+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship letter

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
Hi,

I am getting ready to file my wife's inland spousal application. I still can't believe I have to explain why marriage is genuine even after having our son together! Anyways that's a coversation for another day...

My wife has her visa application refused and then she has applied again and approved. This was before this new announcement for visa applications that are part of spousal sponsorhip.

There is a section in one of those application forms that I will be mentioning the refusal.

Do I have to explain why my wife's visa application was refused and how her second application was approved in the cover letter that I suppose to be writing?

Thanks

Last edited:

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi,

I am getting ready to file my wife's inland spousal application. I still can't believe I have to explain why marriage is genuine even after having our son together! Anyways that's a coversation for another day...

My wife has her visa application refused and then she has applied again and approved. This was before this new announcement for visa applications that are part of spousal sponsorhip.

There is a section in one of those application forms that I will be mentioning the refusal.

Do I have to explain why my wife's visa application was refused and how her second application was approved in the cover letter that I suppose to be writing?

Thanks
Hi did you apply for visit visa after announcement ?

What all documents did you submit in visit visa application ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You just disclose the refusal and the reasons listed for that refusal. Sure, you can include info that she was subsequently approved for one.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
You just disclose the refusal and the reasons listed for that refusal. Sure, you can include info that she was subsequently approved for one.
Thank you @armoured. Well, I will mention in the form. I cant recall the name of the form off to top of my head.

I am not sure if I need to brag about the refusal, the reason of it and approval in the letter though.

What's gonna help with if I write about it again in the letter as it is already mentioned in the form.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you @armoured. Well, I will mention in the form. I cant recall the name of the form off to top of my head.

I am not sure if I need to brag about the refusal, the reason of it and approval in the letter though.

What's gonna help with if I write about it again in the letter as it is already mentioned in the form.
Look, the critical thing is to disclose the refusal. Traditionally, you'd state the reasons in brief. If you don't have it, state them as best as you can recall and that you no longer have the original to confirm.

Don't know why you find this challenging, it's not bragging, and it's quite simple really.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
Look, the critical thing is to disclose the refusal. Traditionally, you'd state the reasons in brief. If you don't have it, state them as best as you can recall and that you no longer have the original to confirm.

Don't know why you find this challenging, it's not bragging, and it's quite simple really.
It would be a big mistake not to disclose the refusal as it may be considered as a misrepresentation.

Imm5669 background application form question 6 D where asks you. Then, if your answer to any of those questions is Yes, you need to provide details.

That's where I will to provide details but not in the actual spousal letter. Not sure if explaining the refusal reason again in the letter is necessary.

Reactions: Bornlucky

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It would be a big mistake not to disclose the refusal as it may be considered as a misrepresentation.

Imm5669 background application form question 6 D where asks you. Then, if your answer to any of those questions is Yes, you need to provide details.

That's where I will to provide details but not in the actual spousal letter. Not sure if explaining the refusal reason again in the letter is necessary.
If all you're asking is whether you need to repeat in the main letter what you've disclosed elsewhere - no.

It may be useful to include more info there or in separate short letter of explanation, you decide.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
If all you're asking is whether you need to repeat in the main letter what you've disclosed elsewhere - no.

It may be useful to include more info there or in separate short letter of explanation, you decide.
Right, That's what I was referring earlier. I dont believe there is a need to repeat it in the main letter as it would have been already explained in the background application form

It would be useful to include where? Did you mean in the main letter or background application form?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Right, That's what I was referring earlier. I dont believe there is a need to repeat it in the main letter as it would have been already explained in the background application form

It would be useful to include where? Did you mean in the main letter or background application form?
You can either include in main letter or a separate LOE if you wish.

You seem to find the main letter a big deal: you don't need to write a love story. Factual stuff, where you met, how much time together, how you kept in touch when apart, etc. It's your opportunity to explain any things you think need explaining.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
You can either include in main letter or a separate LOE if you wish.

You seem to find the main letter a big deal: you don't need to write a love story. Factual stuff, where you met, how much time together, how you kept in touch when apart, etc. It's your opportunity to explain any things you think need explaining.
You may find it very intimating to convince immigration that our marriage is genuine even we have dated several years before getting married and have a child together as any other couple regardless their immigration status.

I think I will mention the visa refusal and approval in the the application form and not talk about it in the letter becaue the letter is not for visa application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You may find it very intimating to convince immigration that our marriage is genuine even we have dated several years before getting married and have a child together as any other couple regardless their immigration status.

I think I will mention the visa refusal and approval in the the application form and not talk about it in the letter becaue the letter is not for visa application.
I was in a long term relationship with children, residing together. Our cover letter maybe had four short bullet points about the relationship (dates mostly). Don't overthink, this letter thing is mostly for those for whom the facts are thin.

Reactions: falcon500