11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Thanks Soonihope!
ur response has eased down my anxiety. If they can accept the passport in ottawa, then we dont have any reason to worry. Visa office is just a way to manage their work load.

soonihope said:
When they send you the passport request letter in it they mention that if you are in Canada and plan to be here for another 3 months then passport can be submitted to Ottawa

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
I received the SA last friday (june 3rd). Be patient! You'll also receive yours soon :)

vnexpress said:
Hi there,

Did you receive the SA today?
And your application was received on Jan 5 at 1PM?

My application was received on Jan 5 at 11AM and no news yet :(

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
callingcard said:
Hello Friends,

Parent Sponsorship applied March 2011
Currently asking for medical in June 2016
How long to wait for passport call after medical done. (parents are in Canada on visitor visa and medical will be done here)
Can I submit passport from Canada or need to go back to India?

Thank you
What is your visa office

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Anyone whose applications were accepted on Jan 2 or Jan 5 still waiting for SA? I am feeling anxious :(
I think they have different teams or agents to process through 2015 files randomly. ???

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Anyone whose applications were accepted on Jan 2 or Jan 5 still waiting for SA? I am feeling anxious :(
I think they have different teams or agents to process through 2015 files randomly. ???
Yes lots of people are still waiting. I think only 1/4 to 1/3 of people have received SA so far

cali780

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Hopefully not
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
File Transfer...
18-02-2016
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
Dec 02 2015
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
Hello

Cic New delhi has asked for some additional documents from one of my friends

He applied in Jan 2015 for PGP.
File transferred to NDVO April 2016.

Among one of the documents is the receipt for payment. There was no official receipt of payment sent by CIC. Just the credit card statement showing money deducted.

Is it possible to get some sort of formal receipt for this transaction from CIC?? Would credit card statement suffice? Please advice. Thank you for your time guys.

Jennyyyyyy

Feb 6, 2015
Hello

I just got a medical request for my parents sponsorship but dad doesn't want to live in Canada anymore. In this case, does my dad must finish medical and need to stay in Canada at least two years as well to keep my mom's PR?

cali780

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Hopefully not
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
File Transfer...
18-02-2016
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
Dec 02 2015
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
Jennyyyyyy said:
Hello

I just got a medical request for my parents sponsorship but dad doesn't want to live in Canada anymore. In this case, does my dad must finish medical and need to stay in Canada at least two years as well to keep my mom's PR?
I would assume so specially if Principal applicant is your dad? He must complete medical and get PR and land once in canada.

Afterwards your mom can stay and get citizenship. Dad can choose to just renew his pr status. Maybe someone experienced can elaborate on this.

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
vnexpress said:
My application was submitted shortly after 8am Jan 2nd but haven't got SA yet. So we are in the same boat. Hopefully we can both get SA soon.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
lukechen said:
My application was submitted shortly after 8am Jan 2nd but haven't got SA yet. So we are in the same boat. Hopefully we can both get SA soon.
Yeah. Can only hope they can make sense of their own process. I heard that few 2016 files are getting SA already. It's hard to believe they do pick on some files as "preferred" and some "less desirable" based on race or sponsor incomes maybe?

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Rossei said:
I got the SA in email today as well. My mom's PR file has been transferred to Singapore. I wanted it to stay in Ottawa as she is living with me in Canada on SV. Currently, she is visiting our home country - Bangladesh. If Singapore asks for Medical and PCC (Canada & Bangladesh) soon, I don't know how we will manage her PCC (Canada) from Bangladesh. Any idea?

FYI, I will be joining my family & mom early next month and we will be travelling back to Canada on 25-July-2016.
Hi Rossei.. Congratulations. I am on the same boat as you. I received the SA email on Friday June 3. My mom's file was transferred to Singapore as her mailing address is in Thailand. However, she is living with me in Canada on a visitor visa. In terms of medical, she can get it done here and we can send it to Singapore. For PCC, I checked with the Thai Consulate office in Vancouver, you can definitely request for the PCC from Canada. Just have to supply them with a bunch items - passport, ID, photo, finger prints etc.
Please check with your embassy, there might be a way to get this done from Canada.

BTW, I was trying to update the spreadsheet but it was protected.

My time line:
- Request for Marriage Certificate May 6
- Marriage Certificate arrived May 11
- Received SA via email June 3

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Yeah. Can only hope they can make sense of their own process. I heard that few 2016 files are getting SA already. It's hard to believe they do pick on some files as "preferred" and some "less desirable" based on race or sponsor incomes maybe?
It has nothing to do with race. Be patient, all files are being processed, only 1/3 of 2015 files has got SA.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Any thought how they will send the medical request through email or regular mailing address of prinicipal applicant? why i am wondering is as i have provided email address but received the SA through Mail