+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship for my wife and kids and I have ex-wif

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The occasion did not come until I mentioned it and he did not ask me about it.And I did not mention it because it is completely out of topic
Unfortunately, that would be irrelevant. You withheld relevant information to your application, which is potentially misrepresentation.

Reactions: YVR123

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
thank you very much
I need to know.Do the IRCC ask me the divorce under Canadian law Or IRCC will be satisfied with the divorce document issued by my country
When you got the divorce in your home country, where were you both loving and for how long? I think if one of you was residing in the home country for at least a year before divorce, then your divorce would be recognizable by IRCC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The occasion did not come until I mentioned it and he did not ask me about it.And I did not mention it because it is completely out of topic
It is not off topic if you had a wife & family. Totally relevant. As I said you may be banned from ever sponsoring your family because of misrepresentation.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you only got H&C 4 months ago you were married and had children from the marriage. The fact that you had a family in your home country is extremely relevant but even if it wasn't relevant you are required to state your current marital status, how many dependents you have, etc. If/when you sponsor your family IRCC will go back to any previous applications and see that you weren't married according to your H&C application.

Reactions: Naturgrl

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
If you only got H&C 4 months ago you were married and had children from the marriage. The fact that you had a family in your home country is extremely relevant but even if it wasn't relevant you are required to state your current marital status, how many dependents you have, etc. If/when you sponsor your family IRCC will go back to any previous applications and see that you weren't married according to your H&C application.
I always refer to my marital status that I am divorced, and I mentioned this in all my correspondence to the IRCC. I did not mention my current wife because she lives in my country and she is far from the topics of these events, or I was assumed that she is not concerned with immigration issues. It seems that I have to correct this mistake.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I always refer to my marital status that I am divorced, and I mentioned this in all my correspondence to the IRCC. I did not mention my current wife because she lives in my country and she is far from the topics of these events, or I was assumed that she is not concerned with immigration issues. It seems that I have to correct this mistake.
You would be defined as divorced and remarried versus divorced. Yes you will need to correct your misrepresentation. I would suggest consulting an immigration lawyer.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You are NOT divorced once you remarried. There is only 1 marrital status. You cannot be divorced and remarreid...
You are and were MARRIED when you apply for your H&C. You did commit misrepresentation.