Jan 24, 2018
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
AOR Received.
11-05-2018
Med's Request
16-05-2018
Hi guys,
I am new to forum here and looking for help with spousal sponsorship. I became permanent resident under PNP stream and I was married that time. I have shown my ex spouse in all application since I came to Canada.
I became PR in May 2016 and along with me she became PR too and than she came to Canada only once she became PR. unfortunately we divorced in January 2017.
now I got married again in October 2017 and wants to apply sponsorship for my spouse.
May I know that my previous spouse's PR is called under spousal category or under dependent category? I never applied for her separately as sponsor file. So does that called "sponsorship" or not?
some more, do I have to wait 3 years for my new spouse's sponsorship application or can I apply rightway?

Please help. Thank you so so much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can sponsor immediately. No - you do not have to wait three years. The 3 year rule only applies to those sponsored through spousal sponsorship (not economic immigration).

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am new to forum here and looking for help with spousal sponsorship. I became permanent resident under PNP stream and I was married that time. I have shown my ex spouse in all application since I came to Canada.
I became PR in May 2016 and along with me she became PR too and than she came to Canada only once she became PR. unfortunately we divorced in January 2017.
now I got married again in October 2017 and wants to apply sponsorship for my spouse.
May I know that my previous spouse's PR is called under spousal category or under dependent category? I never applied for her separately as sponsor file. So does that called "sponsorship" or not?
some more, do I have to wait 3 years for my new spouse's sponsorship application or can I apply rightway?

Please help. Thank you so so much.
No you won't have to wait for three years.

However, be ready to expect an interview as you re-married within a year of getting divorce. VO might question your relationship. Again, this won't happen for sure but there is a high chance.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

lucifer#

Jul 18, 2018
Hi Can Indian,7 I am in a similar situation here , Can you tell me how'd you manage to sponsor you new wife . I also came through PNP and am also trying to get divorced