+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
kevinsouza said:
that is unfair. I believe because a lot of people have been calling them to get this, they've probably ben asked to not provide any info whatsoever.
I aked if they received it and any other info they can give me. "You are not in the system"

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
polaroffer said:
The payment processing will continue for the next two weeks.
It will prove what I said when the 5th applications report the CC charges.
(For those delivered on Jan 5th 8:14am or earlier, successfully locked positions in the cap too.)
POST YOUR SOURCE. Otherwise, stop posting your opinions as fact.

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Anyone here whose parents are on Super Visa? Was it tough to get? How long did it take? What kindof medical facilities are available to them?

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Ugh I just realized that my parents have writen their names only in English and forgot to write it in their native language in the Additional Family information. They did however write their names in their native language in the Background Declaration form. Yikes!!! Hopefully its not a problem!!! Anyone know?

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Yes, I am one of that UPS 10:47 batch for which either the CC is charged or the available balance reduced.
So are you saying your card was charged or not?? I'm in the same batch waiting for the charge to come through.

I don't see a charge date for you in the spreadsheet.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Nkunjur said:
Anyone here whose parents are on Super Visa? Was it tough to get? How long did it take? What kindof medical facilities are available to them?
My partner's parents got the Supervisa. It was straightforward. However, you need to buy insurance for them prior to applying and demonstrate that you have paid for one year in full (I believe it's one year, but don't quote me on the timing). From what I understand the medical insurance for the most part only covers emergency situations (not completely sure of this), but they cannot avail of any medical assistance provided by Canada unless they or their insurance pays for it.

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
kevinsouza said:
My partner's parents got the Supervisa. It was straightforward. However, you need to buy insurance for them prior to applying and demonstrate that you have paid for one year in full (I believe it's one year, but don't quote me on the timing). From what I understand the medical insurance for the most part only covers emergency situations (not completely sure of this), but they cannot avail of any medical assistance provided by Canada unless they or their insurance pays for it.

Thanks Kevin :)

CatherineL

Aug 27, 2014
dbase1981 said:
Did someone from Jan 5 applicants already called CIC?
Somebody on a Chinese forum who had their application delivered on Jan 5 called cic yesterday morning. She was told that her application was completed. So there is a hope for people whose application was received on Jan5.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
CatherineL said:
Somebody on a Chinese forum who had their application delivered on Jan 5 called cic yesterday morning. She was told that her application was completed. So there is a hope for people whose application was received on Jan5.
Ooh I hope so! This is all I can think about. Arg.

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
Nkunjur said:
My mother came to Canada on a Super Visa. It was not difficult - took about 4 weeks from the time of application in India. She had to pass a medical test though through a Canadian 'panel' doctor in India. Before applying we had to buy medical insurance for $100K and submit proof of insurance with the application. It is expensive and the insurance company takes payment in advance but guarantees a full refund if the visa is denied. Once here the medical insurance only covers 'emergency' situations. If the parent leaves the country before the year is up and there are no claims, then you are entitled to a partial refund. If your parent stays longer than 1 year, there is no check from CIC to ensure you buy the insurance for the second year - we took the insurance though to protect ourselves. On a Super Visa the parent can stay for 2 years at a time (passport is stamped at the airport though and it is left to border security to give you the full 2 years stay). One month before the 2 years are up, you can apply online for an extension; no guarantees though. The Super Visa is a multiple entry visa and is valid for 10 years or validity of the passport, whichever comes first. So if the passport is expiring soon, it would be worthwhile to get a new passport before applying for the Super Visa.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys, Last year I was late by 1 day, this year I was late by 1 hour. The government is trying to make it so difficult that the parents sponsorship is almost useless now, I think with this kind of quota, next year even if your application reach CIC by 8AM on 2 Jan, you will have to be entered into a lottery. The Supervisa that they gave to our parents is very restrictive, in fact no parents would want to only stay at home and do nothing, most will just want to do some activities so that they can feel active and being part of the society and not just staying at home rotting, sadly the super visa only allow parents to rot at home, even study is illegal, volunteering is also forbidden. I believe most of us do not just want our parents to get any welfare, we are also willing to pay the healthcare cost for them, all we need is for them to live an active life in Canada. Why don't we petition for Open Work Permit for our parents just like for the spouses of Canadian Citizens or PR, this will allow them to do some activities and not just staying at home rotting. I am sure our parents will not compete with Canadian for low paying jobs, all they need is to do something and have a healthy and active life. What do you guys think?

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
Finally my credit card got charged! I had almost accepted the fate of missing it this year. My package as per UPS was delivered on Jan 2 at 10:47 am and the agent just said the only note she has is that my application has been received.

Good luck to the ones who are still waiting-i know what it feels like!