+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring spouse under live-in caregiver

ladypinay

May 5, 2009
Hi Everyone,

We really need some advise and ideas about our situation.Me and my fiancee met last May of 2007,got engaged Dec of 2007 and decided to have our wedding this July '09.Our main problem is, if we can apply for Sponsorship (sponsoring spouse) while i'm on the live-in caregiver program? I have my workpermit dated Nov '07 to July 0f 2010 but i'm eligibly can apply my Permanent Resident on April of next year as stated on my working permit.
Can my fiancee sponsor me right away after the wedding or we have to wait untill i finished my 24 months as a live-in caregiver?

I have read a part in "applying for permanent residence from within canada"(spouse or common-law partner canada class) stated that....

If you hold a TRP

Although you may meet eligibility requirements for membership in the spouse and common-law partner class, you must be admissible to Canada to become a permanent resident. If you have been issued a temporary resident permit, you are inadmissible and cannot become a permanent resident unless you resolve your inadmissibility. Do not use this application until you have resolved the circumstances that caused you to be inadmissible.

Am i one of the inadmissable too? Because what i have is a working permit and a working visa on my passport.Pls help...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A TRP is not the same as a TRV. You hold a TRV, not a TRP so this does not apply to you.

ladypinay

May 5, 2009
Thanks Leon for letting me know about this, 'coz i was so confused about it.
So...does this mean that we can apply for the sponsorship?

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

although its a long time thread already, i just want to ask coz i have a same scenario as above, but for me i was released upon arrival here in canada. i arrive feb.8 and we are planning to get married on may. my question is, if theres any problem if since i was already release by my employer before my marriage?