+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
lenium said:
I just called the CIC phone line, to check on my SA letter. I noticed the phone line says that they are currently working on applications received on or before December 29 2014. And the approximate processing time is 26 months!

Interesting!
That automated stat is for Inland spousal sponsorship, not PGP. If you get busy tone you just have to dial back over and over again until you reach a live operator. After the language option I usually hit 1 continuously and eventually I will get connected to a live agent.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
lenium said:
I just called the CIC phone line, to check on my SA letter. I noticed the phone line says that they are currently working on applications received on or before December 29 2014. And the approximate processing time is 26 months!

Interesting!
Did you get hold of anyone and did they provide you anything? I been told, since they are working on 2011 cases, there is no way they will look into the files and it's client responsibility to update/check address/email or estat, Definitely they will help if the processing time have been passed. which is 26 months now i believe.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
shampy2009 said:
I am waiting too... No news!.. no news is a good News... hang in there .
I just got home and checking my regular post, and what I see was 2 letters, one for my wife and one for me reagrding SA approval that was dispatched on June 13th. Guys fingers crossed, who are still waiting for it.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
shampy2009 said:
I just got home and checking my regular post, and what I see was 2 letters, one for my wife and one for me reagrding SA approval that was dispatched on June 13th. Guys fingers crossed, who are still waiting for it.
Good to hear! Is the date on letters or envelop June 13th?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
For files being transferred to Singapore can you guys please confirm the postal address shown on your SA letters? Thanks
SA letter (attachment with email) did not have SVO address as the letter was sent by CPC-M.
But the following letter that SVO sent to my mom only saying that they received her PR Application did have this sender's address:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

What do you plan to do with it though?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
SA letter (attachment with email) did not have SVO address as the letter was sent by CPC-M.
But the following letter that SVO sent to my mom only saying that they received her PR Application did have this sender's address:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

What do you plan to do with it though?
I am submitting upfront RPRF payment to this office. It wont make any difference in terms of timing I don't think but I just want everything to be well gathered at one place. Will keep track of SVO requesting medical exams and will do upfront medical and PCC as well.

This summer they will prioritize Family Class that could include Parents sponsorship as well. Canada probably won't meet the quota for economic immigrants for 2016 mainly due to economic downturn so there could be a possibility that the remaining quota will be used to get rid of FC backlogs worldwide.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Question I have is for you guys..

Is it RPF fees is different than what we already have paid initially with the application?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
shampy2009 said:
Question I have is for you guys..

Is it RPF fees is different than what we already have paid initially with the application?
Initially we paid $75 for sponsorship assessment $475 for PR assessment (totaling $550 that accompanied the application package). At a later stage CIC will ask for $490 RPRF before immigrant visa can be issued. You can pay upfront voluntarily or can wait for them to request it.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Thanks Guys...

My wife have got her SA yesterday, and her file has been transferred to Delhi, and this morning she has got an email saying( Standard format for everyone?) All the forms/with the package, + Some Originals+PCC. RPF and a Medical ( that will requested in second email, which she didn't get yet, maybe will get soon?)

& My case has been transferred to Ottawa, and no further news

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
shampy2009 said:
Thanks Guys...

My wife have got her SA yesterday, and her file has been transferred to Delhi, and this morning she has got an email saying( Standard format for everyone?) All the forms/with the package, + Some Originals+PCC. RPF and a Medical ( that will requested in second email, which she didn't get yet, maybe will get soon?)

& My case has been transferred to Ottawa, and no further news
Do your files have any dependent children to accompany parents? It is still unclear at the moment to judge Ottawa or oversea visa offices will perform better. When we look at the allocated visa quota for parents (10k for 2016) and compare to the very high efficiency from the visa processing offices these days for PGP, something really don't match up that is not for the public to understand at the moment. Let's hope they do have some secret ingredients to allow our parents to arrive asap.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
vnexpress said:
Do your files have any dependent children to accompany parents? It is still unclear at the moment to judge Ottawa or oversea visa offices will perform better. When we look at the allocated visa quota for parents (10k for 2016) and compare to the very high efficiency from the visa processing offices these days for PGP, something really don't match up that is not for the public to understand at the moment. Let's hope they do have some secret ingredients to allow our parents to arrive asap.
Yes My Wife's Parents have a dependent and in my parents case no dependent.