Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vitlen said:
Hi Rossey, I'm glad to hear your news.
A question though: is there any rule they follow when they decide whether the processing will be transferred to the LVO or Ottawa? My mom is also in Canada, thus I wonder what does it mean for us in case they will transfer it out of Canada.
Well, the SA email says that my mom's file has been transferred to LVO (Singapore) based on her home address.

Now, in the original application, I stated her residential address to be Bangladesh although her current country of residence was Canada. And her mailing address was Canada.
In her E-Cas, it showed her Bangladeshi address as her home address.

I hesitated to change it to Canada for some time. Eventually I did 2 weeks back. But the file was transferred before that. BTW, her E-Cas still shows Bangladeshi address as her home address.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I got the SA in email today as well. My mom's PR file has been transferred to Singapore. I wanted it to stay in Ottawa as she is living with me in Canada on SV. Currently, she is visiting our home country - Bangladesh. If Singapore asks for Medical and PCC (Canada & Bangladesh) soon, I don't know how we will manage her PCC (Canada) from Bangladesh. Any idea?

FYI, I will be joining my family & mom early next month and we will be travelling back to Canada on 25-July-2016.
Congratulations Rossei and everyone who got SA.
By God's grace, I also got SA in email for my Mom's application. File has been transferred to New Delhi. A quick question for experts like Rossei and all please.
1. My mom is in Canada on Visitor visa extension for the past 1 year. We got her medical report a couple of months back. Can and/or should & how to send the copy of same medical to New Delhi Visa office for PR application purposes. I know its valid for 12 mths. Please advise.
2. Since she has been in Canada for past 12 months, should we arrange for her PCC from Canada before she moves back to home country.

Thanks in advance and wishes

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
I got the SA in email today as well. My mom's PR file has been transferred to Singapore. I wanted it to stay in Ottawa as she is living with me in Canada on SV. Currently, she is visiting our home country - Bangladesh. If Singapore asks for Medical and PCC (Canada & Bangladesh) soon, I don't know how we will manage her PCC (Canada) from Bangladesh. Any idea?

FYI, I will be joining my family & mom early next month and we will be travelling back to Canada on 25-July-2016.
Congrats Rossie. I am in your batch. Crossing fingers ;)

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Rossei said:
Well, the SA email says that my mom's file has been transferred to LVO (Singapore) based on her home address.

Now, in the original application, I stated her residential address to be Bangladesh although her current country of residence was Canada. And her mailing address was Canada.
In her E-Cas, it showed her Bangladeshi address as her home address.

I hesitated to change it to Canada for some time. Eventually I did 2 weeks back. But the file was transferred before that. BTW, her E-Cas still shows Bangladeshi address as her home address.
Thanks, but what does it practically means that she needs to go to her home country and continue the application there? Or if someone's mom is still here, it is still possible to continue from here.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi Guys

I just wanted to update the admin with my mother's file progress. Please update the spreadsheet. The record already exists in there, just update the missing dates.

Application Received : Jan 2, 2015
AOR Received : March 21, 2015
Notification to send Option C of the NOA : April 26, 2016 : we submitted it the same day.
File Transferred to New Delhi : June 3, 2016

Now I am a bit apprehensive about why they did not keep the file in Ottawa as she does not live in India. She has been with me on super visa for a long time and would they be asking about the education certificates & PCC and how soon should we expect that notification from us? Is there a way to get the passport stamped here itself?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
timhortons said:
Now I am a bit apprehensive about why they did not keep the file in Ottawa as she does not live in India. She has been with me on super visa for a long time and would they be asking about the education certificates & PCC and how soon should we expect that notification from us? Is there a way to get the passport stamped here itself?
They distribute cases to LVO's based on the workload. They have been sending a lot of files to Ottawa so maybe that is why they have sent your case to Delhi.

If at the time of visa stamping your mother is in Canada for at least another 3 months then you will most likely be provided the option of sending your passport to Ottawa for visa issue.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
They distribute cases to LVO's based on the workload. They have been sending a lot of files to Ottawa so maybe that is why they have sent your case to Delhi.

If at the time of visa stamping your mother is in Canada for at least another 3 months then you will most likely be provided the option of sending your passport to Ottawa for visa issue.
That, apparently, does not seem to be the case. My mom is in Canada for the past 12 months and also i have her address updated to Canadian. Still, her file has been transferred to New Delhi. So, there is no set pattern they seem to follow.
Also, i have seen in other cases that in the past 2 years, the files are being distributed based on batches. For example in 2014 Federal skilled worker cases, the files were distributed in 2015 to the countries based on the workload with no direct link with the applicants. Hope this is not going to be the case for Family sponsorship applicants.
On a seperate note, does anyone have any clue or input on what are the timelines after SA for medical and PCC requests ?

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
I also received the email from CIC. My mom&dad's file has been transferred to CPC-Ottawa although they live currently in Viet Nam.

Now, I also one question, my parent mailing adress has been changed because they moved to their new home. Is there anyway that I can update their new adress? Do I need to update this information even I aldready indicated my email adress as corresponding adress. If Canada asks for Medical exam, where should we receive the request? by my email or by my parent mailing adress?

Thanks.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adrielle said:
I also received the email from CIC. My mom&dad's file has been transferred to CPC-Ottawa although they live currently in Viet Nam.

Now, I also one question, my parent mailing adress has been changed because they moved to their new home. Is there anyway that I can update their new adress? Do I need to update this information even I aldready indicated my email adress as corresponding adress. If Canada asks for Medical exam, where should we receive the request? by my email or by my parent mailing adress?

Thanks.
Good to hear about SA
You can update address online.
Regarding medical, keep an eye on the email address you provided...
Wishes

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Thanks mate for the quick response. Will they be asking me about the visa office to get the visa stamped? How do they calculate the 3 months period?

soonihope said:

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
I think I can update only my mailing adress in Canada and not their mailing adress in Vietnam.

ak_indi said:
Good to hear about SA
You can update address online.
Regarding medical, keep an eye on the email address you provided...
Wishes

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Adrielle said:

Thanks.
Hi there,

Did you receive the SA today?
And your application was received on Jan 5 at 1PM?

My application was received on Jan 5 at 11AM and no news yet :(

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
timhortons said:
Thanks mate for the quick response. Will they be asking me about the visa office to get the visa stamped? How do they calculate the 3 months period?
When they send you the passport request letter in it they mention that if you are in Canada and plan to be here for another 3 months then passport can be submitted to Ottawa

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
ak_indi said:
That, apparently, does not seem to be the case. My mom is in Canada for the past 12 months and also i have her address updated to Canadian. Still, her file has been transferred to New Delhi. So, there is no set pattern they seem to follow.
Cases are distributed based on visa office workload. If that was not the cases then your case should have remained in Ottawa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

It clearly states your application will not be processed just by the nearest office to where you live.

callingcard

Jun 6, 2016
Hello Friends,

Parent Sponsorship applied March 2011
Currently asking for medical in June 2016
How long to wait for passport call after medical done. (parents are in Canada on visitor visa and medical will be done here)
Can I submit passport from Canada or need to go back to India?

Thank you