+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
its been 10 months any update?
13months after file transferred for further assessment at etobicoke office still no response.l called this morning they said everything is completed just waiting for an officer to do final review of eligibility but they can't tell me when they would start and complete. At this stage all options have been used including MP still this office is determined not to act but they claimed they haven't forgotten the application. Just the file waiting for review till thy kingdom come. Meaning waiting in perpetuity. No one can compell them to act. Hopefully if by end of September 2019 l don't hear from them l would go to court with my sponsor. In all the application is 27months from the date of receipt.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hello all.

I hope we are all doing well. My file was transferred to etobicoke last month for further assessment.

Im currently not working and I'm struggling financially. I live with my 1 year old son and common-law partner...

I have done many research on file transferred to etobicoke and apparently it seems it will take another 8 months to go through this struggle. My girlfriend ( the sponsor) is currently not working due an injury and will be going to surgery soon.. I also didn't get work permit because i had no status and have to wait still i get AIP.

Now I'm thinking of going to my country to work and withdraw the application and resend it outland.

DO any body think this will be a negative impact on the application if withdraw and resend outland?

Regards all
Given that your file was transferred last month you may have to wait many more months, it could be between 6 to 18months depending on your circumstances and you must order notes and find out when etobicoke office actually received your file. It is always different in time lapse when your letter was issued and when that office received the file.You must then start counting 6months to 18months from the date that office received your file.If you choose to withdraw at this stage you lose the fees no refund would be given. But reapplying outland comes with it own challenges as well. So if you can wait then wait, if not withdraw the application and submit outland whiles you are still in Canada and wait until you received AOR, police certificate before you leave Canada. All the best.

m96

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Given that your file was transferred last month you may have to wait many more months, it could be between 6 to 18months depending on your circumstances and you must order notes and find out when etobicoke office actually received your file. It is always different in time lapse when your letter was issued and when that office received the file.You must then start counting 6months to 18months from the date that office received your file.If you choose to withdraw at this stage you lose the fees no refund would be given. But reapplying outland comes with it own challenges as well. So if you can wait then wait, if not withdraw the application and submit outland whiles you are still in Canada and wait until you received AOR, police certificate before you leave Canada. All the best.

Wow, that’s insane.
Did you call CiC or Etobicoke office? Would you

shanzasheraz

Aug 16, 2019
Hello guys.

Today marks our one year, and weird enough my husband (the applicant) just received a letter saying that the application was transferred to the local office in Edmonton for further assessment of his eligibility.

Those who experienced that can you please help me understanding why it was transferred, and how long this will take?

Thank you
hi did u get any update

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my experience.

We applied for inland sponsorship on Jan 15, 2018.

Sponsorship approval Nov 23, 2018

My file was transferred for further assessments on Mar 02, 2019 to Etobicoke.

I am a failed refugee Claimant , CBSA called me from Removal Interview on July 23, 2019( I have been reporting over phone for 2 years now).

The officer asked me to apply for PRRA.

She told she will email IRCC Etobicoke to process my file ASAP and generally they would try to process in 60 days.

August 19, 2019 I missed a call from No Caller ID. I assumed it was immigration. And in 2 hours I got an update that my eligibility was passed on my GCKEY .

Today Aug 20, 2019 I see Decision Made on both side of my CAS (Client Application Status ).

Now I am waiting for IRCC Etobicoke to send me PR interview email.

Thank you all for your input and support. All the good news and personal experiences from fellow friends makes the journey little easier. Good luck to all !!!

Reactions: Goforhope

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
13months after file transferred for further assessment at etobicoke office still no response.l called this morning they said everything is completed just waiting for an officer to do final review of eligibility but they can't tell me when they would start and complete. At this stage all options have been used including MP still this office is determined not to act but they claimed they haven't forgotten the application. Just the file waiting for review till thy kingdom come. Meaning waiting in perpetuity. No one can compell them to act. Hopefully if by end of September 2019 l don't hear from them l would go to court with my sponsor. In all the application is 27months from the date of receipt.
thats so sad i have seen some posts they said they got reply from etobicoke and they are processing august and September applicants

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone
Is there anyone here who’s file got transferred to Etobicoke on or after june 2019 and got reply from them?
Im so nervous as mine got transferred end of may and still no reply
My medical is about to expire ☹

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone
Is there anyone here who’s file got transferred to Etobicoke on or after june 2019 and got reply from them?
Im so nervous as mine got transferred end of may and still no reply
My medical is about to expire ☹

my file got transferred to etobicoke around june 2019 and havent heard from them. but i did ordered and received my gcms note