+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
ak_indi said:
Mate, did you got it from RCMP or its affiliate or just a regional police (Peel police) in your case ?
As per my knowledge only Regional police give it in an hour...not RCMP with fingerprints
Its Regional Police.. after reading a few messages I am wondering if the PCC from Canada takes a few weeks and not an hour??

By the way, is PCC same as Criminal Background Check listed on http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=085c83cf89870410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD&vgnextchannel=90168fb738780410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:
Its Regional Police.. after reading a few messages I am wondering if the PCC from Canada takes a few weeks and not an hour??

By the way, is PCC same as Criminal Background Check listed on http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=085c83cf89870410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD&vgnextchannel=90168fb738780410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD
I think u should be fine. I find easy route. Fly them back before 6 months. Problem solved. Only indian pcc is required. Offcourse other education docs. Old passport voter id card. Etc was all back home.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic2015 said:
Got email from CIC last night for Medical and Police Clearance.
- 30 days for Medical
- 45 days for Police clearance

Timeline:
Application received by CPC-M: Jan 2, 2015
Credit Card Charged: Jan 19, 2015
1st AOR Date: Mar 21, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: May 13, 2016
Medical & Police Clearance request by email: July 18, 2016
Congrats!! Which visa office? Ottawa?

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vividind said:
Good Morning!!!!!

My in-laws also got Medical and PCC request yesterday night.

They are currently in CANADA and have a question for you guys.

They both are diabetic and take medication. In the medical request document, they mentioned to get records for all pre-existing ailments. My in-laws did not carry any of their records and there is no access for us to get it from India at this point.

if you have a similar situation or experience , please let me know what you did?

TIA

For PCC, i think we can apply here @ BLS center right??

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:

for Canadian PCC...the Police Verification Must be from RCMP...NOT Regional Police...(the mistake I was going to make but I found this in CIC website)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
(EXPAND "if you live in Canada" section)

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-obtain-certified-criminal-record-or-vulnerable-sector-vs-check

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
john.mccallum.c1@parl.gc.ca, justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca, jenny.kwan@parl.gc.ca, david.tilson@parl.gc.ca, michelle.rempel@parl.gc.ca, CIMM@parl.gc.ca

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Sabbir M wrote:

Dear Honorable John McCallum
and Clerk of CIMM (for distribution to all committee members on the next meeting):

Mr. McCallum

To be honest I have a very slim hope that you will read my email, nor even receiving a response. But I am still writing to you anyway. You are either too busy with your parliamentary and ministerial roles, or letters from concerned citizens can never pass through the filter readers at your constituency offices.

You are too busy touring around the country for national consultation on immigration that you don’t even have time to listen to what and where the real concerns are. You have hold the Minister title for 7 months now and under your watch, here is one of the painful truths! People lie. Numbers don't.

This same status that states “IRCC is processing parental sponsorship applications received on or before November 4, 2011” has been on the official website for more than 2 years, long before the federal election, and long after the federal election, till today. Is anyone working as IRCC management, and the CIMM committees aware of this? The number implies that IRCC is still delaying parental sponsorship for at least 5 years, despite the election promises that family reunification is now your number one priority. Nothing has changed. Absolutely no improvements. Liberals are all about empty promises, aren’t you? Putting that date for years on the website doesn’t make anyone at Minister’s Office feel ashamed because it is a good shield for their inefficiency, so people cannot contact IRCC to follow up on cases status.

Since 2014, the parental sponsorship category has already been capped for annual intake quotas, 5,000-10,000 PER YEAR. Sadly, Government of Canada continues to look at senior immigrants as social burdens, neglecting the fact that if the parents get to come earlier in their productive years they could have worked longer, and contributed into the national tax revenues. FYI, the processing time for parents sponsorship of American citizens is 12 months end-to-end, as opposed to minimum 5 year wait in Canada. Let alone the very obvious situation of nationality preferences in our Canadian system, where some specific races or nationalities are receiving the expedited processing time compared to other parts of the world. Canadian version of parental sponsorship is miserably failed in most aspects: humanity, efficiency, administration, etc. We have an immigration system where government officials can say anything they want on the website, false stats, false dates, misleading promises, without being held accountable by the Parliament. Those working at Minister’s Office, namely Chief of Staff, or Directors of Operations, those who get big paychecks funded by taxpayers are clueless about the process, clueless about immigration policies, and only there to deal with media inquiries for the interests of the department, absolutely helpless toward fixing the broken systems and all the people affected.

Do you even acknowledge and understand what I am talking about, Honorable John McCallum? I am saying all the shining reports that you get from your staff, the concept of “copying what we have done for Syrian refugees” so all family classes can be processed much faster, are all hoax, untrue, unreal and foolish.

You have been misled yourself, sir.

Regards,
(One Canadian citizen that does not even dare to disclose the real full name)

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
mrwestjet said:
john.mccallum.c1@parl.gc.ca, justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca, jenny.kwan@parl.gc.ca, david.tilson@parl.gc.ca, michelle.rempel@parl.gc.ca, CIMM@parl.gc.ca

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Sabbir M wrote:

Dear Honorable John McCallum
and Clerk of CIMM (for distribution to all committee members on the next meeting):

Mr. McCallum

To be honest I have a very slim hope that you will read my email, nor even receiving a response....
I very much resonate with this. Since date of Nov 2011 is on their website, despite calling various times to CIC, they are not willing to take a peek at our pending cases. But we can at-least strive to make a change. Let's sign a petition for urgent solution by signing in hundreds/thousands.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Since no correspondence in my case from CIC and they don't give me any info on phone, I requested GCMS notes which have arrived. Does anyone know if there is a guide somewhere to make sense of these notes specifically in parents sponsorship case??

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
I very much resonate with this. Since date of Nov 2011 is on their website, despite calling various times to CIC, they are not willing to take a peek at our pending cases. But we can at-least strive to make a change. Let's sign a petition for urgent solution by signing in hundreds/thousands.
I agree...I feel & I can not agree more on this.
However, do you know how many petitions with hundreds and thousands of signatures are lying with politicians.

I understand the idea that even dropping a small stone in pond would create some waves at-least.
But, my friend, this pond where politicians live, dried up long ago. Its now merely an empty withered land full of pebbles of petitions.
:-X :-X
All we have to do is to ask for credentials, of their past achievements, when electing/hiring them.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Since no correspondence in my case from CIC and they don't give me any info on phone, I requested GCMS notes which have arrived. Does anyone know if there is a guide somewhere to make sense of these notes specifically in parents sponsorship case??
Thier is seperate thread on gmcs notes information . But please share what is in the notes

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
nina.roy said:
So if the applicant is in Canada and the due dates for PCC and medicals are different do we send them separately?
Or are the medicals uploaded on IRCC link (as the Panel physicians send the electronic records)

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Hi Ibaadat,
refer below link to obtain the list of codes used..

https://caipsnotes.com/Codes.shtml