+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Hey guys, my file was also transferred to the etobicoke office from mississauga also. I send my application last year September 2019. After the one year mark, they transferred my file to etobicoke office, I dont know for what reason. I got SA before they transferred it. They are reviewing my eligibility now, and my background check is still in process.

Application received: September 12, 2019
Medical request: January 5, 2020
BGC: started somewhere in February

They haven't asked for more documents or interview, so I am a bit worried on why they transferred my file. I am also using a representative. The waiting process is stressing me out!! Omg!! . Just wanna wish everyone in the same situation as me all the best and dont give up because faith move mountains and prayers do work. I AM ALSO AN INLAND APPLICANT AND MY COMMON-LAW PARTNER IS A CITIZEN HERE!!.

Reactions: Yasha123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, my file was also transferred to the etobicoke office from mississauga also. I send my application last year September 2019. After the one year mark, they transferred my file to etobicoke office, I dont know for what reason. I got SA before they transferred it. They are reviewing my eligibility now, and my background check is still in process.

Application received: September 12, 2019
Medical request: January 5, 2020
BGC: started somewhere in February

They haven't asked for more documents or interview, so I am a bit worried on why they transferred my file. I am also using a representative. The waiting process is stressing me out!! Omg!! . Just wanna wish everyone in the same situation as me all the best and dont give up because faith move mountains and prayers do work. I AM ALSO AN INLAND APPLICANT AND MY COMMON-LAW PARTNER IS A CITIZEN HERE!!.
Order your GCMS notes asap. This should give you some idea of what concerns IRCC has with your application. Good luck.

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Order your GCMS notes asap. This should give you some idea of what concerns IRCC has with your application. Good luck.
Thank you. How do I go about getting my Gcms notes??. Plus, I have a representative will this interfere with anything.?

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Hi,
Does anyone in this group whose file transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment 2019/2020 received any update regarding in-person interview to determine PR eligibility??

There was an news from CIC that they are gradually resuming in-person services..Here is the article
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html
My file was transferred in this month, and I haven't heard anything from them. Keeping my fingers crossed thou..hopefully soon we will hear something..

Reactions: Johnparker

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
Till today no
Can't believe why this family class takes a lifetime to process while other people already landed now waiting for naturalization.
the medical-only good for a year so you should call IRCC and ask agents to forward your request to Etobicoke.
I remembered my wife called once in summer she told me the agent picked up her call is not nice at all but some are nice. IMO
Have you think about filing a complaint ( mandamus) with IRCC through lawyer

def

Aug 28, 2019
Inland spouse sponsor 2018 June Application. After requesting my Resume, they approved the SA but transferred to local office in montreal on sept 8 2020. I requested the GCMS note and it says
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, 19(1) personal information.
Can anyone know what this means? Background checking is still going on.