+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Eligibility with Native American fiancée.

narnao

Apr 12, 2024
My fiancée is a Native American and is explicitly given financial support due to this. She lives in a house that is owned by her family but was given to them by their nation. I read that people under social assistance aren't allowed to sponsor others. In the case of my fiancée, can she give up any social assistance (if what she recieves is considered that) in order to sponsor me? Will she have to be required to relocate since she lives with family who also recieve benefits and lives in a house that might be technically considered social assistance as well ?

I live in America and plan on staying here for the duration of any potential application processing, and saw that Outland Sponsorship would probably be what I do. I read that Outland Sponsorship require no MNI, so would this same "no social assistance" requirement apply here as well even if I don't live there? Would it be possible for me to work and save up and that be what we use to support ourselves since no MNI is required?

I apologize if my questions are frantic I'm trying to ensure that every question I have was asked to see if my unique situation would be okay for sponsorship.

Edit: I don't know if it's worth mentioning but she lives in Alberta.