Tax assessment both spouse
Original passport.
I have within 7days to attend interview with my spouse

Reactions: ForeverYou

m96

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Congratulations!

Would you please give us your timeline from the beginning?
Did you order GCMS note?

Hope all of us will be contacted soon!

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
To all those who are still waiting at etobicoke office l wish you good luck in your application. However l have got a bad news this morning after yesterday's interview. The officer has just refused my application in the face of abundance evidence about me and my wife and our 18months old baby. The officer main reason for refusal is grounded in cohabitation. Simply because my wife and I temporarily live apart for her to have our baby at her mum place since it was her first time pregnancy and she couldn't cope with it and we decided to ask her parents for assistance since l have not been working and she was also not working at the peak of the pregnancy. I live with the parents place but there was accommodation challenges and so l was commuting between our residence in Toronto and my wife parent place.we did our best telling the officer our challenge that we were facing as a couple when the pregnancy came in and l was not granted open work permit. On the basis of not living together continuously for the entire application period the application has been refused. Right now we don't know what to do.

paparazzi1987

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
To all those who are still waiting at etobicoke office l wish you good luck in your application. However l have got a bad news this morning after yesterday's interview. The officer has just refused my application in the face of abundance evidence about me and my wife and our 18months old baby. The officer main reason for refusal is grounded in cohabitation. Simply because my wife and I temporarily live apart for her to have our baby at her mum place since it was her first time pregnancy and she couldn't cope with it and we decided to ask her parents for assistance since l have not been working and she was also not working at the peak of the pregnancy. I live with the parents place but there was accommodation challenges and so l was commuting between our residence in Toronto and my wife parent place.we did our best telling the officer our challenge that we were facing as a couple when the pregnancy came in and l was not granted open work permit. On the basis of not living together continuously for the entire application period the application has been refused. Right now we don't know what to do.
wahoo!!. sorry to hear about your application update. You will need MP and immigration lawyer to appeal this case
how did they know that you guys are living apart. Did you specified this in your application address history ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Im realy sorry to hear that
So did u guys visit each other every week and what did u said to the officer that how many days a week you guys sepnd together?
This is important to clearify even if u live little far
Please reply thanks

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
wahoo!!. sorry to hear about your application update. You will need MP and immigration lawyer to appeal this case
how did they know that you guys are living apart. Did you specified this in your application address history ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html
My got service Ontario to change her address in Toronto to the mum place for ease of appointments at the hospital whiles she was about to deliver and post delivery appointments. She did that ignorantly not knowing the implication. In spite of these l was frequenting the parents place every month spending 3 days to 1week and all special occasion and holidays. The problem was the accommodation as l sometime had to stay in a hotel as there isn't enough room. During the baby immunizations appointments time and in between she was also coming to our Toronto residence.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
My got service Ontario to change her address in Toronto to the mum place for ease of appointments at the hospital whiles she was about to deliver and post delivery appointments. She did that ignorantly not knowing the implication. In spite of these l was frequenting the parents place every month spending 3 days to 1week and all special occasion and holidays. The problem was the accommodation as l sometime had to stay in a hotel as there isn't enough room. During the baby immunizations appointments time and in between she was also coming to our Toronto residence.
They made enquiry at service Ontario and they discovered the change of address

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Brother honestly as you said your spending a week in a month together is enough for them to refuse as it doesn’t qualify under the inland category.althogh you had enough proofs to show true relationship.I hope you find a way to solve this issue and if u wanna go to appeal then you might end up losing time and money(its just personal opinion please dont take it seriously)wish u best of luck and if u wanna re apply that would be the best option as you have clear reason of refusal and u can easily explain and they will definitely accept it
Thanks again to share i am in a same situation
File is in Etobicoke since may 2019
Lets hope for the best

paparazzi1987

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
That is strange for them to make enquiry at Service Ontario. I presumed they might have know about the address because you and your wife specified different address histories in your application.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Brother honestly as you said your spending a week in a month together is enough for them to refuse as it doesn’t qualify under the inland category.althogh you had enough proofs to show true relationship.I hope you find a way to solve this issue and if u wanna go to appeal then you might end up losing time and money(its just personal opinion please dont take it seriously)wish u best of luck and if u wanna re apply that would be the best option as you have clear reason of refusal and u can easily explain and they will definitely accept it
Thanks again to share i am in a same situation
File is in Etobicoke since may 2019
Lets hope for the best
Yes thanks for your opinion we are now talking to a lawyer as well as the MP office has agreed to intervene requesting them to re open and reconsideration of the decision in the light of other evidences showing that we have live together and continue to remain as couple except for the delivery of our baby at her mum place since then my wife is with me in Toronto.

paparazzi1987

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Yes thanks for your opinion we are now talking to a lawyer as well as the MP office has agreed to intervene requesting them to re open and reconsideration of the decision in the light of other evidences showing that we have live together and continue to remain as couple except for the delivery of our baby at her mum place since then my wife is with me in Toronto.
By God grace it will end well for your family

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
That is strange for them to make enquiry at Service Ontario. I presumed they might have know about the address because you and your wife specified different address histories in your application.
Yes when the baby was born the hospital that he was born showed is not in Toronto but Windsor. In fact we have no reason to change our address as my wife mum address is already known to them on the marriage licenses issued and besides my wife was there temporary so she could complete the baby immunizations and baby classes program. She change her Ontario ID to her mum address during 2018 just to enable her received parcel at post office. We married on January 2017 and we live in Toronto until she was about to deliver and we move on 24th December 2017 to mum place but then the accommodation there was not something that would enable me to stay there continuously for the entire post natal period and so from time to l was commuting to and from Toronto which l provided all trips and my wife was also visiting me in Toronto during that same period. We explain all these circumstances but the officer insisted that we have broken cohabitation temporarily by not living together though she understand our circumstances she then said she was only doing her job and the policy so she would refuse the application after 30months of waiting