RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
Rob_TO said:
Here is the undertaking guide (updated Jan 2014) for Quebec. It looks like they did not separate the parents from other family sponsorship, so still only require 1 year of income and also do not require additional 30% on top of LICO.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/guide-sponsor.pdf

Seems very strange to me that it will be so much easier to sponsor parents from Quebec, and much more difficult and restrictive for every other province in Canada. Especially considering as soon as parent arrives they can move to any province they want.
No it is not that simple. You have to consider that the person has to live in Quebec, has a job that requires French language (or maybe with English) to get the required income. They also have to pay Quebec tax, which is higher, have to deal with Quebec politic chaos. It is not simple to bring the whole family with parents and move to another province. During the sponsorship, they cant even move out of Quebec even though they dont want to live in Quebec anymore. So that said, it's not all that simple.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
eurmione said:
No it is not that simple. You have to consider that the person has to live in Quebec, has a job that requires French language (or maybe with English) to get the required income. They also have to pay Quebec tax, which is higher, have to deal with Quebec politic chaos. It is not simple to bring the whole family with parents and move to another province. During the sponsorship, they cant even move out of Quebec even though they dont want to live in Quebec anymore. So that said, it's not all that simple.
What Rob_TO meant, I think, is that once the parents are here they can live in any other province and drain the system. I think Canada should stop contributing any federal taxes to Quebec except for those collected from those employed in Quebec. It it utterly ridiculous that different measures are allowed between the different provinces.

crystal_xhj

Apr 13, 2013
Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can help me with this question..

For Financial Evaluation form, Question 8 and 9 minimum income requirement and available funds for sponsor, there is only one blank cell. Which number should I put in there? Will that be the total of the three years or the closest year? (ie. 2012).

Also - Do i need to qualify the minimum income requirement for all three years individually? For 2010 I'm only about $100 short...

Thank you all!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished talking with CIC representative for the same question.... use only 2012.

There is a glitch on question 7, it states only 1. They suggested to print and hand write on the form.

crystal_xhj said:
Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can help me with this question..

For Financial Evaluation form, Question 8 and 9 minimum income requirement and available funds for sponsor, there is only one blank cell. Which number should I put in there? Will that be the total of the three years or the closest year? (ie. 2012).

Also - Do i need to qualify the minimum income requirement for all three years individually? YESFor 2010 I'm only about $100 short...

Thank you all!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Found this question on another thread...any answer would be helpful.

"Hi all,

I would l like to know the photo requirements for parent sponsorship from within Canada. I don't see any instructions on Guide or on the Checklist.
Do I need to send pictures of my parents with this application? If yes, how many and what size?

Thank you for your time."

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
eurmione said:
No it is not that simple. You have to consider that the person has to live in Quebec, has a job that requires French language (or maybe with English) to get the required income. They also have to pay Quebec tax, which is higher, have to deal with Quebec politic chaos.
Yes the provincial tax is a bit higher. But all these "difficulties" you mention, are hardly worth an additional 2 full years of contributing to Canada taxes, and at an additional 30% extra for the rest of the provinces.

During the sponsorship, they cant even move out of Quebec even though they dont want to live in Quebec anymore. So that said, it's not all that simple.
So during the the 10 years sponsorship commitment, neither the sponsor nor PRs can move outside of Quebec? If this is the case, then it seems a bit more fair.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spoke with two CIC representatives to confirm Original signatures. Now frustrated that CIC requires ORIGINAL signatures of the Sponsor, Applicant, Spouse and Dependent children. Email, Fax & photocopy of the signatures will not be accepted.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
scorpion_ca said:
Spoke with two CIC representatives to confirm Original signatures. Now frustrated that CIC requires ORIGINAL signatures of the Sponsor, Applicant, Spouse and Dependent children. Email, Fax & photocopy of the signatures will not be accepted.
I think many people will just be signing on their parents behalf (or in other words illegally forging their parents signatures).

Else what you should do is have your parents print off the blank forms immediately wherever they are living, sign them all, and mail them to you in Canada by the quickest means possible. Then you can fill in the pre-signed forms as needed (perhaps have them sign a couple in case any mistakes in filling them out). Any delay over a day or 2 in shipping them here, and you will most likely miss the 5,000 cutoff.

done

Oct 28, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes the provincial tax is a bit higher. But all these "difficulties" you mention, are hardly worth an additional 2 full years of contributing to Canada taxes, and at an additional 30% extra for the rest of the provinces.

So during the the 10 years sponsorship commitment, neither the sponsor nor PRs can move outside of Quebec? If this is the case, then it seems a bit more fair.
no that not the case! as soon as the parents receive PR status they can move anywhere in canada like any PR's. but why should they move? my sister in law is QC resident for the last six years but not planing to move from here at all.

as for me I had everything in hand to apply for qc skilled worker but chose to apply for CEC coz i wanted to move to ontario. I had to change my plan coz of medical coverage.

I don't know if they require CSQ though. but I think the sponsors need to have CSQ.

roins

Dec 31, 2013
Hi everyone, looking for some clarification regarding #4 of the general application: immigration office requested for processing this application.

Which visa office do I use for parents currently residing in the US? I understand the case processing centre is Missisauga, but there is some confusion around the visa office -- is it Los Angeles, Ottawa, or something else? Seems like it's Ottawa, but I'd like to be sure.

Thank you!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
United States of America = CPP-O (Applications for Permanent Resident Visas) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

roins said:
Hi everyone, looking for some clarification regarding #4 of the general application: immigration office requested for processing this application.

Which visa office do I use for parents currently residing in the US? I understand the case processing centre is Missisauga, but there is some confusion around the visa office -- is it Los Angeles, Ottawa, or something else? Seems like it's Ottawa, but I'd like to be sure.

Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
done said:
no that not the case! as soon as the parents receive PR status they can move anywhere in canada like any PR's. but why should they move?
There are countless reasons a new PR would leave the province they land in. The sponsor may simply get a job in a new province, and move. People move around Canada all the time.

If QC is allowing new parent PRs with only 1 year income proof, no +30% LICO, and only a 10 year undertaking for sponsor... which is much more lenient than any other province in Canada... then it only makes sense they should force the parents to maintain residency in Quebec for the 20 year federal commitment term for sponsor. This way QC provincial government would be responsible for things like healthcare costs.

If they want to move and have a new province now responsible for their healthcare and other costs, then they should have to qualify under the same rules as the rest of Canada.