+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
afs25 said:
I provided my email address, they sent AOR to my email too. I'm just wondering why my parents' application has been "In Process" for almost a month and still no updates...
This makes no sense when comparing to broham. S/he got the file transfer in June and already in the medical stage now and your file was transferred back in May.

Have you tried writing to Singapore to check if medical request was missed?

Thomas Richter
Counsellor | Conseiller
Deputy Program Manager | Chef adjoint du programme
High Commission of Canada - Singapore | Haut commissariat du Canada - Singapour
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Telephone | Téléphone +65 6854 5803
Facsimile | Télécopieur +65 6854 5932
Tom.Richter@international.gc.ca

Quote from: broham on July 24, 2016, 11:58:10 pm

App. Filed.......: 02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.: 06-May-2016
AOR Received.: 03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...: 14-Jun-2016
Med's Request: 11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....: 15-Jul-2016

afs25

Jan 30, 2015
mrwestjet said:
This makes no sense when comparing to broham. S/he got the file transfer in June and already in the medical stage now and your file was transferred back in May.

Have you tried writing to Singapore to check if medical request was missed?

Thomas Richter
Counsellor | Conseiller
Deputy Program Manager | Chef adjoint du programme
High Commission of Canada - Singapore | Haut commissariat du Canada - Singapour
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Telephone | Téléphone +65 6854 5803
Facsimile | Télécopieur +65 6854 5932
Tom.Richter@international.gc.ca

Quote from: broham on July 24, 2016, 11:58:10 pm

App. Filed.......: 02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.: 06-May-2016
AOR Received.: 03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...: 14-Jun-2016
Med's Request: 11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....: 15-Jul-2016
Which email address should I send my question to? Is it Singapore-im-enquiry_at_international.gc.ca?

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
afs25 said:
Which email address should I send my question to? Is it Singapore-im-enquiry_at_international.gc.ca?
I haven't tried emailing Singapore. I am in 2014 batch but when I inquired thats the email address MP assistant gave me. She told me to write directly to the immigration department at Thomas Richter Tom.Richter@international.gc.ca and not the generic email address.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
I mean the date you see under In process
We started processing your permanent residence application on....

Thanks
This is what it shows when I checked my mom's status online

We started processing your application on June 16, 2016.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
This is what it shows when I checked my mom's status online

We started processing your application on June 16, 2016.
Oh I can see there is one month gap between in process date and medical request date for your file but you had in process date as soon as the file is received in Singapore. I guess their works are not consistent because in my case my parent has the in process date one month after the file transfer date. And if they need one month to review then i probably wont get medical request for at least several weeks. It's hard to understand Singapore.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
Oh I can see there is one month gap between in process date and medical request date for your file but you had in process date as soon as the file is received in Singapore. I guess their works are not consistent because in my case my parent has the in process date one month after the file transfer date. And if they need one month to review then i probably wont get medical request for at least several weeks. It's hard to understand Singapore.
Yes, they processed my mom's file one day after her file was transferred. Medical, Police clearance request came on July 11. My mom already had medical done and doctor told us that he submitted on Friday July 22. My dad who is a non-accompanying dependent just had his medical done today. We are waiting for their police clearances to arrive and we will send everything hopefully by next week. Our deadline is August 11.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
Yes, they processed my mom's file one day after her file was transferred. Medical, Police clearance request came on July 11. My mom already had medical done and doctor told us that he submitted on Friday July 22. My dad who is a non-accompanying dependent just had his medical done today. We are waiting for their police clearances to arrive and we will send everything hopefully by next week. Our deadline is August 11.
Thanks a lot for sharing your timeline. In my parent case they did not touch the file for one month after the transfer date. I was under impression they would send medical request as soon as the file goes into "in process" but I guess it varies office to office. Some of my friends applying in 2014 or 2015 are not all getting medical call from Singapore. The key date is "in process" date that is when they actually begin to look at the files.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Has Rossie returned from Bangladesh yet? ::)
I just came last night.

I checked my mom's E-Cas this morning and it's saying that they started processing her PR application on 20-Jul-2016. We did not receive any request so far.

Apart from this, my mom made her 3rd entry with her Super Visa last night. Her visa is expiring in 6 months. So, I asked for maximum stay permit at Pearson yesterday. She was granted 2-year stay. I'm just happy about it for now. :)

raj20

Jun 2, 2016
Congratulations to all who got medical and pcc request ! Do we know once PCC and Medical are submitted how long it takes? Does any 2014/2015 case got Passport request already? Hope is live but waiting is killer :).

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Hi Rossie! Welcome back. My mom arrived here on a supervisa last Friday and on the passport, they didnt put any date of stay. Just the date of entry, what do you think we should do guys if she will stay here longer than 6 months which is the norm for TRV.

Her supervisa is also expiring on May 2017.

Thanks

Rossei said:
I just came last night.

I checked my mom's E-Cas this morning and it's saying that they started processing her PR application on 20-Jul-2016. We did not receive any request so far.

Apart from this, my mom made her 3rd entry with her Super Visa last night. Her visa is expiring in 6 months. So, I asked for maximum stay permit at Pearson yesterday. She was granted 2-year stay. I'm just happy about it for now. :)

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Hi Rossei,
Last time my parents enter in super visa at that time immigration officer stamp my parents passport for only 6 months and I argue with them to super visa allow for 2 years but they ask me to apply for extension but they will not allow 2 years second time as per immigration officer they only allow 2 years first time than it's only 6 months and I was not agree with her so hope they change their rules to allow parents for 2 years stay for their next trip. they are coming in Canada third time on supper visa.

Did you argue anything or they allow them 2 years without argument.

Thanks.

Rossei said:
I just came last night.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maulikpatel35 said:
Hi Rossei,
Last time my parents enter in super visa at that time immigration officer stamp my parents passport for only 6 months and I argue with them to super visa allow for 2 years but they ask me to apply for extension but they will not allow 2 years second time as per immigration officer they only allow 2 years first time than it's only 6 months and I was not agree with her so hope they change their rules to allow parents for 2 years stay for their next trip. they are coming in Canada third time on supper visa.

Did you argue anything or they allow them 2 years without argument.

Thanks.
Let me explain what happened to us yesterday.

There were 2 separate line-ups for residents and visitors to Canada at Pearson. I chose to go to the visitor section. Although my brain was almost shutting down from 5 hour flight + 9 hour transit + 15 hour flight with a 16-month infant, I was looking for a friendly face at the passport control. Anyway, we were called by an elderly man with long beard (biker's type). I explained my mom's situation to him. He said he cannot allow anyone to have more than 6-month stay permit but the people at immigration can. Judging by his comments, I guess they were only CBSA officers. After he stamped our Canadian passports, he told us to go to immigration section which I hoped that it exists but didn't know where. Anyway, there was a big room with multiple booths right after one crosses passport control before going downstairs for baggage claims.

So, we lined up again in that room. Soon we were called by a female officer. She checked all our passports. She asked for my mom's medical insurance. I bought it before I left Canada. I was also carrying proof of my income. She asked me how long my mom stayed on her last visit to Canada (which was less than 2 years). After she was satisfied, she stamped her 2-year stay permit. She also explained that as long she has a valid visa and can present medical insurance paper, she will be allowed to stay for 2 years. But when her visa expires, she has to get one before she comes here again. BTW, my mom got a new passport from Bangladesh as her old one was expiring in Feb, 2017 (SV was expiring in Jan, 2017).

I was a bit worried that they might want her recent medical test results (which I wanted to do while we were in Bangladesh and couldn't for various reasons). Also, there was the fear of them telling me to apply for visa extension. Fortunately, I didn't have to argue with anyone.

I hope you explain these well to your parents when they come again. Make sure they have valid medical insurance for at least 1 year from the day they enter.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Read my post above.

CPA2CANADA said:
Hi Rossie! Welcome back. My mom arrived here on a supervisa last Friday and on the passport, they didnt put any date of stay. Just the date of entry, what do you think we should do guys if she will stay here longer than 6 months which is the norm for TRV.

Her supervisa is also expiring on May 2017.

Thanks
Normally, when they don't put any date, it means 6-months by default. For SV, you need to ask for it. Now, you should visit any nearby CIC office and ask for 2-year permit (has been done before in this forum).

If it doesn't work for you, you may have to apply for an extension.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meeting the deadline

I am sponsoring my in laws....They/we received request for medicals and police clearance and payment of RPR fees on July 8 and must respond within 60 days.
My in laws were in Canada/USA when receiving this request and have to return to their home country before they can start the process which is only going to be on August 15!
So my question....if they don't meet the deadline of 60 days, what happens to their application? Does CIC suddenly put it at the bottom of the pile and pull a different application?
It says in the email...We should receive the above mentioned documents and medical results within 60 days. Failure to meet this deadline may result in the refusal of your application.

Does that mean they will refuse them PR?
My FIL sent an email to advise them that they are currently traveling and wont be able to respond immediately but not sure who even reads that? It went via the main webmaster email not to an actual person.

Does anyone know how long medicals take to process? Assuming no problems, if they have an appointment on August 15, will the medical be ready to send in by August 30?
Anyone here recently been for their medical?
Also, Police Clearance Certificates, what is the turn around? I heard approximately 3 weeks.

Appreciate any info.
Thanks