+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring PR to my new born

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sent it on 13th January via Courier and it got delivered on the 15th January.
Found this on OHIPs website for eligibility :
  • have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
    • you meet the eligibility requirements to apply
    • you have not yet been denied
normally it is AIP (approval in principle). Ontario want a pretty good assurance that someone is going to get PR before issuing OHIP and starting the 3 month wait period. You can get AIP usually 1-2 weeks before approval.

Reactions: YVR123

omijohn

Jul 22, 2019
hi,
1. what proof i can show in imm5534E,Part B: supporting documents required:- no.8:additional proof of relationship to sponsor:- while sponsoring dependent children born outside Canada? Father has neither been able to come to India to see them & hence, nor is there any photo of him with children.. children are with mother in India and are now five month old twins.
2. any idea if children born outside Canada can get child benefits?(both parents are PR). Or they can get child benefits only after they become PR themselves?
The passport should be having father's name on it. That should be sufficient.

omijohn

Jul 22, 2019
Yes they did. Received 15th January 2020
Were you able to link the application to online account?
I have received the AOR but not able to find the application while trying to link it, the online status does show it as In Progress.

Jjc2020

Jan 12, 2020
Were you able to link the application to online account?
I have received the AOR but not able to find the application while trying to link it, the online status does show it as In Progress.
Yes i was able to link it using the Application Number. Since i am sponsoring just my child,i entered number of applicants as 2 and that worked.
I got the approval as a sponsor letter today. I hope things speed up quickly. Do you know if infants also have to get medical done?

omijohn

Jul 22, 2019
Yes i was able to link it using the Application Number. Since i am sponsoring just my child,i entered number of applicants as 2 and that worked.
I got the approval as a sponsor letter today. I hope things speed up quickly. Do you know if infants also have to get medical done?
Yes, there will be a medical request for the infants. You should get it within a day or 2.

Jjc2020

Jan 12, 2020
Update: got an email today notifying me that my application has been forwarded to Mississauga for further processing. Any idea how long that takes to get any update? Thanks

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
I have not provided the form IMM 5604 and marked N/A in the checklist. I have attached the copies of my wife's PR and an explanation on why I am not providing IMM 5604. I have sent my application and waiting for acknowledgement.
Hi Omijohn, Was you application accepted without IMM5604 with letter of explanation and proof wife's PR status? I am also in the same situation as yours and need guidance. Thanks in advance.

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
yes, it was accepted.
That's great.

A few more questions:
1) What documents did you include in lieu of 5604. Only the copy of PR card +COPR + Explanation letter ?
2) do we have to pay biometrics fees for newborn baby?
3) do I have to fill in Use of Representative 5476 for sponsoring baby?

omijohn

Jul 22, 2019
That's great.

A few more questions:
1) What documents did you include in lieu of 5604. Only the copy of PR card +COPR + Explanation letter ?
2) do we have to pay biometrics fees for newborn baby?
3) do I have to fill in Use of Representative 5476 for sponsoring baby?
1. PR card and Explanation letter is sufficient.
2. No, I did not pay for biometrics.
3. No, Use of Representatives form is not needed if you are filing for your child [infant].

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
1. PR card and Explanation letter is sufficient.
2. No, I did not pay for biometrics.
3. No, Use of Representatives form is not needed if you are filing for your child [infant].
1. On the explanation letter, is it sufficient that I sign it or does it have to be signed by my wife?
2. Also, did you put NA against the form 5604?
3. Imm5669 Schedule A - do we need to fill this for the baby? Also, can I sign this on behalf of my baby?
4. Also I think IMM 5475 - Release personal information to a designated individual doesn't apply as I am not using a representative.

Could you please help.
Thanks in advance once again..

omijohn

Jul 22, 2019
1. On the explanation letter, is it sufficient that I sign it or does it have to be signed by my wife?
2. Also, did you put NA against the form 5604?
3. Imm5669 Schedule A - do we need to fill this for the baby? Also, can I sign this on behalf of my baby?
4. Also I think IMM 5475 - Release personal information to a designated individual doesn't apply as I am not using a representative.

Could you please help.
Thanks in advance once again..
1. Only you should sign.
2. Yes, do not leave any section blank as much possible.
3. You can sign on behalf of the baby.
4. You are right.