Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Hello Jorlandoj82, and anyone else who can tell me about the background check. I sent mine a couple days ago and the security company "Omnitempus" confirmed that it had been sent to the embassy, but now I am worried that the embassy hasn't received it after reading your post. How do We know if the embassy actually got it ? has anyone actually got a confirmation from the embassy ?

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Never received confirmation. They told us today that they are resending the report. I'm assuming it got lost because we did it before she even has a application number. Now she has one. We gave it to them and they are sending it with the application number as a reference. I am leaving dec 28 to go back to Canada. Little more than 6 weeks so we are praying to get the papers so she can join me in flying back.

Humblee. She was not give. Any forms at all. Just said they need the report and everything is good to go.

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Thanks Korlandoj. I hope then that all is ok with our background check. and Yes, I heard that until the applicant gets the number assign the background check is not to be requested.
Good luck !

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
jorlandoj82 said:
Never received confirmation. They told us today that they are resending the report. I'm assuming it got lost because we did it before she even has a application number. Now she has one. We gave it to them and they are sending it with the application number as a reference. I am leaving dec 28 to go back to Canada. Little more than 6 weeks so we are praying to get the papers so she can join me in flying back.

Humblee. She was not give. Any forms at all. Just said they need the report and everything is good to go.

So they told her her application has been approved

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Hi veryone I hope everybody is fine. I am worry about my application because at the beginning of the interview they give me a brown form and they told me to do it only if my agent says yes at the and of the interview. So i asked him and he says yes. So I am feeling I am the only one who has to do it also he says I will recibe a email y 3 weeks can somebody give me any advice.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Oh sorry. She just told me they did give her one but it's just to write down logistical information on where to send her documents when it's ready. But she filled it out and signed it there. The security company sent the report again yesterday this time including her application number.
Humblee. Was your form the same? With location information?

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Question for everyone

I have family in Bogotá. When and if the passport is ready to send back out, can we send someone to
Pick it up instead of waiting for it to be mailed? Do we fill out a for or something?

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
jorlandoj82 said:
Oh sorry. She just told me they did give her one but it's just to write down logistical information on where to send her documents when it's ready. But she filled it out and signed it there. The security company sent the report again yesterday this time including her application number.
Humblee. Was your form the same? With location information?
Thanks you for the info. Let us know if their is any news

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sponsoring123 said:
Thanks Liiaa ! I'm confused, did you get asked for the 4 pictures back in February ? but got PPR 2 weeks after ? or they asked for more pics recently ? which other documents did they request ?
Hi sponsoring 123, Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I hardly come on here now. I was asked for the 4 pics back in february but after that my case went quiet until my interview In April. and back iI believe it was end of september beginning of Oct I was asked to submit the 4 pics again and some docs, then 2 weeks later I got PPR. It has now been exactly 4 weeks since I sent in my passport and I still haven't received it back. It could be because I forgot to send in the email they sent me along with passport, so that could be my delay.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Liiaa said:
Hi sponsoring 123, Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I hardly come on here now. I was asked for the 4 pics back in february but after that my case went quiet until my interview In April. and back iI believe it was end of september beginning of Oct I was asked to submit the 4 pics again and some docs, then 2 weeks later I got PPR. It has now been exactly 4 weeks since I sent in my passport and I still haven't received it back. It could be because I forgot to send in the email they sent me along with passport, so that could be my delay.

Do they give you the option to pick up the passport ? In person?

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Thanks Liiaa. We were not requested interview, so who knows when they are going to call Us for PPR. hopefully soon. I heard that Bogota VO is processing straight forward cases within 6 months, so hopefully that will be our case.
One more question, We requested the background check with Omnitempus, and received a confirmation from them that they had sent it to the Embassy, but we have no confirmation from the Embassy itself. Shall We get in touch with them to ask if they received it ? I am scared if they did not, as the 30 days they gave Us to submit it will be done soon. any thoughts from anyone ? am I being too paranoid ?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
sponsoring123 said:
Thanks Liiaa. We were not requested interview, so who knows when they are going to call Us for PPR. hopefully soon. I heard that Bogota VO is processing straight forward cases within 6 months, so hopefully that will be our case.
One more question, We requested the background check with Omnitempus, and received a confirmation from them that they had sent it to the Embassy, but we have no confirmation from the Embassy itself. Shall We get in touch with them to ask if they received it ? I am scared if they did not, as the 30 days they gave Us to submit it will be done soon. any thoughts from anyone ? am I being too paranoid ?
Hey Sponsoring123,
I know you sent the message out to Lia but I was around here and I could answer what you asked her, don't stress, they already received it, they don't send out confirmation number or anything but make sure you have the receipt of your background check request. The worst thing you can do about this whole process is stress out, it's hard not to but try to avoid as much as you can (I wish I could've given me this same advice a couple of months ago). Take care and Best Of luck!

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Thanks so much JJ628 ! I know We have to be patient... I will follow your advice. Thanks !!

Ms.C

Nov 30, 2016
Liia - do you have your passport back yet?

My husband's passport has been at the BOG embassy since November 1st and our anxiety has just about gone through the roof. We live in Central Asia so being in a third country for this long without a passport has been very concerning. Big prayers that your passport gets returned to you very soon if it hasn't already! We're hoping to travel to Canada on December 16th (no way we could wait until the return of the passport to book the tickets from here for the Christmas season - he only has until Jan. 27 to enter). Fingers crossed that we'll be on that plane!

I wish I had found this forum earlier. It's so nice to see other people who understand how painful this process can be. After months and months of paperwork and an enormous sum of money we're grateful to finally see the end of the PR process. We're hoping for a Christmas miracle! We haven't been able to enter together Canada since we got married over three years ago and have been living in the Middle East and Central Asia since there. The plan is to surprise my family for the holidays - it could be the best Christmas ever :)