Now on 1st March she got request to send more documents (letter like everybody got) from Etobicoke. She doesn't know when her file is transfered there. her lawyer told them that have concerns about thruthfulness od relationship and marriage.
After that request on March 1st, three days after she got Medical request and RPRF.
She did medical and now on her account is shows Medical have been received.
Is that a good sign does anybody know or she still may have been rejected?

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
So, my friend application was sent July 2019. They start processing February 2020. And got approval for sponsor.
Now on 1st March she got request to send more documents (letter like everybody got) from Etobicoke. She doesn't know when her file is transfered there. her lawyer told them that have concerns about thruthfulness od relationship and marriage.
After that request on March 1st, three days after she got Medical request and RPRF.
She did medical and now on her account is shows Medical have been received.
Is that a good sign does anybody know or she still may have been rejected?
it is a good sign i think

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi everybody
When did it change to in process?

lucia2020

Mar 3, 2021
Last Wednesday I heard from immigration and they gave me 72 hours to submit ; credit report for both my husband and I, joint bank account, rental lease with both name, utility bill, credit card statement etc.

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Last Wednesday I heard from immigration and they gave me 72 hours to submit ; credit report for both my husband and I, joint bank account, rental lease with both name, utility bill, credit card statement etc.
When did you apply? Have you submitted the documents?