+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
yesterday got an update from my MP, let's check what she responded "
Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We have verified the information you provided on behalf of your constituent on file F*******. We can confirm of the following update since your December 22, 2021 enquiry:

• A note from December 23, 2021 acknowledges reception of the clarification request we sent on your office’s behalf on November 23, 2021.

Rest assured that the responsible office will contact your constituent directly, if additional information is required."
Look out for further updates! I have a feeling

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
I had applied for my spousal work permit on oct 2 ,2020 and it got transferred to etobicoke office on Jan 7,2021 and I’m still waiting on it. On the other hand I received an invite under cec and me and my wife applied for our PR on may12,2021 and according to the PR CEC notes background check completed, medical passed , eligibility passed and our PR file transferred to etobicoke again on Feb 1,2022. This is getting really frustrating for me and my family. Waiting since 2020 October. And i cannot even work.

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
I had applied for my spousal work permit on oct 2 ,2020 and it got transferred to etobicoke office on Jan 7,2021 and I’m still waiting on it. On the other hand I received an invite under cec and me and my wife applied for our PR on may12,2021 and according to the PR CEC notes background check completed, medical passed , eligibility passed and our PR file transferred to etobicoke again on Feb 1,2022. This is getting really frustrating for me and my family. Waiting since 2020 October. And i cannot even work.
Sorry to hear that - the wait is unbearable and to be honest there are some people in this thread waiting since 2018 - I am not trying to discourage you but there is usually a reason - did you see why it has been transferred there from your notes?
if you have the time you can go back several pages and see the updates from past people - my timeline is in my signature if it helps at all - I think the Open work permit doesn’t come through until you get AIP which comes closer to the end of the process normally for inland applications- good luck and you’ve found the right place for support

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Sorry to hear that - the wait is unbearable and to be honest there are some people in this thread waiting since 2018 - I am not trying to discourage you but there is usually a reason - did you see why it has been transferred there from your notes?
if you have the time you can go back several pages and see the updates from past people - my timeline is in my signature if it helps at all - I think the Open work permit doesn’t come through until you get AIP which comes closer to the end of the process normally for inland applications- good luck and you’ve found the right place for support
My notes says application transferred for workload redistribution but I doubt because both my application is transferred there

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
My notes says application transferred for workload redistribution but I doubt because both my application is transferred there
Try ordering your CBSA notes too … also is there anything that you are aware of that may be a red flag to them? . I see you were asked for your transcripts which is an additional documents request - so your case is no longer under the normal processing timelines.

Last edited:

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Try ordering your CBSA notes too … also is there anything that you are aware of that may be a red flag to them? . I see you were asked for your transcripts which is an additional documents request - so your case is no longer under the normal processing timelines.
but right now everybody seems met the requirement but still waiting for what?

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
do you think I need to order notes for the case?

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
I was asked for notes because i did not applied my official transcripts , i applied the one’s which were available online on my college account. And when they asked inprovided them the official one’s. Not sure about any red flags :( . My notes does not says anything much.

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
I was asked for notes because i did not applied my official transcripts , i applied the one’s which were available online on my college account. And when they asked inprovided them the official one’s. Not sure about any red flags :( . My notes does not says anything much.
TRY THE NEW PR STATUS CHECKER: https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

MUST USE MIDDLE NAME IN GIVEN NAME BOX TOO IF YOU HAVE ONE

Reactions: rituppaatteell

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I registered for the PR status tracker. My husband has been waiting for his eCOPR since January 19 when the portal requirements was sent. The tracker shows COPR document number with an expiry date of September 27, 2021 :oops:. I'm very confused. Please is this normal?
It's a new tracker and there are some bits that are confusing or misleading.

You might want to look at your docs (passport, visas, entry dates to Canada) and see if any of them correspond to September 27 and/or sept 27 2021.

nikeyafricana

Aug 6, 2019
It's a new tracker and there are some bits that are confusing or misleading.

You might want to look at your docs (passport, visas, entry dates to Canada) and see if any of them correspond to September 27 and/or sept 27 2021.
Thanks for your reply. I was pretty worried. Passport expired that date.