+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hi Guys i want a suggestion from all the folks out there.

I completed my graduation on 23rd aug 2019.
Applied for pgwp on 11th sept 2019.
Since then i been waitting since last 5 months. I called IRCC 4 times and emailed them 3 times all they told me my file was forwarded to etobicko local office. My study permit is valid till 31st march 2020. And my eligibility period of 180 days to apply for work permit coming to end on 19th February 2020. What should i do now? i am super stressed out. I spoke to few people who asked me if i ever had an refusals that i didn't mention? I have a refusal in Uk. When i was filling the application where they ask if you even had an refusal i said no because i thought it was asking if i had an refusal in Canada. Now i am supper worried if thats the reason why my file was forwaded to etobicko. On my GC key it says they are reviewing my eligibility, i dont need interview or biometric or any additional documents. Background check has not starter yet. Maybe i am over thinking but if its happens to be delayed in terms of uk refusal reason in what stage they find that i have refusals? Is it on eligibility check or background check that shows i have uk refusals. On another note i was also thinking of applying fresh or go for flagpole by withdrawing current application before my eligibility expires on 19th February. What are the odds? Sorry for long post but i am super worried :( :(
Hey did you receive your visa yet or not??

Smith2007

Nov 22, 2018
It’s really scaring now, my file just got transferred on 15 of May 2020, does that mean I will wait for 24months, gosh

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
Yes it’s Etobicoke
okay , If you file this application with a immigration consultant you can ask your representative to send a case specify inquiry. According to other posts I saw on this forum , covid may cause delay . Maybe we should expect CIC resume to normal service by the end of June.

Smith2007

Nov 22, 2018
okay , If you file this application with a immigration consultant you can ask your representative to send a case specify inquiry. According to other posts I saw on this forum , covid may cause delay . Maybe we should expect CIC resume to normal service by the end of June.
Ok thanks for the information, but I didn’t use representative, can I do it myself ?

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
Ok thanks for the information, but I didn’t use representative, can I do it myself ?
Yes, you can send a web forum without consultant but you have to be the principal applicant. When did you file this application ? If it’s still within normal timeframe you may have to wait it passes 12 months standard before sending a web forum . your sponsor eligibility passed and you have work permit before file transfer ?

Smith2007

Nov 22, 2018
Yes, you can send a web forum without consultant but you have to be the principal applicant. When did you file this application ? If it’s still within normal timeframe you may have to wait it passes 12 months standard before sending a web forum . your sponsor eligibility passed and you have work permit before file transfer ?
Am not the principal applicant, the application was received on 21st of August 2020, yes sponsor eligibility passed, but I don’t have work permit, because am out of status already.

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
Am not the principal applicant, the application was received on 21st of August 2020, yes sponsor eligibility passed, but I don’t have work permit, because am out of status already.
K , you can make a call to their client centre : 888-242-2100. The agent who pick up your call will tell you the estimate time for the rest of your application. If you talk to a nice agent he/she may even forward your request directly to local office .
Since your application is still within normal timeframe you should give a couple of months before sending a web forum

Reactions: Smith2007

Smith2007

Nov 22, 2018
K , you can make a call to their client centre : 888-242-2100. The agent who pick up your call will tell you the estimate time for the rest of your application. If you talk to a nice agent he/she may even forward your request directly to local office .
Since your application is still within normal timeframe you should give a couple of months before sending a web forum
Ok, thanks so much, appreciate, will wait.

Reactions: spectatorXXII

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
It’s really scaring now, my file just got transferred on 15 of May 2020, does that mean I will wait for 24months, gosh
My file was transferred in November 2018 to Etobicoke, 2 times sent request on web forum, called client centre. Answer is always the same - wait and wait. So frustrating, can't live normal life.

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
My file was transferred in November 2018 to Etobicoke, 2 times sent request on web forum, called client centre. Answer is always the same - wait and wait. So frustrating, can't live normal life.
My file transferred to Etobicoke in October 2018 still now no news