+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
jhutti said:
Thier is seperate thread on gmcs notes information . But please share what is in the notes
The only relevant info. in the notes which is as of April 2016 is this: Sponsor Eligibility: Pre-Assessment in Progress.
Does anyone had similar notes in their GCMS? I wonder how long it actually takes to pre-assess and what do they look at for sponsor's eligibility?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Have you guys tried linking parent app to MyCIC today? It worked for me. Under Review of eligibility, mine shows "In Progress". The file is sitting in Singapore, no medical request yet.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Have you guys tried linking parent app to MyCIC today? It worked for me. Under Review of eligibility, mine shows "In Progress". The file is sitting in Singapore, no medical request yet.
I tried it, but it doesn't return any result. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Under Applicant's personal information, for place of birth, is it for your parents or yourself?

For where the applicant intend to live in Canada? Is this what is entered in the application for your parents or where I currently live?

Thanks!

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
OP_POP said:
I tried it, but it doesn't return any result. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Under Applicant's personal information, for place of birth, is it for your parents or yourself?

For where the applicant intend to live in Canada? Is this what is entered in the application for your parents or where I currently live?

Thanks!
I tried it too. Nothing. Tried every possible combination already.
Our file was forwarded to Ottawa on May 20, but ECAS still showing "Application Received".

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
The only relevant info. in the notes which is as of April 2016 is this: Sponsor Eligibility: Pre-Assessment in Progress.
Does anyone had similar notes in their GCMS? I wonder how long it actually takes to pre-assess and what do they look at for sponsor's eligibility?
Did you ever take EI benefit etc. I guess if the name hit the database then , preassement take long time as CIC check with all provincial and federal agencies. This is my guess.

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
I have similar issue. CIC agent told me they are checking to see if I have taken social assistance from the Canadian govt. Its already 2.5 months since they have been checking. So you really cant do anything other than wait. I have tried all possible ways to understand but all we can do is wait.

I will update the moment I get any reply but my situation is very similar. My 2016 application for in-laws has moved to New Delhi but 2015 for mother is stuck with initial investigation Code - PC24

Salil

jhutti said:
Did you ever take EI benefit etc. I guess if the name hit the database then , preassement take long time as CIC check with all provincial and federal agencies. This is my guess.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
My mom e-cas : Permanent Resident Application Status - In Process
What is your started processing date may I ask? So I can compared with my mom timeline. She has In Process as well with Singapore.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
What is your started processing date may I ask? So I can compared with my mom timeline. She has In Process as well with Singapore.

App. Filed.......: 02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.: 06-May-2016
AOR Received.: 03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...: 14-Jun-2016
Med's Request: 11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....: 15-Jul-2016

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
App. Filed.......: 02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.: 06-May-2016
AOR Received.: 03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...: 14-Jun-2016
Med's Request: 11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....: 15-Jul-2016
I mean the date you see under In process
We started processing your permanent residence application on....

Thanks

afs25

Jan 30, 2015
vnexpress said:
I mean the date you see under In process
We started processing your permanent residence application on....

Thanks
My VO is Singapore as well, I saw my parents' status is "In Process", and the status said they started processing on 29 June. Still no news from Singapore other than the AOR though. What about you?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
afs25 said:
My VO is Singapore as well, I saw my parents' status is "In Process", and the status said they started processing on 29 June. Still no news from Singapore other than the AOR though. What about you?

Started processing July 19. No news. I notice that people get medical requests 2-4 weeks after file transfer to Singapore. I am not sure why some of us took longer without news.
Thats why I really want to understand the timeline between In process and medical requests with Singapore. I guess those who received medical request can shed some lights for us.

afs25

Jan 30, 2015
vnexpress said:
Started processing July 19. No news. I notice that people get medical requests 2-4 weeks after file transfer to Singapore. I am not sure why some of us took longer without news.
Thats why I really want to understand the timeline between In process and medical requests with Singapore. I guess those who received medical request can shed some lights for us.
Hmm now I'm worried that my parents' medical was lost in the mail... Where do you see people getting medical after 2-4 weeks?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
afs25 said:
Hmm now I'm worried that my parents' medical was lost in the mail... Where do you see people getting medical after 2-4 weeks?
Based on people's reports in 2014 and 2015 threads. Not all, but for those who received medical thats the kind of timeline.
You did not provide email contact? They usually send medical request through email.

afs25

Jan 30, 2015
vnexpress said:
Based on people's reports in 2014 and 2015 threads. Not all, but for those who received medical thats the kind of timeline.
You did not provide email contact? They usually send medical request through email.
I provided my email address, they sent AOR to my email too. I'm just wondering why my parents' application has been "In Process" for almost a month and still no updates...