+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship from inside canada

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
I just want to ask wat's my chances to do the spons. process from inside canada while me and my canadian wife live outside canada?

ex: can i go as a tourist or student visa or anything?
kindly advice.

Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean? To apply from inside and then go to stay with your wife abroad? It seems Canadian citizens can do that but even they must be live in Canada when spouse's case is beeing finished in the embassy of her country of residence. Landed immigrant must live in Canada all the time.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
do a search of the past posts this question has been asked and answered tons of times so im sure you will not have a problem finding it, also it is on the cic website.

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
You can try to get a visitor visa, but your chances to succeed are very slim. They don't approve visitor visas for spouses very easy. You just have to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and that you are going to go back at the end of your stay. I would suggest you request for a short period of time and say that you are just visiting. Don't mention the PR application if not asked and try to take with you a letter from your employer or property papers from your country to show them that you intend to go home after your visa expires.
Good luck!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
mnassar

You need to understand the difference between "have to" and "would like to."

The answers to your questions are:

1) It's unlikely that you can get a TRV now that you are married.
2) Your wife can't live outside Canada but sponsor you "from within."

If you lie about any of the facts of your situation, you will put yourself at risk of being denied entry.

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
The only advice I can give you is to try as hard as you can to convince the immigration officer that you don't intend to stay in Canada for to long and that you are just visiting for a short while. I've seen people succeeding, so it's definitely worth trying. If you don't get the visa, you don't have any other option than to wait for the PR visa in your country. Unfortunately CIC doesn't give us to many options.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best thing would be if you and your wife start reading about Family Class immigration on www.cic.gc.ca.

You will see that in case of OUTSIDE process the process consists of two part- first- approval of Canadian spouse as a sponsor, and only AFTER the approval of sponsorship - the second part - YOUR application to the Canadian EMBASSY in your country for Permanent resident visa.

As concerns the case of INSIDE- you are not inside and it is highly unlikely you can come to Canada to start the process INSIDE...

happy2bmm

Dec 21, 2007
Dear Mnassar

Answer to your question # 2 . This is what is written in the Guide:

Canadian citizens not residing in Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner,
conjugal partner and/or dependent children who have no dependent children of their own.
Canadians travelling abroad as tourists are not considered to be residing outside Canada.
Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively
outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time
their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become
permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one
or more of the following:
· letter from an employer;
· letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
· proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
· reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.

happy2bmm

Dec 21, 2007
Hello Mnassar

Your case is very complicated. You have a wife who is a Canadian Citizen but has not lived in Canada for the past several Years. In the guide it does not state that if your wife were to sponsor you from Egypt that it would take any longer than if she were in Canada and sponsored you. But my gut feeling tells me that it might take longer. As for your question on Study letter. The Guide states that this letter should be for your wife and not for you.
I hope I have answered your question.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
mnassar,

You're unlikely to get approval for a student visa since you have a Canadian wife.

I realize it seems like the rules are against you, but just go with it. Your wife can sponsor you from Egypt.