+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

LadyTee14

Apr 26, 2021
Hello everyone:
My online status says i landed on april 21. our lawyer has not received any document yet. Can someone help me if they are in the same boat ?
I am in same situation except mine says I landed on 4/15/21.
I don’t have a lawyer but I have not received any emails that are mentioned on many threads as well. Nor did I ever get an approval letter months ago when my status said DM.
I will update you here if I get updates as I understand how worrisome it gets when your progress isn’t following same steps as most the posts on here.

Reactions: rick1992

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I don’t have a lawyer but I have not received any emails that are mentioned on many threads as well. Nor did I ever get an approval letter months ago when my status said DM.
I will update you here if I get updates as I understand how worrisome it gets when your progress isn’t following same steps as most the posts on here.
When your file transferred?

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi guys
i hope everyone holding up in pandemic. My file was submitted in Sep 2019, Sponsor approved in july 2020, file transferred to etobicoke in JULY 2020
Etobicoke reached out to our lawyer. asking for proof of relationship. basically all new photos (latest)
RRSP, Tax files, NOA for both my wife and I. proof of same residence.
Now the status on ECAS actually changed to "in process" instead of " Application Received"
Hi , please how many photos did you submit ??

Dorsy

Aug 22, 2018
Hi I just got this in my mail, will it take long in Etobicoke office to get COPR?

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents. If your application includes accompanying dependant(s) residing outside of Canada, further instructions will be sent to you following the issuance of your permanent residence status.
Passport / Travel Document
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
You must bring your valid passport / travel document with you to your appointment at the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office.
If your passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will not be issued to
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
you until this payment is made. If you have not already made this payment, you must submit proof of this payment to this office as soon as possible via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. To pay this fee, please follow the instructions below:
1) You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2) Go to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca.
3) Select “My application” from the Home page and then “Pay your fees”.
4) Select the type of application “Permanent Residence” from the drop-down menu.
5) Select “Right of Permanent Residence Fee – not Express Entry”, and then “Get payment
instructions”.
6) Navigate to the How to pay your fees section and select “Pay my fees online”. Follow the
instructions to the end of payment process.
7) Once completed, you must print the IRCC official receipt and send it to this office via the
Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries- renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
When should I contact IRCC?
You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Exa

Ipol

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Everyone, can anyone please tell me how long it take usually to receive COPR after Decision made from Etobicoke Office?? My application shows Decision Made since past one month but did not receive any update/email from office. Is there anyway we can contact them to find out about it??
If your file was transferred to etobicoke for fuether processing and it shows DM without etobicoke confirming or congratulating you. Hmmm it means an officer wants u guys to be interviewed.. mine showed decision made for more than 1 year now. Write to them to get a clearer and better response

Dorsy

Aug 22, 2018
If your file was transferred to etobicoke for fuether processing and it shows DM without etobicoke confirming or congratulating you. Hmmm it means an officer wants u guys to be interviewed.. mine showed decision made for more than 1 year now. Write to them to get a clearer and better response
Did yours say eligibility passed? One year is stressful

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi I just got this in my mail, will it take long in Etobicoke office to get COPR?

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents. If your application includes accompanying dependant(s) residing outside of Canada, further instructions will be sent to you following the issuance of your permanent residence status.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
You must bring your valid passport / travel document with you to your appointment at the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office.
If your passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will not be issued to
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
you until this payment is made. If you have not already made this payment, you must submit proof of this payment to this office as soon as possible via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. To pay this fee, please follow the instructions below:
1) You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
4) Select the type of application “Permanent Residence” from the drop-down menu.
5) Select “Right of Permanent Residence Fee – not Express Entry”, and then “Get payment
instructions”.
6) Navigate to the How to pay your fees section and select “Pay my fees online”. Follow the
7) Once completed, you must print the IRCC official receipt and send it to this office via the
Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries- renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Congrats. Can you share your timeline?

Bankers Box

Apr 9, 2021

instructions”.
Hey Dorsy, this letter is AIP (Approved in Principle) which means you passed the eligibility. I am pretty sure you can apply for OHIP with this letter. If you also got DM on your ecas, then you should expect CoPR soon maybe like in couple months. Congratulations!!

Reactions: Faitico

Knowledge14

Dec 3, 2019
Did anyone try to send additional documents to the Etobicoke office by mail? Quicker response? Do they take it more seriously

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
Its definitely stresslessful. But good thing is you are a PR now :) So congratulations. Please keep me posted

Reactions: LadyTee14

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Got my notes and it says eligibility review...officer from mississauga wrote: pending eligibility and criminality and that PO to review notes and documents. My file was transferred to etobicoke in October of 2020..my medical was also extended for another year in 2022.