+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse from Pakistan with Nikkah only

khalid.ch

Jul 29, 2018
I am a canadian born female, currently in futt time university studies. I have gotten my Nikkah done in Pakistan. The nikkah was done at my home in Pakistan, where my husband and his family and relatives came over. I have pictures but the nikkah was done pretty simple, I even have the video the nikkah being conducted by the Mulana.
10 days after the nikkah I returned to Canada as my University semester was to begin. So I didn not get my rukhsati, so I lived with my parents in their home.
My entire life, friends are here, I do not want to spend money in Pakistan and conduct the wedding function/party there as in our families it can cost us several thousands. I want to sponsor my husband and do the wedding reception here in Canada. I honestly DO NOT want to do the wedding reception in pakistan. I will do the mehndi and reception here in canada, which is literally just cultural stuff.
I spoke to a couple of people who said nikkah only is not approved anymore in canada, I will have to go back and do my rukhsati.
I need serious advice, has anyone gotten approval with nikkah only sponsoring? What can I do to make my case stronger?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am a canadian born female, currently in futt time university studies. I have gotten my Nikkah done in Pakistan. The nikkah was done at my home in Pakistan, where my husband and his family and relatives came over. I have pictures but the nikkah was done pretty simple, I even have the video the nikkah being conducted by the Mulana.
10 days after the nikkah I returned to Canada as my University semester was to begin. So I didn not get my rukhsati, so I lived with my parents in their home.
My entire life, friends are here, I do not want to spend money in Pakistan and conduct the wedding function/party there as in our families it can cost us several thousands. I want to sponsor my husband and do the wedding reception here in Canada. I honestly DO NOT want to do the wedding reception in pakistan. I will do the mehndi and reception here in canada, which is literally just cultural stuff.
I spoke to a couple of people who said nikkah only is not approved anymore in canada, I will have to go back and do my rukhsati.
I need serious advice, has anyone gotten approval with nikkah only sponsoring? What can I do to make my case stronger?
From reading other cases on the forum, I suspect that you are looking at the probability of a very difficult application based on the narrative above. Video will not be acceptable to IRCC by the way. My expectations are that you will be either refused or further evidence of the genuineness of the marriage will be requested. It's also a definite possibility that an interview will be required, leading to massive delays in processing the application.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nikkah only cases tend to be refused because IRCC looks for marriages to follow that "cultural stuff".