Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
mtllover said:
inland application
If you originally submitted to vergaville there may be a delay in AOR as the applications were transferred to Mississauga.
I would still advise you to contact a lawyer about your refugee claim and find out if you should be withdrawing the refugee claim as you are now having a sponsorship application pending.

Also try to order notes, Im just not sure how to go about that without having a file #

mtllover

May 1, 2014
jomz said:
If you originally submitted to vergaville there may be a delay in AOR as the applications were transferred to Mississauga.
I would still advise you to contact a lawyer about your refugee claim and find out if you should be withdrawing the refugee claim as you are now having a sponsorship application pending.

Also try to order notes, Im just not sure how to go about that without having a file #
Thank you very much for the quick reply, My lawyer said that too before that due to the office transfer could delay my AOR but it never took so long in normal cases, she also said that my refugee case will not have any affect on my sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtllover said:
Thank you very much for the quick reply, My lawyer said that too before that due to the office transfer could delay my AOR but it never took so long in normal cases, she also said that my refugee case will not have any affect on my sponsorship
How can your lawyer say that your refugee claim will have no effect on your spousal sponsorship?!?!

Does she know that it's no secret that a failed refugee claimant sometimes gets married, just to stay in Canada?

At the very least, you should expect to have your spousal sponsorship application looked at with a bit more scrutiny....which translates into a bit more time.

Good luck!