+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Application-urgent suggestion needed

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Dear Experts on this forum,
As shared earlier, we became PRs in July 2016 and after a short landing went to Pakistan. Myself, my husband and our 2 kids are PRs. My youngest daughter was born in Pakistan in September .
We made almost 4 attempts of sponsoring our child to Canada.
1st: We applied our daughter's sponsorship in March 2017 from outside Canada which we had no idea about, therefore, it got refused.
2nd: We applied for a TRV, in August 2017 which too got refused as my baby did not have any travel history and her ties with Canada were weak.
3rd: My husband went to Canada and applied for sponsorship Application again in July 2018, CIC sent the file back to my representative with an explanation letter and asked for some documents, which never reached us.
4th: After waiting, my husband applied for a fresh sponsorship application in February 2019. This time without any representative, my husband has sent the application to CPC Sydney as suggested by CIC.
I and my 2 kids are running short of time to meet our RO in Canada. We are planning to apply for a TRV for our daughter so that she may accompany us to Canada.

Can I apply for her TRV right away and assure CIC that if her sponsorship application gets rejected she will return to Pakistan..Also, are there any fair chances for her to get a TRV considering our short fall of meeting RO?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

dependent child sponsorship and TRV are different......yes....you can apply for TRV for your child while the sponsorship is in-process but approval will depend on the visa officer......you may apply and explain your circumstances but only the visa officer could say for sure if the TRV will be approved.