+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Sister Under Family Class Sponsorship

cvisa7223

Jun 19, 2018
Hello All,

I am a Permanent Resident of Quebec,Canada from last 7-8 months and working as a Software Engineer making around 60K per annum . I now want to sponsor my sister to Canada who herself is a Consultant Gynecologist(Doctor). I am ready to sign undertaking to support her until she gets a job. Now I have following questions
1. Can I sponsor her without sponsoring my parents as my parents are alive?
2. if not , what is the fastest way for her to come to Canada as an immigrant?
3. What if I sponsor my parents first? Can I sponsor her after that?
4. If I manage to secure a job offer (not particularly a doctor's job) for her would it make any difference?

Please help!!Looking forward for your cooperation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am a Permanent Resident of Quebec,Canada from last 7-8 months and working as a Software Engineer making around 60K per annum . I now want to sponsor my sister to Canada who herself is a Consultant Gynecologist(Doctor). I am ready to sign undertaking to support her until she gets a job. Now I have following questions
1. Can I sponsor her without sponsoring my parents as my parents are alive?
2. if not , what is the fastest way for her to come to Canada as an immigrant?
3. What if I sponsor my parents first? Can I sponsor her after that?
4. If I manage to secure a job offer (not particularly a doctor's job) for her would it make any difference?

Please help!!Looking forward for your cooperation.
You cannot sponsor her for PR. If she wishes to immigrate to Canada she will have to qualify on her own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

To answer your questions:
1. No - you cannot.
2. She needs to apply on her own through an economic immigration stream.
3. No - they cannot.
4. It could help her to immigrate through an economic immigration stream provided the employer obtains an approved LMIA and it's a NOC A, B or 0 job.

cvisa7223

Jun 19, 2018
You cannot sponsor her for PR. If she wishes to immigrate to Canada she will have to qualify on her own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

To answer your questions:
1. No - you cannot.
2. She needs to apply on her own through an economic immigration stream.
3. No - they cannot.
4. It could help her to immigrate through an economic immigration stream provided the employer obtains an approved LMIA and it's a NOC A, B or 0 job.
@scylla Thanks for your help but one more question. How can my PR status help my family(parents and siblings) to immigrate to Canada? There must be a way of family reunification? Can I sponsor her from other province like saskatchewan?

M

mikeymyke

If your parents are alive, you cannot sponsor your sister. Since she's got a pretty good job, why don't you ask her to apply through an economic stream?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla Thanks for your help but one more question. How can my PR status help my family(parents and siblings) to immigrate to Canada? There must be a way of family reunification? Can I sponsor her from other province like saskatchewan?
Again, you cannot sponsor your sister. The Saskatchewan program closed a long time ago.

Again, her only option is to qualify to immigrate on her own through an economic stream like express entry. She may get additional points for having a sibling in Canada. But she needs to qualify on her own based on her language abilities, education, work experience, etc.

From a family unification standpoint, you can sponsor your parents one you have work in Canada long enough and meet the income requirements - have have been selected through the lottery.

cvisa7223

Jun 19, 2018
Again, you cannot sponsor your sister. The Saskatchewan program closed a long time ago.

Again, her only option is to qualify to immigrate on her own through an economic stream like express entry. She may get additional points for having a sibling in Canada. But she needs to qualify on her own based on her language abilities, education, work experience, etc.

From a family unification standpoint, you can sponsor your parents one you have work in Canada long enough and meet the income requirements - have have been selected through the lottery.
@scylla Thanks a lot. I think she will go for Express Entry then