+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

disisme

Jan 14, 2012
zardoz said:
The figures stated are minimums, so if you don't meet them, I would think that you will have no chance. They will take at least some of the processing fee if they accept the application and then refuse it.
thanks very much for the reply. Just one more question pls...
In the question how you wish to proceed if you do not meet the sponsorship requirements, if I select "withdrawal", they will deduct $75 and return the application,

can I re-apply next year in this case?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
disisme said:
In the question how you wish to proceed if you do not meet the sponsorship requirements, if I select "withdrawal", they will deduct $75 and return the application,

If you meet the requirements for next year, yes.
You will probably only be charged for the sponsor fee, not the whole lot, if you withdraw.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
disisme said:
Hello All!!
I am meeting the income requirement for 2011, 2012 and 2013. Getting short by $4000/- off the 2010 LICO of $53,557.
  • Do you think its even worth to try?
  • What's my financial risk if my application gets return? Are they going to forfeit $1040? Any idea?
If you don't meet 2010 LICO+30%, then it doesn't matter if you are even $1 short, you will not qualify.

And your 2013 income is useless, since by the time you filed your 2013 taxes and got Notice of Assessment, the 5000 cap will have already been reached so program will be closed.

Your best bet seems to be waiting until the next time they re-open the program, which will most likely be January 2015 (but no guarantees).

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
done said:
i've asked a lawyer as well and he confirm that qc has it own rules regarding immigration. they chose whoever they think can fit with qc, and at the end of the day once QC aproved the person that immigrant CIC have no choice but to aprove it, unless crimnal record or medical issue. so yes QC has the power that other provance don't have.
QC looking for people that dont have any english background, if you don't speek english you have beter chance to enter QC.

yes that the way it is in QC THEY HAVE THE POWER TO CHOSE.
That does seem to be the case. However there are some rules that are dictated by CIC/Federal govt, that even QC can't do anything about. QC residents send the app to CIC FIRST, and then only if CIC approves that their mandatory conditions are met, will they then start the QC process. The only question here is if the 3 yrs income/+30% for LICO, will be left as CIC/Fed rule and ALL must meet... or if this rule is dismissed for QC residents.

The forms as they are now, are confusing and don't explicitly say this. As i mentioned, #5 on the list of supporting documents you are supposed to include from Checklist, is for 3 yrs income proof. And there is no note that says QC residents don't have to submit this. They just don't have to submit the financial evaluation form.

3 years income, +30% income increase, and a 20 year undertaking commitment are key aspects to parents sponsorship, and it's really not fair if just 1 province gets such easier rules to follow.

done

Oct 28, 2013
it sure is VERY confusing.

we did fill up the imm1344 and send it, we don't have anything to lose since we don't meet LICO+30%.

I will update as soon as I'll get an answer.

happy new year

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
Folks,

Had a question about the "Schedule A/Background Declaration" form (IMM5669) and the "Additional Family information" (IMM5406). In my case, I'm only sponsoring my mom. I have a brother, but he's 23 and is currently working, so he does not count as a dependent and my Dad passed away a few years ago. So in my case, the form needs to be filled out only by my mum, right? Just wanted to clarify, because for both forms, the checklist says, "The principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy of this form."

Thanks! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MrNobody said:
Folks,

Had a question about the "Schedule A/Background Declaration" form (IMM5669) and the "Additional Family information" (IMM5406). In my case, I'm only sponsoring my mom. I have a brother, but he's 23 and is currently working, so he does not count as a dependent and my Dad passed away a few years ago. So in my case, the form needs to be filled out only by my mum, right? Just wanted to clarify, because for both forms, the checklist says, "The principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy of this form."

Thanks! :)
Yes, only your mother fills out the forms.

When CIC says all the family members who are 18 years of age, they are referring to dependents of the principal applicant that are included in the application.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, only your mother fills out the forms.

When CIC says all the family members who are 18 years of age, they are referring to dependents of the principal applicant that are included in the application.
Thank you! :D

tameez1985

Nov 11, 2012
On Form IMM5768E Financial Evaluation, I am unable to fill in the box for question 9 "Total income available to sponsor". The Adobe reader is not allowing me to fill anything in and beeps everytime I try.

Anybody encountered this problem?

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
For the Fee Payment form IMM5770, if I'm sponsoring only one person with no dependents, is the total processing fee = 75+475+550 = $1100 or is it 75+475 = $550? I'm kinda confused because besides the sponsor and principal applicant, there is a row for "each family member aged 22 and older". Does this include family members besides the principal applicant only or should the principal applicant be included here as well?

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
tameez1985 said:
On Form IMM5768E Financial Evaluation, I am unable to fill in the box for question 9 "Total income available to sponsor". The Adobe reader is not allowing me to fill anything in and beeps everytime I try.

Anybody encountered this problem?
The financial evaluation form does have some bugs as some members on the previous pages mentioned. You can print out the form and fill it in by hand.

waitinggame

Aug 19, 2012
Hi all,

Do you have an idea if my friend can sponsor her parents when her income alone is not enough but when combined with her husband they will surely meet the LICO +30% requirement? The other thing is husband has the higher income compare to her.

Thanks!

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
waitinggame said:
Hi all,

Do you have an idea if my friend can sponsor her parents when her income alone is not enough but when combined with her husband they will surely meet the LICO +30% requirement? The other thing is husband has the higher income compare to her.

Thanks!
Yes, it does have co-signer option so thats good

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
disisme said:

I am in the same boat as you. I'm going to send in my application with 2013 pay stubs and a letter from my employer confirming my 2013 pay in lieu of the 2013 Option C printouts. For the other two years, i.e. 2011 and 2012, I will include my Option C printouts.

It is unfair for CIC to ask for Option C's for 2010, as that means they are effectively raising the bar of income requirement to 4 years instead of 3 years according to the new rules. :eek:

As soon as I get my Option C for 2013, I will send that in-before they get back to me saying me application is incomplete, which will likely take 42 months according to the current timelines. :D