+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Alia2016

Dec 20, 2016
spouse sponsorship via Accra

Hello friends,
Anyone has an experience with Accra people. What's their processing time look like
Any information would be greatly appreciated

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Thanks Jorlando ! I am happy for you guys too. We sent her passport within 15 minutes of receiving the email, so lets see. I feel that maybe by mid January they will return it for both of Us. if so it would be just a matter of organizing things, tickets, packing etc.
Keep Us all posted to !

Happy holidays !

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
I have a question. the email we got requesting PPR did not say anything about prepaid envelopes. Just asked Us for an up to date mailing address and phone number in Bogota, and they specified that should be where we wish the passport to be mailed to. Why do I hear about prepaid envelopes in other threads ?

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sponsoring123 said:
I have a question. the email we got requesting PPR did not say anything about prepaid envelopes. Just asked Us for an up to date mailing address and phone number in Bogota, and they specified that should be where we wish the passport to be mailed to. Why do I hear about prepaid envelopes in other threads ?
We had to use a prepaid envelope since we were notified by our representative, that if we didn't do so we wouldn't receive our passport. I don't know how it works when applying from Colombia itself.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
sponsoring123 said:
My wife had an interview and at the interview they had her fill out a form saying where to mail the passport and such things like that. We never were asked about prepaid and it the email it didn't even mention anything about prepaid. Just to send passport

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Thank You !, well, I just followed exactly the instructions of the email, and there was no mentioning of pre paid envelopes at all. Just waiting now !

ccalrod

Dec 26, 2016
Hello guys, I'm new here. Also this is my first post here!

I'd like a little advice, I'm getting through a very hard time with this immigration process...

Our story: My wife and I are from Bogotá. She got a PPR as part of her family (It was 5 years ago by Skilled Worker program) and we've been together since several years ago (not living together, I mean). She went to live in Toronto with her parents in December 2014 so we thought about the possibility of a sponsorship (Family Class) in the future.

Now, in April 2015 she went back to Bogotá to graduate from her college and we decided to get married. The problem is that she was having obligations (from work) to resolve so the flight to Canada was programmed sooner than our possible ceremony date (the Notaría fooled us lying about the business days running because there was a "festivo"/public holiday in between, so got everything postponed). We decided then to celebrate before the ceremony and do it by proxy with a friend of us. That ceremony was held on April 7th (so she was in Canada then).

When we were researching before sending any application, we found really bad news: The Operational Bulletin 613 (that makes this kind of wedding ceremony unlegitimate without -real- exemptions). Our process got blocked instantly before sending anything.

Later on, I sent a TRV application out of despair (with her invitation letter and every proof and document we could). I've got it rejected because of my ties. So, in the eyes of Canada's immigration authorities I can't visit my wife because she's actually my wife BUT if I want to apply for sponsorship, my marriage isn't valid. Curious isn't it?

Now the good part: I started freelancing with a Toronto-based business from a year ago and my client is considering the possibility to build a new business/shop having me as a contractor. The good news is my work (as a designer) is admitted by the Canada-Colombia FTA so there's not LMIA needed to work temporarily.

We (my wife and I) are very, very tired. We've been traveling and having a good time together but getting her return to Bogotá because of our problematic immigration case would be a big bummer also for her current situation. Nowadays we have three 'real' options:

- Me getting a Work Permit if my client helps me out.
- She getting back here and (a) living together 1yr for Common-Law status or (b) filing a divorce and re-marrying (plain ridiculous).
- Giving up.

I write this post from Bogotá, if anyone wants to meet up.

That's all.

Thank you for reading and for your help.

C

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Hi ccalrod, I am sorry to hear about the complications of the situation for you and your wife. To be honest and thinking of the future, I think that the best and only real option is for her to move back to Colombia and be together for at least one year, then apply by common law status.
Even if you get a temporary permit to work in Canada, at some point you will have to leave back to Colombia. I think that the most important thing is the long term planning.
May be a big sacrifice for her to go back to Colombia, but looking at it as just a temporary situation which will put you both in the lawful position to apply again, and do things the way the Canadian government wants it.

That is just my opinion. Good luck.

outro7

Oct 25, 2016
Hi guys
I've been getting info from this site so i thought i would tell u guys about my application in case it might help someone. I'm sponsoring my wife who lives in medellin. My application was received august 15 2016. I was approved as a sponsor sept 12. My wife got her aor2 i think 2 days later. Her medical and background check (plus 4 photos and fixing a form we made a mistake on in the original application) were requested sept 22. Oct 6 they asked for more proof of our relationship(pics ,joint accounts, flights,joint living). We only sent pics and the itinerary of a flight that happened after we applied. Dec 22 my wife received a request for her passport.
One question i have is although they requested her passport they did not say if we are approved and on our account online it still says in process...did this happen to anyone else? Also ive seen lately its been taking a while for people to get their passport back...how long did it take for those of you who have already received it? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
outro7 said:
Hi guys
I've been getting info from this site so i thought i would tell u guys about my application in case it might help someone. I'm sponsoring my wife who lives in medellin. My application was received august 15 2016. I was approved as a sponsor sept 12. My wife got her aor2 i think 2 days later. Her medical and background check (plus 4 photos and fixing a form we made a mistake on in the original application) were requested sept 22. Oct 6 they asked for more proof of our relationship(pics ,joint accounts, flights,joint living). We only sent pics and the itinerary of a flight that happened after we applied. Dec 22 my wife received a request for her passport.
One question i have is although they requested her passport they did not say if we are approved and on our account online it still says in process...did this happen to anyone else? Also ive seen lately its been taking a while for people to get their passport back...how long did it take for those of you who have already received it? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Hey outro

My understanding is when they ask for the passport that's it. You are approved. Next step is just wait for the passport to come back. We are in the same position. They confirmed the 23rd of December they received the passport so we are just waiting now. Anxiously waiting for that passport. We are hoping it doesn't take a long time to get back

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Hi Outro, exact same position here. they requested the passport Dec 20th. My wife sent it that very same day. Same thing at the CIC website, no change on status. We are waiting.
When going through people's time lines on the track it forum I can see that usually the time between passport request and return in Bogota VO has been between 2 to 3 weeks, so hopefully soon We all receive it. It seems that they process in batches, as I see We all have similar PR dates.

outro7

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks for the responses jorlando and sponsoring. That's good to hear, hopefully we get good news soon. The government has invested $25 million to make the family sponsorship process faster in 2017 so hopefully the ones that are still waiting wont have to wait much longer.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Just passing by to wish you all a Happy New Year! Glad some of you have received their passports back and passport requests, to those who are still please don't worry, it takes time but at the end it's definitely worth it.
Hope you are all reunited with your families soon!
;D

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Hi C.

I think the LMIA-exempt work permit is the fastest route for you and your wife to be together IN Canada. I think since your occupation is covered in the CCOFTA, you should have no issue getting your company to process that. I just recently got an LMIA-Exempt permit (although via a PNP nomination) and it didn't take much time ( around a month for my Employer to get the code after filling and submitting the docs in the employer portal), and they only need to pay around 120 dollars to process it. Once you have that, the consulate office in Bogota actually takes less time processing the work permit than say, if you were to do it from within Canada (currently around 13 weeks for new permits). And, as of December 2016, they have just lifted the 4 year restriction on work permits ,so that will give you time to find what you need to do to process the PR through your spouse.

Hope this helps.

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Well, two days ago the status in the CIC site changed to process closed and approved. Yesterday We received the email asking my wife to go to the embassy in Bogota to pick up her passport. Funny thing is that They only allow passports to be picked up on Wednesdays, so We have to wait another 6 days to get it. We are very excited and planning the flight in a couple weeks ! I can't believe how fast the whole thing took. 4 months and two days. It really looks like Bogota VO and the whole CIC are working way faster than before.
Anyone else got any news ?