+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Mine is Jan 2 - 10AM application and I have not heard back anything from them regarding my sponsorship approval or medical. Any suggestions ?

Salil

soonihope said:
I don't think now what time your application arrived at Mississauga has any bearing on the processing of applications.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
salil said:
Mine is Jan 2 - 10AM application and I have not heard back anything from them regarding my sponsorship approval or medical. Any suggestions ?

Salil
Looks like they process things all over the places which isn't a new thing with CIC.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Rossei said:
I have a question re: Change in Address, especially for those whose file has been transferred to LVO. Has anyone changed his/her parent's mailing address to a Canadian one after submitting the application?

My mom is here with me on Super Visa. Ideally, I want her Home Address to be Bangladeshi address and Mailing Address to be my Canadian address (I wrote same in original application). Now my mom's E-Cas shows her Bangladeshi address as her current home address which is right. But it also says below To change this mailing address contact us. When I use the link of "contact us", it takes me to a page where the address can be changed in such a way that both home and mailing address need to be Canadian. Furthermore, it doesn't show my Canadian address as her mailing address.

Under this circumstance, I have 3 options if I want all correspondence to come to our email id's or my Canadian address (if LVO decides to mail to my mom's home address):

1) should I change both her Home and Mailing address to my Canadian address using E-Cas?
2) should I use Webform where I can write in details?
3) Or, do nothing as I'm her representative. it states on CIC web:
If you can’t change your address online, you can change it using this Web form. Follow the instructions and include all the details we ask for.
Note: if you have an immigration application in process and a representative on file (paid or unpaid), the mailing address in your file will stay your representative’s address.

I'm bit worried as CIC is most times contacting parents without notifying the sponsor that their sponsorship has been approved. I'm also seeing parents getting Med/PCC request from LVO in regular mail. My mom's home address in Bangladesh is empty and I fear we may completely miss if any correspondence is sent to her Bangladeshi address.

Will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
I have the same situation except that my parents are not in Canada but in my application I put my mailing address as their mailing address so I can receive all communication at my Canadian Address. I have also provided 2 emails 1 for me and 1 for them hopefully that would be their preferred method of communication. I just don't find our mailing system in my home country reliable that's why I'd like to receive their letters. Do you think I can make this change? Dunno why they didn't put the info as I provided it in the application, they just assumed their residential address is the same as the mailing address even though I provided my address.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
scorpion_ca said:
Did you mention an email address in the contact info section? This is what I found after current mailing address -

- All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your e-mail address below.
- Indicating an e-mail address will authorize all correspondence, including file and personal information, to be sent to the e-mail address you specify.
Yes, I provided my mom's email. And I gave mine in sponsorship app. In my history of PR and Citizenship, I never missed email correspondence from CIC.

I'm worried mostly for the instance CIC sends IME/PCC request in reg. mail straight to Bangladesh without any prior communication with me (as it's happening to others). Moreover, this request has generally a 30-day deadline to comply. :eek:

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
741953 said:
We got email this morning said our sponsorship is approved. The application is forwarded to Ottawa for further processing.

Yay!!
Congrats!

For reference, our application arrived at CIC on Jan 2, 2015 at 10:00am.
My mom is currently here in Canada on Super Visa. We put Canada as mailing address, and Hong Kong as resident address.
What address was your mom's E-cas showing? Was it Canadian or Hong Kongian?

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone...a few questions

Am I to understand that people who are in the JANUARY 2015 applications for sponsorship are receiving requests for medicals now?

To date I have only received a letter from CIC stating that our application was received which was dated March 23, 2015. Has anyone received other notifications?

When I look at the online status it states my father in law name and APPLICATION for PERMANENT RESIDENCE and then my mother in law as a dependent! Does this mean a request for medicals will follow shortly?

I noted that all the processing times have now been removed from the website! Is this their way of delaying the process indefinitely?

Would love to hear from anyone who also applied January 2015
Thanks
Leo

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Yes, I provided my mom's email. And I gave mine in sponsorship app. In my history of PR and Citizenship, I never missed email correspondence from CIC.

I'm worried mostly for the instance CIC sends IME/PCC request in reg. mail straight to Bangladesh without any prior communication with me (as it's happening to others). Moreover, this request has generally a 30-day deadline to comply. :eek:
I doubt if you provided an e-mail address, they will send you regular mail.

Is there anyone in this forum provided an email address in applicant's contact info but received IME/PCC thru regular mail?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Looks like they process things all over the places which isn't a new thing with CIC.
Yes, I am part of Jan 2nd 9:43 AM, and have not heard anything. The application is for both of my mom and dad.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Leolaz27 said:
Hi everyone...a few questions

Am I to understand that people who are in the JANUARY 2015 applications for sponsorship are receiving requests for medicals now?

To date I have only received a letter from CIC stating that our application was received which was dated March 23, 2015. Has anyone received other notifications?

When I look at the online status it states my father in law name and APPLICATION for PERMANENT RESIDENCE and then my mother in law as a dependent! Does this mean a request for medicals will follow shortly?

I noted that all the processing times have now been removed from the website! Is this their way of delaying the process indefinitely?

Would love to hear from anyone who also applied January 2015
Thanks
Leo
According to our 2015 Timeline SS, 16 out of total 188 applications have been approved as sponsors. Among these, 12 files have been transferred to LVO and only 3 out of this 12 have reported about Medical request. So, it has just begun.

In your case, you can either expect a notification re: sponsorship approval and/or file transfer to LVO or a medical/PCC request. Since it has just started and CIC seems to pick random files, I cannot predict a timeline.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Rossei said:
Congrats!
What address was your mom's E-cas showing? Was it Canadian or Hong Kongian?
Though we put Hong Kong address as my mom's Resident Address, on E-cas, both Current Home Address and Current Mailing Address are my address in Canada.

SK5123

Jan 9, 2015
scorpion_ca said:
I doubt if you provided an e-mail address, they will send you regular mail.

Is there anyone in this forum provided an email address in applicant's contact info but received IME/PCC thru regular mail?
I provided them my email as well, but never received any emails from Cic. Our case has been approved and forwarded to Ottowa, but all we received are regular mails. I guess they didn't input our email address into their system when they received our document first tine. :(

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
According to our 2015 Timeline SS, 16 out of total 188 applications have been approved as sponsors. Among these, 12 files have been transferred to LVO and only 3 out of this 12 have reported about Medical request. So, it has just begun.

In your case, you can either expect a notification re: sponsorship approval and/or file transfer to LVO or a medical/PCC request. Since it has just started and CIC seems to pick random files, I cannot predict a timeline.
Thanks for the reply Rossei! Just when we figured we knew what was going on, they change things up on us!
Good luck
LEO

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
we also got an update yesterday by regular mail saying I was approved as sponsor and application was forwarded to Warsaw for next stage.

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
sorry if i am interrupting the topic

i was wondering if any one can suggest me where and how to get medical insurance for my parents supervisa.would be verykind .

thanks