+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

disisme

Jan 14, 2012
dear all,

Pls refer form IMM 1344 (08-2013) E part 1 question 6. If I am sponsoring my father and mother, what shd I select in this box

thanks for the help

saggi_amy

Feb 19, 2010
Hello,

My parents have been residing in the US from last two years as green card holders. Which visa office should I select? New Delhi or the US?

Also what should I put as their residential address? the one in Delhi? or the US? They are currently in India on a visit for 6 months and will be back in the US in April.

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone!!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Part 1, question #6 - Relationship to principal applicant - Parent (you can choose from the drop down box)

disisme said:
dear all,

Pls refer form IMM 1344 (08-2013) E part 1 question 6. If I am sponsoring my father and mother, what shd I select in this box

thanks for the help

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
saggi_amy said:
Hello,

My parents have been residing in the US from last two years as green card holders. Which visa office should I select? New Delhi or the US?

Also what should I put as their residential address? the one in Delhi? or the US? They are currently in India on a visit for 6 months and will be back in the US in April.

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone!!
You pick CPP-O since they are legal US residents

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
Was checking the PGP overview, here is what is says

Sponsors living in Quebec

The province of Quebec is responsible for determining whether sponsors living in the province have the financial ability to sponsor family members and the length of the undertaking.

Sponsors living in Quebec must submit:

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344), the
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008),
Schedule A- Background Declaration (IMM 5669),
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) and
Other required documents.

If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will send the sponsor a letter with instructions to download the MICC undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MICC with a copy of the letter from CPC-M.

For more information on Quebec's requirements, you may call MICC's general information line at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191 or consult their website.
=====================

So doesn't the "if federal eligibility met" means they need to meet the income requirements of 3 years?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
petersiddle28 said:
So doesn't the "if federal eligibility met" means they need to meet the income requirements of 3 years?
Could very well be true. Especially the "other documents" part.

In the checklist, Supporting Documents #5 asks for Option C or NOAs for last 3 taxation years.

So perhaps the 3-years/LICO+30% is a Federal rule that is enforced on top of even all Quebec apps? So without proving 3 yrs income at submission time, you will not even get to the QC financial proof stage. Really not sure on this...

Guide also states:
Minimum Necessary Income requirement for sponsors of parents or grandparents
If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must submit a Notice of Assessment or Option C print out issued to you by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application. The minimum necessary income requirement, which you must meet for each of the three years is equal to the Low Income Cut-off s (LICOs) plus 30% ,taking into account the number of family members for whom you are or will be financially responsible.

This seems like a general rule, as they don't specifically mention exceptions for Quebec like they do in the very next paragraph.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
Rob_TO said:

In the checklist, Supporting Documents #5 asks for Option C or NOAs for last 3 taxation years.

So perhaps the 3-years/LICO+30% is a Federal rule that is enforced on top of even all Quebec apps? So without proving 3 yrs income at submission time, you will not even get to the QC financial proof stage. Really not sure on this...

Guide also states:
If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must submit a Notice of Assessment or Option C print out issued to you by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application. The minimum necessary income requirement, which you must meet for each of the three years is equal to the Low Income Cut-off s (LICOs) plus 30% ,taking into account the number of family members for whom you are or will be financially responsible.

This seems like a general rule, as they don't specifically mention exceptions for Quebec like they do in the very next paragraph.
..and further down it says

If you reside anywhere in Canada, other than Quebec, you may use the Federal Income Table below to estimate if your income is sufficient to meet income requirements to sponsor. If you have eligible co-signer (spouse or common-law partner) on the sponsorship undertaking, their income will be added to yours as a sponsor.

If you reside in the province of Quebec, you will be not be required to submit an undertaking of assistance for the family members you are sponsoring at this time. You will be contacted by CIC when your sponsorship application is assessed. At that time, if you meet federal sponsorship requirements, you will be notified that you must submit an undertaking of assistance to the Ministère de l'immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC) of Quebec so that your income can be assessed.
============

Actually, as far as I know - Quebec is always higher LICO
If its only 1 year compared to others, I think this is a massive advantage and downright unfair to other provinces. I read somewhere about not being able to move to another province? in that time, dont think thats the rule too

mssga

Dec 31, 2013
Somebody asked the following question:

"dear all,

thanks for the help"

I think the answer should be "child" and not parent. They are asking for your relationship to the principal applicant (i.e. your parent). Therefore my relationship is that I am their child.

What do others think? (this is on the sponsorship form). would appreciate input as it is a little confusing.

emalee

Dec 31, 2013
hey folks,

So stressful trying to speed through these forms! Can anyone help me with the financial evaluation? I have Option C printouts for 2010-2012, so that's fine, but I'm not sure how to fill out the employment history.

I have worked at the same company for just about all of the last 3 years (I moved to a different company in November) but I'm not sure how I should be listing my income. If I had multiple salary changes or bonuses over the 3 year period (not at any kind of uniform date like annually), and also a change of family size (got married in 2011), how do I break it down?

It seems to me like the most accurate way to do it would be to report a date range for each of my salary change? That's the hardest though, since I have to find exact numbers and dates. If I could just lump my total earnings for 3 years (ex. the totals from my option Cs, say, $A, $B, $C) and put a total of $A+B+C gross income for the 3 year period, that seems like it would be much easier...

But then there is also the question of my family size. I got married in August 2011, so my family size changes from 1 to 2 at that point. Seems the only way to list that would be to split it out?

Thanks so much for any help!

done

Oct 28, 2013
Rob_TO said:

Guide also states:

dear rob

i've asked a lawyer as well and he confirm that qc has it own rules regarding immigration. they chose whoever they think can fit with qc, and at the end of the day once QC aproved the person that immigrant CIC have no choice but to aprove it, unless crimnal record or medical issue. so yes QC has the power that other provance don't have.
QC looking for people that dont have any english background, if you don't speek english you have beter chance to enter QC.

yes that the way it is in QC THEY HAVE THE POWER TO CHOSE.

as for me i found it hard for english speakrs to live here thats why my plan was to move to any other english provance ON or AB.

I do have knolage of french since I passed B1 exam I just don't like being forced to use it, and I'm more comfortable with ENG

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
emalee said:
hey folks,

So stressful trying to speed through these forms! Can anyone help me with the financial evaluation? I have Option C printouts for 2010-2012, so that's fine, but I'm not sure how to fill out the employment history.

I have worked at the same company for just about all of the last 3 years (I moved to a different company in November) but I'm not sure how I should be listing my income. If I had multiple salary changes or bonuses over the 3 year period (not at any kind of uniform date like annually), and also a change of family size (got married in 2011), how do I break it down?

It seems to me like the most accurate way to do it would be to report a date range for each of my salary change? That's the hardest though, since I have to find exact numbers and dates. If I could just lump my total earnings for 3 years (ex. the totals from my option Cs, say, $A, $B, $C) and put a total of $A+B+C gross income for the 3 year period, that seems like it would be much easier...

But then there is also the question of my family size. I got married in August 2011, so my family size changes from 1 to 2 at that point. Seems the only way to list that would be to split it out?

Thanks so much for any help!
Not all situations fill in a form, so you can state the obvious with a separate page explaining the increments etc. Its not an issue

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
done said:
dear rob

i've asked a lawyer as well and he confirm that qc has it own rules regarding immigration. they chose whoever they think can fit with qc, and at the end of the day once QC aproved the person that immigrant CIC have no choice but to aprove it, unless crimnal record or medical issue. so yes QC has the power that other provance don't have.
QC looking for people that dont have any english background, if you don't speek english you have beter chance to enter QC.

yes that the way it is in QC THEY HAVE THE POWER TO CHOSE.

as for me i found it hard for english speakrs to live here thats why my plan was to move to any other english provance ON or AB.

I do have knolage of french since I passed B1 exam I just don't like being forced to use it, and I'm more comfortable with ENG
I would still confirm with CIC, the more I read into this the more I feel QC as a different country

disisme

Jan 14, 2012
petersiddle28 said:
Its coz they are accepting 2010-2012, and sponsors should keep the income steady, you can forget abt waiting till Feb and showing 2013 income - it will be capped

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp

See the table in that link, they themselves show 2010-2012,
so regardless of you waiting, the acceptance is 2010-2012, if you dont meet 2010 - no can do
Hello All!!
I am meeting the income requirement for 2011, 2012 and 2013. Getting short by $4000/- off the 2010 LICO of $53,557.
  • Do you think its even worth to try?
  • What's my financial risk if my application gets return? Are they going to forfeit $1040? Any idea?

thanks a ton

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
disisme said:
Hello All!!
I am meeting the income requirement for 2011, 2012 and 2013. Getting short by $4000/- off the 2010 LICO of $53,557.
  • Do you think its even worth to try?
  • What's my financial risk if my application gets return? Are they going to forfeit $1040? Any idea?

thanks a ton
The figures stated are minimums, so if you don't meet them, I would think that you will have no chance. They will take at least some of the processing fee if they accept the application and then refuse it.