+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
So I received another email from the embassy asking for another 4 pictures. The guy from the photo studio took the pictures exactly how they asked for them. I have 15 days to send them again.
I'll have to go today to take them, so I could send it as soon as possible.
:'( :-\ :-X ???
Congrats JJ,

Sounds like you'll be on your way soon :) My nephew was asked for pics and a month later he was requested PPR.

Keep us posted ;)

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skii said:
It finally came! PPR! My husband got a call today from the embassy. Apparently, they were supposed to send our PPR a while ago with the last batch of requests but they never did. He has to land in Canada before August 23! Looks like we'll be there sooner than we thought. It took us exactly 12 months from application submission to landing in Canada. I wish you all the best of luck. Hang in there!
Congratulations :)

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Liiaa said:
Congrats JJ,

Sounds like you'll be on your way soon :) My nephew was asked for pics and a month later he was requested PPR.

Keep us posted ;)
After the ppr request how long does it take more or less. Thanks

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorlandoj82 said:
Hey everyone. It's been a while since wrote on here. Didn't have much info to share. However things are taking place. I'm happy to see so many people's applications moving and prrs arriving. I'm happy for everyone and gives me encouragement.
So my application was receive may 30. July 26 got the AOR1 and the papers were sent to Bogotá.
Bogotá got them aug 3 and today we received and email stating they wanted receipt of payment of background check, 4 passport photos and copy of marriage certificate. So I will be gathering all that this weekend and sending that to them.

And I am currently living in Medellin with my wife because I cannot bare to be away from her.
Glad things are moving for you. Its hard to be away from our spouses, so happy you are both together. keep us posted.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
Congrats JJ,

Keep us posted ;)
Thanks Liiaa!!! Even though to tell you the truth, I'm hopping to get PPR by December, so I can land on January. I'm currently on a one year contract at work and I "can't" quit because if I do, I'll have to pay a fine. Hopefully they do expand medical exams up to a year, so the passport says I can land until March 2017

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh2857 said:
After the ppr request how long does it take more or less. Thanks
My nephew has been waiting for o1.5 months now and his passport still hasn't been shipped back. He has called in but i am not sure what they have told him or what the hold up is.
JJ628 said:
Thanks Liiaa!!! Even though to tell you the truth, I'm hopping to get PPR by December, so I can land on January. I'm currently on a one year contract at work and I "can't" quit because if I do, I'll have to pay a fine. Hopefully they do expand medical exams up to a year, so the passport says I can land until March 2017
That's unfortunate. Hopefully they do extend your medical exam longer so you have time to wait until your contract is up.

I am still waiting for answers ??? Seems like they forgot about me lol

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hello guys!!!!!! Congratulations to those who got the ppr... and for those who have not yet, I will keep you in my prayers so you can get it soon!

Also I have awesome news! My hubby got his PPR today! two months before his medicals expire! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! ;D :p :eek:

It took 12 and half months! ;D

hang in there my peeps!

XOXOXOXOX

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
Hello guys!!!!!! Congratulations to those who got the ppr... and for those who have not yet, I will keep you in my prayers so you can get it soon!

Also I have awesome news! My hubby got his PPR today! two months before his medicals expire! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! ;D :p :eek:

It took 12 and half months! ;D

hang in there my peeps!

XOXOXOXOX
MarCar Congratulations!!!!!! I'm glad your husband finally got his PPR!!!

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
MarCar Congratulations!!!!!! I'm glad your husband finally got his PPR!!!
Thank you JJ! :) I cant believe we are almost done! My hubby is sending the photos and passport this Friday. ;D

Also he will be here for Thanksgiving! YAY!

So hang in there! your time will come soon! :D

jaiandcor

Jul 27, 2016
Catherine27 said:
Hello jaiandcor,

I know that! I arrived to Canada on March with visitor visa. Now, I just should go to a border for going out like visitor and enter like Permanent resident. :)

The visa expire in September, if I would be in Colombia, I would have just 2 months for coming to Canada, otherwise I should start the process again.

hope you get the visa soon! :)

Catherine
Thank you my wife sent police check 2 weeks ago and did medicals on Friday hopefully we will be together soon :)

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Hello everyone

I started my PR app Jan 2016. Today I received a request for PPR. I am wondering what the best way to mail the passport? Do I have to send a return envelope as well ? I am not sure what the best way to go about this process. thanks in advance. ps: I am super excited/nervous

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Josh2857 said:
Hello everyone

I started my PR app Jan 2016. Today I received a request for PPR. I am wondering what the best way to mail the passport? Do I have to send a return envelope as well ? I am not sure what the best way to go about this process. thanks in advance. ps: I am super excited/nervous
Josh congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you got your PPR!!! Your news is sort of making me freak out!!
You have to send your passport with a return envelope if you're not living in Bogota, if you are you can send it and go pick it up.
Best of luck in everything, please keep us posted!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh2857 said:
Hello everyone

Good luck to you and congrats.

So apaprently I was asked for documents in JUNE and my representative MISSED the email. How irresponsible, my husband and I are furious but we do understand things can get lost in the mail or email.... Anyhow they sent us another email giving us 15 days to send the docs and looks like everything is moving quite well. I was sad I didn't hear anything since I had my interview and now I know why. That's why I always wanted to follow up but they said it wasn't a good idea. Should've followed my instincts. Hope everyone here is doing great and hoping to hear good news soon.

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
JJ628 said:
Josh congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you got your PPR!!! Your news is sort of making me freak out!!
You have to send your passport with a return envelope if you're not living in Bogota, if you are you can send it and go pick it up.
Best of luck in everything, please keep us posted!
Thanks so much. I called FedEx but they said that I can't pay for a return label/ envelope. How do I go about this . Please help thanks

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Liiaa said:
So apaprently I was asked for documents in JUNE and my representative MISSED the email. How irresponsible, my husband and I are furious but we do understand things can get lost in the mail or email.... Anyhow they sent us another email giving us 15 days to send the docs and looks like everything is moving quite well. I was sad I didn't hear anything since I had my interview and now I know why. That's why I always wanted to follow up but they said it wasn't a good idea. Should've followed my instincts. Hope everyone here is doing great and hoping to hear good news soon.
Well, that sucks Liiaa! Thank goodness you got more time! Do not be afraid to follow up! I asked my husband to send an e-mail every month! i do not if it help but I leas we kenw they would have to reply. :D

Seems VO Bogota is moving! :D