+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
everhopeful said:
My mother came to Canada on a Super Visa. It was not difficult - took about 4 weeks from the time of application in India. She had to pass a medical test though through a Canadian 'panel' doctor in India. Before applying we had to buy medical insurance for $100K and submit proof of insurance with the application. It is expensive and the insurance company takes payment in advance but guarantees a full refund if the visa is denied. Once here the medical insurance only covers 'emergency' situations. If the parent leaves the country before the year is up and there are no claims, then you are entitled to a partial refund. If your parent stays longer than 1 year, there is no check from CIC to ensure you buy the insurance for the second year - we took the insurance though to protect ourselves. On a Super Visa the parent can stay for 2 years at a time (passport is stamped at the airport though and it is left to border security to give you the full 2 years stay). One month before the 2 years are up, you can apply online for an extension; no guarantees though. The Super Visa is a multiple entry visa and is valid for 10 years or validity of the passport, whichever comes first. So if the passport is expiring soon, it would be worthwhile to get a new passport before applying for the Super Visa.
Thank you for answering my questions. This is very helpful! :)

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
polaroffer said:
The payment processing will continue for the next two weeks.
It will prove what I said when the 5th applications report the CC charges.
(For those delivered on Jan 5th 8:14am or earlier, successfully locked positions in the cap too.)
I prey you are right :)I am also checking my account hundred times a day like other members and end up disappointed.
I am 6 min.behind you :)

Elephant28

Jan 20, 2015
winnipegger said:
Finally my credit card got charged! I had almost accepted the fate of missing it this year. My package as per UPS was delivered on Jan 2 at 10:47 am and the agent just said the only note she has is that my application has been received.

Good luck to the ones who are still waiting-i know what it feels like!
I am new to this forum and congratulations to all who made the 5000 already. I Sent my application form on dec 31st and reached on Jan 2nd @ 10.47 by UPS and Checking the CC every hour :(.. Good luck to all .

Hi winnipegger, what time your CC got charged?

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Today I called CIC to enquire about my parents application which was received on 6-Jan-2015.
They said that, they got internal message that they are not suppose to provide any updates for 2015 parents sponsorship applications and we have to just wait for further communications.
As per the forums, it looks like, on 2-Jan-2015, all 5000 applications are reached.
I might have to reapply quickly next year.
Wish you good luck to all of you.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
everhopeful said:
My mother came to Canada on a Super Visa. It was not difficult - took about 4 weeks from the time of application in India. She had to pass a medical test though through a Canadian 'panel' doctor in India. Before applying we had to buy medical insurance for $100K and submit proof of insurance with the application. It is expensive and the insurance company takes payment in advance but guarantees a full refund if the visa is denied. Once here the medical insurance only covers 'emergency' situations. If the parent leaves the country before the year is up and there are no claims, then you are entitled to a partial refund. If your parent stays longer than 1 year, there is no check from CIC to ensure you buy the insurance for the second year - we took the insurance though to protect ourselves. On a Super Visa the parent can stay for 2 years at a time (passport is stamped at the airport though and it is left to border security to give you the full 2 years stay). One month before the 2 years are up, you can apply online for an extension; no guarantees though. The Super Visa is a multiple entry visa and is valid for 10 years or validity of the passport, whichever comes first. So if the passport is expiring soon, it would be worthwhile to get a new passport before applying for the Super Visa.

is it possible to apply for supervisa from within canada?

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreyU said:
this is not just unfair. this is NOT normal. the government has to be extremely transparent in this time sensitive process...
yesterday later in the day, the calls to cic wouldnt go through due to hig call demand. I'm thinking they may have just turned in as they were getting a lot of people calling in regarding pgp.

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi All,

We are getting conflicting info from different people regarding time and CC charges. Totally confused.

Yes, I am one of that UPS 10:47 batch for which either the CC is charged or the available balance reduced.

Frustrating though. Haven't called CIC because I didn't put the UCI number. Not bothering to call.

I missed last year by a week...., this time by an HOUR???????? I am not sure yet.

Waiting this week to confirm whether we made it or not......

Congratulations to all those who used FEDEX/PUROLATOR and Canada POST whose CC got charged. Pray for us friends.
Not sure if you noticed my post. i am in the UPS Jan.2 10:47 batch. I called CIC yesterday, and been told my file is complete, and has 41xx noted under my file. So i think yours should be somewhere close to mine.

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
winnipegger said:
Finally my credit card got charged! I had almost accepted the fate of missing it this year. My package as per UPS was delivered on Jan 2 at 10:47 am and the agent just said the only note she has is that my application has been received.

Good luck to the ones who are still waiting-i know what it feels like!
Congrats!! Mine was delivered on Jan. 2 10:47 am by UPS too.

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
Hello Everybody,

Just letting you know that I sent my application with Purolator Jan 2 and it was delivered @1:25 the same day and my credit card was charged yesterday Jan 19, 2015.

Also I didn't put my UCI# but application was accepted.

Good LUCK TO EVERYONE.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Spreadsheet Summary:

55 (53 accepted + 2 rejected) out of total 140 applicants in the spreadsheet got past the initial stage. That's more than 39%. These 55 are all Jan 2 applicants (out of total 85 Jan 2 applicants).

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Finally the charged was shown now in my credit card online bill.

Jan. 19, 2015 CIC CPR - CIC RTC MISSISSAUGA ON 550.00

Thank you guys for the updates. It keeps everyone hopes high.

Blessings

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
steelcase said:
is it possible to apply for supervisa from within canada?
Yes you can, done it to my mom's supervisa. Call CIC to know further updated details as I have done it 2 years ago.