+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application inland transferred to special unit

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Review of eligibility will be next step........the IRCC 12months processing time is a promise and not a guarantee, it could take less or more.......your case will likely take a little longer to complete..........but it will be completed soon..........relax.......its a wait game.
ok thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Although there is no income requirement you have to show that you can support yourselves so you may be asked to show how you are supporting two adults and a baby with occasional work. Also given you got married after 2 months I would expect that your application may take a bit longer to verify. A child doesn't impact whether you get approved. That is a false rumour.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Review of eligibility will be next step........the IRCC 12months processing time is a promise and not a guarantee, it could take less or more.......your case will likely take a little longer to complete..........but it will be completed soon..........relax.......its a wait game.
Dear Wakki,
Thank you for your help concerning my previous posts/enquires, I have just received a letter from IRCC confirming that the application has been transferred to Etobicoke. I really do not understand what the likely expectation would and so I have provided the content for your kind advice.. Do still need to inform Etobicoke about our new baby as I have already submitted the birth certificate of the child born in canada and IRCC Missisauga confirmed receipt of the document and same was acknowledged and commented on by the officer as proof of relationship when they did review both sponsor and applicant eligibility as shown in my GCSM note.

Below is the content of the letter received on 6th July, 2018

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in writing as follows: Etobicoke IRCC 5353 Dundas Street West, Suite 101, Etobicoke, ON, M9B 6K5 If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

When should I contact IRCC?
You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application for Permanent Residence;  Changes in the personal circumstances of the person you are sponsoring and his/her dependant(s), if any, including change in status in Canada, birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;  For changes in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of the person you are sponsoring, and that of their dependant(s), if any.

If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Dear Wakki,
Thank you for your help concerning my previous posts/enquires, I have just received a letter from IRCC confirming that the application has been transferred to Etobicoke. I really do not understand what the likely expectation would and so I have provided the content for your kind advice.. Do still need to inform Etobicoke about our new baby as I have already submitted the birth certificate of the child born in canada and IRCC Missisauga confirmed receipt of the document and same was acknowledged and commented on by the officer as proof of relationship when they did review both sponsor and applicant eligibility as shown in my GCSM note.

Below is the content of the letter received on 6th July, 2018

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in writing as follows: Etobicoke IRCC 5353 Dundas Street West, Suite 101, Etobicoke, ON, M9B 6K5 If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

When should I contact IRCC?
You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application for Permanent Residence;  Changes in the personal circumstances of the person you are sponsoring and his/her dependant(s), if any, including change in status in Canada, birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;  For changes in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of the person you are sponsoring, and that of their dependant(s), if any.

If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).

Also I just check my ECAS and its show the following
Review of Eligibilty:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Your inland sponsorship has been transferred to Etobicoke and been processed......the status is in-process.........relax.

If you had earlier informed IRCC of your newborn.......submitted the Canadian birth certificate and IRCC acknowledged and commented on the newborn as shown in your GCSM note.......you don't have re-inform Etobicoke.

Application status in your online account status........"Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".......means IRCC is reviewing your application documents to determine if the Principal Applicant should be eligible for PR.........when Review of Eligibility is completed.........Background Check is next.........and then review.before passport request........relax.

You would know IRCC has started Background Check when the message in application status........."Background Check: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information".

Reactions: Julia2018

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Your inland sponsorship has been transferred to Etobicoke and been processed......the status is in-process.........relax.

If you had earlier informed IRCC of your newborn.......submitted the Canadian birth certificate and IRCC acknowledged and commented on the newborn as shown in your GCSM note.......you don't have re-inform Etobicoke.

Application status in your online account status........"Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".......means IRCC is reviewing your application documents to determine if the Principal Applicant should be eligible for PR.........when Review of Eligibility is completed.........Background Check is next.........and then review.before passport request........relax.

You would know IRCC has started Background Check when the message in application status........."Background Check: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information".
The BG check says we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Medical: You have passed
Additional information: not applicable
Interview: you do not need interview, we will send you a request for interview if we need to.

Given all this information would they call us for interview ? Or simply they would request me to submit my passport . At the time of my application my passport was 5months to expiration and now has expired and l have since acquired a new one.Do l informed them of the new one or l have to wait when they ask then l would supply the new one.

Reactions: Calm2019

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
IRCC has started processing background check......from the status message, you likely won't have an interview before approval.......the passport request letter will have instructions.

Good you have renewed your passport........although not mandatory, you may send a copy of the new passport data page through IRCC Webform.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
They have approved my sponsor in the last two days and my time lines now read as follows;
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I have still not received approval in principle even after one year has passed away since application dated 8th May 2017. Etobicoke office is still further doing an assessment and they assured me they would contact me but I have still not heard from them

2cicihong

Jul 8, 2018
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Toronto
i received the same letter says that my file transfer to etobicoke about a mouth ago, my application was accepted a year ago. i heard that ppl have waited about 8 mouth for a response once this happen in the past, anyone knows the processing time nowadays?

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
i received the same letter says that my file transfer to etobicoke about a mouth ago, my application was accepted a year ago. i heard that ppl have waited about 8 mouth for a response once this happen in the past, anyone knows the processing time nowadays?
Hmm is really a matter of waiting games since l received that letter is been almost a month but still haven't heard from that office. If someone can really tell us how long we have to wait l would appreciate it. For now we have to wait to hear from the etobicoke office

Bip31

May 19, 2018
Hmm is really a matter of waiting games since l received that letter is been almost a month but still haven't heard from that office. If someone can really tell us how long we have to wait l would appreciate it. For now we have to wait to hear from the etobicoke office
Hi mine was transfered to Vancouver and it took a month for them to contact me with fingerprint request but that is Vancouver though, I hear Etobicoke is very busy.

Reactions: Julia2018

koura

Nov 19, 2017
@Wakki ,hello,,kindly we need your advice concerning our file. iam FSW May 12th,2017,we knew that we were under security screening from the latest gcms notes. Also we hace received 2 days ago a reply form CIC informing us that our file is transferred to a special unit...do you know what is a special unit?? and as per your knowledge does our security screening report has been finished? kindly advise

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi mine was transfered to Vancouver and it took a month for them to contact me with fingerprint request but that is Vancouver though, I hear Etobicoke is very busy.
Hey . My file too was transfered from Mississauga to Vancouver ! !!! Is that normal please??? I am september 2017 applicant.
Did u get your décision made ! !!
Thank you.

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018

Hi wakki. I need an answer please . I am september 20 2017 applicant.
In my account GCKEY it says :
Review of eligibilty : your application is in progress we Will send you a message when we start review your eligibility
Medical exam passed
Additional documents : we are reviewing the additionnels documents that you provided
No interview no fingerprint
Backround check : we are processing your backround check since April 2018.
Is that normal they started my backround check before the review of eligibilty ? ??
And when I called yesterday they said my file was transfered from Mississauga to Vancouver because Mississauga is too busy. Is that true ? ?
Thank you so much.

koura

Nov 19, 2017
how do u know for sure u were under security screening? did the GCMS mention it explicitly or you're assuming it?
did u email CIC asking for an update or you got an email from CIC informing you that file has been transferred?
hello, well its been since november my background check is still in process..thats why i am assuming that we are in security screening.. and we emailed cic asking for an update and they replied that our file has been ttansferred to a special unit.. sl do you have any idea about it?