+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship for my wife and kids and I have ex-wif

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
I will come back to Canada after IRCC gave me a visa under H&C, I have an ex-wife We got a divorce outside Canada in my home country NOT IN CANADA . When we were living together at that time. after that She (ex-wife) moved to Canada with my son & daughter. in 2015 I get married I have two children from her I intend to move to Canada and apply for sponsorship for my wife and kids
MY question
Please help me Did IRCC give me a visa to them without any problem from the ex-wife
please give me advice

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
If you are asking if you can sponsor your new family (new wife and children), I don't see how your ex-wife would give you any problems since you are not sponsoring her children if I understand correctly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will come back to Canada after IRCC gave me a visa under H&C, I have an ex-wife We got a divorce outside Canada in my home country NOT IN CANADA . When we were living together at that time. after that She (ex-wife) moved to Canada with my son & daughter. in 2015 I get married I have two children from her I intend to move to Canada and apply for sponsorship for my wife and kids
MY question
Please help me Did IRCC give me a visa to them without any problem from the ex-wife
please give me advice
When were you approved for PR under H&C?

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
If you are asking if you can sponsor your new family (new wife and children), I don't see how your ex-wife would give you any problems since you are not sponsoring her children if I understand correctly.
Thank you so much
I have a job I afraid lost if I move to Canada and apply for sponsorship IRCC refuses because I have an ex-wife who lives in Canada the divorce done already in our home country, not in Canada. I afraid IRCC ask me the divorce document under Canadian law
This is impossible because my ex-wife will definitely refuse
Please DO anyone has this experience?????

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much
I have a job I afraid lost if I move to Canada and apply for sponsorship IRCC refuses because I have an ex-wife who lives in Canada the divorce done already in our home country, not in Canada. I afraid IRCC ask me the divorce document under Canadian law
This is impossible because my ex-wife will definitely refuse
Please DO anyone has this experience?????
But you will lost your job anyways if you must sponsor your new wife & children for Canadian immigration. Since you must live in Canada to sponsor them.

You will have to provide IRCC with your divorce document. There are no way around. Alternatively, your new wife can see if she can apply for immigration on her own (without you sponsoring them).

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
But you will lost your job anyways if you must sponsor your new wife & children for Canadian immigration. Since you must live in Canada to sponsor them.

You will have to provide IRCC with your divorce document. There are no way around. Alternatively, your new wife can see if she can apply for immigration on her own (without you sponsoring them).
thank you very much
I need to know.Do the IRCC ask me the divorce under Canadian law Or IRCC will be satisfied with the divorce document issued by my country

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you very much
I need to know.Do the IRCC ask me the divorce under Canadian law Or IRCC will be satisfied with the divorce document issued by my country
We don't know. You would have to provide your supporting document and IRCC will process. They might invite the main applicant (i.e. your wife) for interview and review the document provided. They will let you know if they are satisfied with the documents provided.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will My Previous Divorce Affect My Sponsorship?
Proof of divorce in your home country is fine. You must be living in Canada and remain in Canada during the sponsorship. I assume you mentioned your new spouse and children in your H&C application.

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
Proof of divorce in your home country is fine. You must be living in Canada and remain in Canada during the sponsorship. I assume you mentioned your new spouse and children in your H&C application.
thank you
Yes, I have a divorce paper certified by all government departments in my country

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
Hello
I did not mention my new wife and children in all my correspondence with IRCC , but I mentioned the divorce to them in more than one correspondence and I showed the details of the divorce and the reasons and attaching the divorce document

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I did not mention my new wife and children in all my correspondence with IRCC , but I mentioned the divorce to them in more than one correspondence and I showed the details of the divorce and the reasons and attaching the divorce document
The fact that you did not mention your new wife and children in your H&C is likely to be an issue. You were misrepresented your situation when applying for H&C.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
So you misrepresented yourself in your hearings not mentioning your new wife & children. It is possible that you may never be able to sponsor your new family.

TARIG101

Mar 8, 2020
So you misrepresented yourself in your hearings not mentioning your new wife & children. It is possible that you may never be able to sponsor your new family.
The occasion did not come until I mentioned it and he did not ask me about it.And I did not mention it because it is completely out of topic