+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Sorry to hear that.

I am sure they must have asked for the Marriage Certificate. They simply cant reject the application because you didn't attach the marriage certificate to the application right . ? You can get the certificate and send it to them.

In my case when I applied for my inlaws I mentioned it to them that we don't have the marriage certificate for my mother. They should not simply reject the application and should ask for supporting application.

Salil

Rossei said:
So, they asked for it and you will still be processed, right?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salil said:
Sorry to hear that.

I am sure they must have asked for the Marriage Certificate. They simply cant reject the application because you didn't attach the marriage certificate to the application right . ? You can get the certificate and send it to them.

In my case when I applied for my inlaws I mentioned it to them that we don't have the marriage certificate for my mother. They should not simply reject the application and should ask for supporting application.

Salil
normally the application in 2014 & 2015 used to get rejected at first pass only for missing document. They seems to relax in 2016 cases. As for not having a marriage certificate. One can always get parents sign common-law partner form in front of oath commissioner with supporting documents( like each other name on passports, joint bank accounts etc).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I have a question re: Change in Address, especially for those whose file has been transferred to LVO. Has anyone changed his/her parent's mailing address to a Canadian one after submitting the application?

My mom is here with me on Super Visa. Ideally, I want her Home Address to be Bangladeshi address and Mailing Address to be my Canadian address (I wrote same in original application). Now my mom's E-Cas shows her Bangladeshi address as her current home address which is right. But it also says below To change this mailing address contact us. When I use the link of "contact us", it takes me to a page where the address can be changed in such a way that both home and mailing address need to be Canadian. Furthermore, it doesn't show my Canadian address as her mailing address.

Under this circumstance, I have 3 options if I want all correspondence to come to our email id's or my Canadian address (if LVO decides to mail to my mom's home address):

1) should I change both her Home and Mailing address to my Canadian address using E-Cas?
2) should I use Webform where I can write in details?
3) Or, do nothing as I'm her representative. it states on CIC web:
If you can’t change your address online, you can change it using this Web form. Follow the instructions and include all the details we ask for.
Note: if you have an immigration application in process and a representative on file (paid or unpaid), the mailing address in your file will stay your representative’s address.

I'm bit worried as CIC is most times contacting parents without notifying the sponsor that their sponsorship has been approved. I'm also seeing parents getting Med/PCC request from LVO in regular mail. My mom's home address in Bangladesh is empty and I fear we may completely miss if any correspondence is sent to her Bangladeshi address.

Will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
@Rossie : I have similar situation where my mother stays with me and she is on Super Visa. Since I am her representative, currently I see my Canadian address listed online. It looks like for you it is other way round.

My take is that you can only change the mailing address through ecas change address section and not the home address of primary applicant who resides outside Canada. I will call CIC tomorrow and see what they have to say. Will post the reply the reply once I am done talking to them.

Rossei said:
I have a question re: Change in Address, especially for those whose file has been transferred to LVO. Has anyone changed his/her parent's mailing address to a Canadian one after submitting the application?

My mom is here with me on Super Visa. Ideally, I want her Home Address to be Bangladeshi address and Mailing Address to be my Canadian address (I wrote same in original application). Now my mom's E-Cas shows her Bangladeshi address as her current home address which is right. But it also says below To change this mailing address contact us. When I use the link of "contact us", it takes me to a page where the address can be changed in such a way that both home and mailing address need to be Canadian. Furthermore, it doesn't show my Canadian address as her mailing address.

Under this circumstance, I have 3 options if I want all correspondence to come to our email id's or my Canadian address (if LVO decides to mail to my mom's home address):

1) should I change both her Home and Mailing address to my Canadian address using E-Cas?
If you can’t change your address online, you can change it using this Web form. Follow the instructions and include all the details we ask for.
Note: if you have an immigration application in process and a representative on file (paid or unpaid), the mailing address in your file will stay your representative’s address.

I'm bit worried as CIC is most times contacting parents without notifying the sponsor that their sponsorship has been approved. I'm also seeing parents getting Med/PCC request from LVO in regular mail. My mom's home address in Bangladesh is empty and I fear we may completely miss if any correspondence is sent to her Bangladeshi address.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rossei said:

In my opinion I would suggest you change your mother's home address to the current place of residence in Canada.

The point to remember here is that they ask for your current residence and then mailing address on IMM 008. I remember when you fill in the IMM 0008 it asks for the current country of residence and your status in that country. In your current situation your mother's country of residence is Canada and her status in Canada is that of a visitor.

Being here on a super visa CIC is aware that parents remain in Canada for extended periods.
You are correct in that you don't want to risk missing any correspondence due to it being directed to Bangladesh while your mum is in Canada.

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
hello friends,

I have quick question : my mom came here on SuperVisa in Jan but immigration officer only stamped the passport with no exit date written on it. Should I assume that she can stay for 2 yrs or do they typically write exit date of after 2 yrs ... ? I know this question does not belong here but quick answer will really help. Otherwise I may have to file extension for my mother.

Salil

amican15

Jan 4, 2015
muzmil said:
Got an email saying my application can not be processed as it is missing my parents marriage certificate :(

I am sure i did send the document with the application . Anyways.. I am really surprised to see such a quick processing time... I hope the speed remains the same !!
I am in the same boat.
They asked me for "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking IMM1344E". They would have rejected my app if I hadn't sent it from the beginning. So I have sent it again.
Frustrating I would say knowing that they misplaced/lost important documents.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salil said:
hello friends,

I have quick question : my mom came here on SuperVisa in Jan but immigration officer only stamped the passport with no exit date written on it. Should I assume that she can stay for 2 yrs or do they typically write exit date of after 2 yrs ... ? I know this question does not belong here but quick answer will really help. Otherwise I may have to file extension for my mother.

Salil
No stamp means 6 months. U can call cic for clarification. Did not immigration officer ask ur mom her intended stay time

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
salil said:
@Rossie : I have similar situation where my mother stays with me and she is on Super Visa. Since I am her representative, currently I see my Canadian address listed online. It looks like for you it is other way round.

My take is that you can only change the mailing address through ecas change address section and not the home address of primary applicant who resides outside Canada. I will call CIC tomorrow and see what they have to say. Will post the reply the reply once I am done talking to them.
Thanks salil for your input.

I see my Canadian address as well when I log in as a sponsor with my credentials. It's Bangladeshi address for my mom when I log in with her credentials.

I will wait for your post.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
soonihope said:
In my opinion I would suggest you change your mother's home address to the current place of residence in Canada.
Your suggestion is always valuable.

The point to remember here is that they ask for your current residence and then mailing address on IMM 008. I remember when you fill in the IMM 0008 it asks for the current country of residence and your status in that country. In your current situation your mother's country of residence is Canada and her status in Canada is that of a visitor.
In IMM008,

I used 'Canada' as her current country of residence.
I used Canadian Address as her current mailing address in contact info section.
I used Bangladeshi Address as her residential address in contact info section.

g1m

Jan 29, 2015
Sposorship approved and file is now moved to Ottawa. Received the email an hour ago :D
Good luck everyone. Also, can someone please explain what's next now? My concern is my parents are here with me and as Rossie mentioned, I am also having the same issue with mailing address when I check ECAS with their credentials.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks! My parents received their medical request forms!
Also the online status has a line added now saying they started processing the application May 17.
The sponsorship status hasn't changed at all!

Does anybody know how long it will take between medical and passport request?

Thanks

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Lenium

How did u get the request is it by mail or your email?
Congrats hope to hear more request soon for 2015 batch.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The request was through email.

What's the normal timeline from Medical to Pass request? Does anybody know?