+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
I have no idea. I don't really see Colombians active on this forum, I think they don't follow the forum. I'm sorry you have to do it through a representative. May I ask if it's a lawyer? Everyone here, unless you have a really complicated case, think lawyers for this is a waste of money, and also delays the process a bit longer than if it were without a lawyer. I truly do wish you get it soon. Also, if you want, you can send me private messages so we can keep the conversation there, perhaps it would be easier.
Yes, it's a lawyer.. we didn't want to have one but after having the app ready before December and watching the changes in January we didn't want it stressing us out again. Also because we didn't know if all the info and documents we had were enough and correct. I don't know if it delays the process but we are on it now.

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hey @JulianaAndrew this is my timeline

May 13 app sent
May 16 app received (ECAS says June 1)
July 1 AOR1
July 10 Schedule A requested
July 13 Sponsor Approval
July 14 Schedule A submitted
July 20 Schedule A replacement
July 26 Schedule A submitted
August 18 App transferred
August 22 AOR2
August 23 Background, scripture for marriage certificate and 4 photographs requested.

I am thinking about to get the background verification with Omnitempus but they said it takes 5 working days. I have to call G4S to ask how is the process. Which one is the best ?

I hope for next week I get DM....

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hey @JulianaAndrew this is my timeline

May 13 app sent
May 16 app received (ECAS says June 1)
July 1 AOR1
July 10 Schedule A requested
July 13 Sponsor Approval
July 14 Schedule A submitted
July 20 Schedule A replacement
July 26 Schedule A submitted
August 18 App transferred
August 22 AOR2
August 23 Background, scripture for marriage certificate and 4 photographs requested.

I am thinking about to get the background verification with Omnitempus but they said it takes 5 working days. I have to call G4S to ask how is the process. Which one is the best ?

I hope for next week I get DM....
Had you not submitted the escritura de matrimonio already? I submitted mine along with my military card, I hope they don't ask me for them again. Also, do you know if you have to translate it? If you have to translate it, you just have to translate the actual escritura, where it says that you both agreed to the marriage, and that sort of thing. Remember you don't have to deal with the background check, so you don't have to translate it or anything, 5 working days sounds really good. I don't know how much time it would take with G4S, please let me know if you find out. Your timeline looks really good, I hope you get DM soon too! :) Good luck!

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Had you not submitted the escritura de matrimonio already? I submitted mine along with my military card, I hope they don't ask me for them again. Also, do you know if you have to translate it? If you have to translate it, you just have to translate the actual escritura, where it says that you both agreed to the marriage, and that sort of thing. Remember you don't have to deal with the background check, so you don't have to translate it or anything, 5 working days sounds really good. I don't know how much time it would take with G4S, please let me know if you find out. Your timeline looks really good, I hope you get DM soon too! :) Good luck!
I didn't know that I had to submit it, i just sent the civil marriage certificate and catholic marriage certificate, so the lady called me to tell me I don't have the other part of both and I have to choose one marriage, because I got married twice. So I chose the first one and just get the escritura de matrimonio. Right now I'm translating it with a company and sending the papers tomorrow to the embassy with the photos. Once I find out which company is the best and how long take the other one, I'll let you know. But I prefer to choose the one who takes less time. I know that Omnitempus doesn't translate it, they inform once the embassy receives it and they said that there is no problem for sending the background in Spanish. I have to wait until tomorrow to know how is G4S. For the moment keeping positive !!!

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hey @JulianaAndrew,

I got the background check with Omnitempus because I tried to contact the other security company and they didn't answer. It took 3 working days to get my certificate and they sent it to the embassy. Do you know how long it can take to get a DM now?

August 24 - Background in process
August 25 - Escritura de matrimonio and photos received
August 29 - Background certificate received

Last edited:

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hey @JulianaAndrew,

I got the background check with Omnitempus because I tried to contact the other security company and they didn't answer. It took 3 working days to get my certificate and they sent it to the embassy. Do you know how long it can take to get a DM now?

August 24 - Background in process
I am sorry, I do not know. From now on, anything you learn would be pretty much new to me. It depends on the case, also. I know of an application through Bogota that got DM after just about 2 months of being transferred from Mississauga. The whole thing took a little more than 4 months from received (not AOR) until landed. If your case is very simple and straight forward, you will probably enjoy a smooth process. However, there's no way to know this 100%. Good luck!

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hey @Dani92
I got my AOR today :) Got the schedule A request and also a request for the police certificate, but I just submitted a letter stating the country from where I applying requires a consent form from them to give the police certificate, and they do it directly to the embassy. I hope that this will push them a little bit to transfer the file sooner to the embassy in Bogota. I will keep you updated with my timeline.

Application received - July 26th
AOR, Schedule A request - September 1st
Schedule A submitted online - September 1st

Reactions: Dani92

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hey @Dani92
I got my AOR today :) Got the schedule A request and also a request for the police certificate, but I just submitted a letter stating the country from where I applying requires a consent form from them to give the police certificate, and they do it directly to the embassy. I hope that this will push them a little bit to transfer the file sooner to the embassy in Bogota. I will keep you updated with my timeline.

Application received - July 26th
AOR, Schedule A request - September 1st
Schedule A submitted online - September 1st
I'm happy to know u got the AOR1 with the schedule A request in the same day. I hope everything goes fast for u and get the file transfer as well. I'm still waiting to hear about the DM but I know it can take weeks. Trying to keep positive and being patient with this process. The only thing I know is that I can't travel until November because I have a family trip and the PR card is taking 60+ days to get it, so it won't work for time I land in Canada until the day I have to travel to Colombia, but would be just two months waiting. Thanks for sharing your timeline and all the best for you and your wife.

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
Hi Folks,
The same as you, i started this process to sponsor my wife.
All has been made by myself, i filled up the forms, i am the one who contact the embassy directly etc. I have never trusted in using a representative cause the information share and info makes the process longer.
I send the app and they received it on jan. 9th
AOR feb.14
S.A and file transfer to bogota V.O feb 15
Mail convocating my wife to a interview: march 9
Interview, meds and police certificate request may 18
As she already had her csq she gave it to the embassy the day of the interview
Background in process june 29.
Since that moment we are still waiting for any movements.
I sent a e mail on august 10 asking for any info about the process and they just answer:
Your application still in process, we thank you for your patience and to keep your correspondence to a minimum.
I ask for the gmcs notes on aug. 25, still waiting to receive them
My only advise according to my experience: Not to have any expectations about the colombian embassy because as personal experience, the agents are not as fast and diligent as i expected. Thanks.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
@edelahozd It depends on each case. I saw one where they got everything approved within 4 months. You needing an interview definitely delays the process. What I have learned is that when you contact the embassy, they only answer to direct questions, they don't answer to general questions about how the process is going. Do you know why you needed an interview?

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
@edelahozd It depends on each case. I saw one where they got everything approved within 4 months. You needing an interview definitely delays the process. What I have learned is that when you contact the embassy, they only answer to direct questions, they don't answer to general questions about how the process is going. Do you know why you needed an interview?
We got married at new york and only my mother and daughter attempted the marriage. Was not the typical marriage with lots of people. I'm on a facebook page were we are all sponsoring via bogota V.O. you should join to have a idea about how much time the process really take. We are a bunch of people still waiting since not less than 8 months still. I also have a lot of expectations too, but to the good of my knowledge, they take their time to get the job done. One thing is for sure, every agent have their idea of what a genuine marriage is. I have seen all kind of cases and there is not a patron to follow. Anyways, bets of lucks for yoy guys. Parrainage colombie -canada on facebook.

Reactions: Iglet

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
We got married at new york and only my mother and daughter attempted the marriage. Was not the typical marriage with lots of people. I'm on a facebook page were we are all sponsoring via bogota V.O. you should join to have a idea about how much time the process really take. We are a bunch of people still waiting since not less than 8 months still. I also have a lot of expectations too, but to the good of my knowledge, they take their time to get the job done. One thing is for sure, every agent have their idea of what a genuine marriage is. I have seen all kind of cases and there is not a patron to follow. Anyways, bets of lucks for yoy guys. Parrainage colombie -canada on facebook.
Hi, I can't find the page on fb. Can you send me the link of that page please. Do you have a wp group for Bogotá VO ? If not we should creat a new one because there is much easier to keep in touch.

Reactions: mpsqra

Dani92

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hi Folks,
The same as you, i started this process to sponsor my wife.
All has been made by myself, i filled up the forms, i am the one who contact the embassy directly etc. I have never trusted in using a representative cause the information share and info makes the process longer.
I send the app and they received it on jan. 9th
AOR feb.14
S.A and file transfer to bogota V.O feb 15
Mail convocating my wife to a interview: march 9
Interview, meds and police certificate request may 18
As she already had her csq she gave it to the embassy the day of the interview
Background in process june 29.
Since that moment we are still waiting for any movements.
I sent a e mail on august 10 asking for any info about the process and they just answer:
Your application still in process, we thank you for your patience and to keep your correspondence to a minimum.
I ask for the gmcs notes on aug. 25, still waiting to receive them
My only advise according to my experience: Not to have any expectations about the colombian embassy because as personal experience, the agents are not as fast and diligent as i expected. Thanks.
I don't think that having a representative makes the process longer. How @JulianaAndrew said each case is different. I knew that someone who applied this year and the process took just 2 months, even having an interview. There is another couple who applied on sept 2016 and got DM with passport request on Dec 2016.

We have an immigration lawyer, for the moment everything seems to be falling into place nicely, but what I don't like is that we don't have access to MyCic and check how goes the process. If the medical exam passed, if we need or not an interview, if they started to process or not the background check. If you know about a phone number where I can call and know all the information above through an automatized call would be helpful for me.

This is my timeline:
May 13 - App sent (medical exam and PCC upfront)
May 16 - App received (ECAS says June 1 because CPC Mississauga had problems with app received in the middle of May)
July 1 - AOR 1
July 10 - Schedule A requested
July 13 - Sponsor Approval
July 14 - Schedule A received
July 20 - Schedule A replacement
July 26 - Schedule A received
August 18 - App transferred
August 22 - AOR 2
August 23 - background verification certificate, escritura de matrimonio and 4 photographs request
August 24 - Background in process with Omnitempus

Since then I'm waiting for DM but I don't know how long is gonna take to get it, i keep positive but I've been feeling frustrated because I would like to have it know. ;)

Last edited:

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi, I can't find the page on fb. Can you send me the link of that page please. Do you have a wp group for Bogotá VO ? If not we should creat a new one because there is much easier to keep in touch.
no te preocupes
lo importante es que haya quedado resgitrado, un par de fotos, alguna cena
viajes, contacto con la familia