+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
Hey guys, my file was also transferred to the etobicoke office from mississauga also. I send my application last year September 2019. After the one year mark, they transferred my file to etobicoke office, I dont know for what reason. I got SA before they transferred it. They are reviewing my eligibility now, and my background check is still in process.

Application received: September 12, 2019
Medical request: January 5, 2020
BGC: started somewhere in February

They haven't asked for more documents or interview, so I am a bit worried on why they transferred my file. I am also using a representative. The waiting process is stressing me out!! Omg!! . Just wanna wish everyone in the same situation as me all the best and dont give up because faith move mountains and prayers do work. I AM ALSO AN INLAND APPLICANT AND MY COMMON-LAW PARTNER IS A CITIZEN HERE!!.
We have a very similar case
Application Received: Sep 3
BGC: February 21 (Request for Biometrics)
July 7: Sponsor Approved and file was transferred. They have asked for nothing after that. I called CIC but no updates, unfortunately. I ordered GCMS notes yesterday.
Honestly, it's HELPFUL TO SEE A SIMILAR CASE! Good luck

Reactions: Yasha123

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
Inland spouse sponsor 2018 June Application. After requesting my Resume, they approved the SA but transferred to local office in montreal on sept 8 2020. I requested the GCMS note and it says
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, 19(1) personal information.
Can anyone know what this means? Background checking is still going on.
I checked it on one of the threads. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/s-16-1-c.129647/#:~:text=Certain information qualifies for exemption,the Access to Information Act."See below:
Dear All!

I am here after a long time but I want to share some vital info about CAIPs / GCMS notes as I have ordered it 3 times myself.

1) First of all whenever you order CAIPS / GCMS your visa office gets informed and it is noted in the same notes and you can see this entry in next notes in incoming correspondence but there are no adverse affects and you can order as many times as you like.

2) Some info can be hidden or omitted from your notes as it is according to their act that some info is exempted from release under access of information act 16(1)(c) or 15(1) or 19(1) etc.. So whenever you get CAIPS / GCMS email or letter first check if they have talked about any act like 15(1) or 16(1)(c) etc and if it is so then it is for sure that some info can be omitted or hidden from your notes and you can observe a whitener be placed on some parts of notes.

I have seen for people whose job verification was done and who had concerns about their files received this kind of GCMS email

"The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act."

It was interesting to see that in first GCMS notes before verification of job all the concerns were hidden under section 16(1)(C) and 15(1) and once the job verification was done then in next notes they had uncovered the concerns . So if you receive email like above be prepared they have concerns about your file which they are hiding.

I hope the above helps people in sorting out CAIPS / GCMS.

Thank you all for reading this............

Reactions: DiiDii

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
We have a very similar case
Application Received: Sep 3
BGC: February 21 (Request for Biometrics)
July 7: Sponsor Approved and file was transferred. They have asked for nothing after that. I called CIC but no updates, unfortunately. I ordered GCMS notes yesterday.
Honestly, it's HELPFUL TO SEE A SIMILAR CASE! Good luck
No updates on my side either. They haven't asked for anymore documents..Nothing at all..they are reviewing if I meet eligibility, and my background check is still processing. My background check is in process for so damn long, I dont know what they are looking for.. I hope we hear something very very soon, bcuz once its transferred to etobicoke its like they don't care for our file anymore. Its been so long and stressful!!. We need to hear something very very soon..please let me know what your notes say!!. Good luck!!

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
No updates on my side either. They haven't asked for anymore documents..Nothing at all..they are reviewing if I meet eligibility, and my background check is still processing. My background check is in process for so damn long, I dont know what they are looking for.. I hope we hear something very very soon, bcuz once its transferred to etobicoke its like they don't care for our file anymore. Its been so long and stressful!!. We need to hear something very very soon..please let me know what your notes say!!. Good luck!!
It is disheartening to see other Etobicoke files because there are pending files from two years. I wasted time not ordering notes. You should order too i would say. Because the visa officer gets a notification when you request notes. I call CIC as well and they update the case whenever you call. But keep in touch if you do hear anything because if either of us hear that will bring hope to other :)

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
It is disheartening to see other Etobicoke files because there are pending files from two years. I wasted time not ordering notes. You should order too i would say. Because the visa officer gets a notification when you request notes. I call CIC as well and they update the case whenever you call. But keep in touch if you do hear anything because if either of us hear that will bring hope to other :)
I will..and its very very disheartening to see people waiting for 2, 3, years without hearing back once their file is transferred..I know someone waiting three years now but when their lawyer send a webform they said they are scheduled for interview but bcuz of the covid they are not doing interview now!!!. Plus they are married!!!.. smh!!

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
I will..and its very very disheartening to see people waiting for 2, 3, years without hearing back once their file is transferred..I know someone waiting three years now but when their lawyer send a webform they said they are scheduled for interview but bcuz of the covid they are not doing an interview now!!!. Plus they are married!!!.. smh!!
Wait What? So the file was with Etobicoke for 3 years ? and they were scheduled for an interview but never been informed? What is that, it's so messed up. We are married too!!!!! Did you have a status when you applied for sponsorship?

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Wait What? So the file was with Etobicoke for 3 years ? and they were scheduled for an interview but never been informed? What is that, it's so messed up. We are married too!!!!! Did you have a status when you applied for sponsorship?
I dont think its with etobicoke for 3 years..but the whole process is hitting 3 years marks now. They never knew they were scheduled for an interview until the lawyer send a webform. I didn't have a status when I applied!!. That is very very messed up!!.

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I checked it on one of the threads. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/s-16-1-c.129647/#:~:text=Certain information qualifies for exemption,the Access to Information Act."See below:
Dear All!

I am here after a long time but I want to share some vital info about CAIPs / GCMS notes as I have ordered it 3 times myself.

1) First of all whenever you order CAIPS / GCMS your visa office gets informed and it is noted in the same notes and you can see this entry in next notes in incoming correspondence but there are no adverse affects and you can order as many times as you like.

2) Some info can be hidden or omitted from your notes as it is according to their act that some info is exempted from release under access of information act 16(1)(c) or 15(1) or 19(1) etc.. So whenever you get CAIPS / GCMS email or letter first check if they have talked about any act like 15(1) or 16(1)(c) etc and if it is so then it is for sure that some info can be omitted or hidden from your notes and you can observe a whitener be placed on some parts of notes.

I have seen for people whose job verification was done and who had concerns about their files received this kind of GCMS email

"The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act."

It was interesting to see that in first GCMS notes before verification of job all the concerns were hidden under section 16(1)(C) and 15(1) and once the job verification was done then in next notes they had uncovered the concerns . So if you receive email like above be prepared they have concerns about your file which they are hiding.

I hope the above helps people in sorting out CAIPS / GCMS.

Thank you all for reading this............
You are right some stuff hidden on my gcms notes

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I dont think its with etobicoke for 3 years..but the whole process is hitting 3 years marks now. They never knew they were scheduled for an interview until the lawyer send a webform. I didn't have a status when I applied!!. That is very very messed up!!.
Please can I have your email address

GGHUMMAN

Nov 17, 2020
Today my file got transferred to ETOBICOKE OFFICE, My PR file was received on Dec 20 2019, just a month before the completion of processing time i got transferred to Etobicoke. I dont know what to expect now. :(

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
Today my file got transferred to ETOBICOKE OFFICE, My PR file was received on Dec 20 2019, just a month before the completion of processing time i got transferred to Etobicoke. I dont know what to expect now. :(
You can expect long, long, long wait time..

GGHUMMAN

Nov 17, 2020
I also received a message update that your file is transferred to Etobicoke office from Mississauga and they will make the approval or let me know if I need interview. I want o add here my application was received on Dec 20 2019. I dont know if it happened to someone else as well. Please let me know because now i am nervous. They did not asked for additional information and just sent the message out of the blue. btw My application was received DEC 20 2019. I though i am close as my timeline still says 92% completed and 32 days left. But i saw threads people saying Etobicoke's timeline is different .
It is getting frustrated for me. Just a Month before completion this happened. I thought i was close. :(