+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I called CIC and was told the first stage has been completed for me. They had no idea why they never sent me a letter or email mentioning that, but the officer said he will communicate with them that I never received anything.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Your suggestion is always valuable.
In IMM008,

I used 'Canada' as her current country of residence.
I used Canadian Address as her current mailing address in contact info section.
I used Bangladeshi Address as her residential address in contact info section.
Did you mention an email address in the contact info section? This is what I found after current mailing address -

- All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your e-mail address below.
- Indicating an e-mail address will authorize all correspondence, including file and personal information, to be sent to the e-mail address you specify.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
lenium said:
The request was through email.

What's the normal timeline from Medical to Pass request? Does anybody know?
Depends on LVO but I used to keep a track of Ottawa timeline between medicals and PPR and found majority of cases got their PPR within 130 days of medicals (there were the odd exceptions).

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
So I called CIC and was told the first stage has been completed for me. They had no idea why they never sent me a letter or email mentioning that, but the officer said he will communicate with them that I never received anything.
This is scary. Espachially for folks who have parents here on super visa. Straight medicals are coming without approval correspondence.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
lenium said:
Seems like a lot of folks are not receiving notifications regarding sponsorship approvals all of a sudden. Maybe there is some glitch in the CIC communications system. I know the emails are auto generated so maybe they are unaware the emails for approval are not all being dispatched.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jhutti said:
This is scary. Espachially for folks who have parents here on super visa. Straight medicals are coming without approval correspondence.
Very true and you only get 30 days to complete the medicals

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes there has been an email address both for me and my parents.

I also had received my acceptance letter and file number through email before.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
Very true and you only get 30 days to complete the medicals
Can't they get the medicals done in Canada?
I believe for PR application they should be able to do so.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
lenium said:
Can't they get the medicals done in Canada?
I believe for PR application they should be able to do so.
Oh yes they can, but if you only find out about the request at the last moment then you could have a scramble to meet the deadline.

My parents were in Canada and did their medicals here.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
They are processing 10AM Jan 5 batch already. That means the 2015 intake are almost complete. It is amazing how quickly CIC is moving for PGP. :eek:

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
vnexpress said:
They are processing 10AM Jan 5 batch already. That means the 2015 intake are almost complete. It is amazing how quickly CIC is moving for PGP. :eek:
I don't think now what time your application arrived at Mississauga has any bearing on the processing of applications.

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Dell2

It Depends. To qualify as a sponsor he/she must need to get the income requirements for 3 consecutive years prior for sponsorship. I believe the link is in the cic website about the required income.

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
She was too scared to ask them anything. I will call cic. thanks

jhutti said:
No stamp means 6 months. U can call cic for clarification. Did not immigration officer ask ur mom her intended stay time

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
We got email this morning said our sponsorship is approved. The application is forwarded to Ottawa for further processing.

Yay!!

For reference, our application arrived at CIC on Jan 2 2015 at 10:00am.
My mom is currently here in Canada on Super Visa. We put Canada as mailing address, and Hong Kong as resident address.