+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

manny51

Nov 9, 2014
Hello everyone. I sent my forms via Purulator on 31 Dec which arrived 2 Jan at 8:45 and signed for by SR. My CIBC credit card has been charged this morning so please don't lose hope.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Rossei,

Add Anastasia P (my partner) to the list. Same sent, received, courier info as mine. The current status of credit card being charged against my name is actually hers.
For my record, please put down method of payment as certified cheque. I called two days ago, and I was informed application is complete (however, I called today and they won't look at the file using UCI)

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
deerestlovelybear said:
Hi guys, Last year I was late by 1 day, this year I was late by 1 hour. The government is trying to make it so difficult that the parents sponsorship is almost useless now, I think with this kind of quota, next year even if your application reach CIC by 8AM on 2 Jan, you will have to be entered into a lottery. The Supervisa that they gave to our parents is very restrictive, in fact no parents would want to only stay at home and do nothing, most will just want to do some activities so that they can feel active and being part of the society and not just staying at home rotting, sadly the super visa only allow parents to rot at home, even study is illegal, volunteering is also forbidden. I believe most of us do not just want our parents to get any welfare, we are also willing to pay the healthcare cost for them, all we need is for them to live an active life in Canada. Why don't we petition for Open Work Permit for our parents just like for the spouses of Canadian Citizens or PR, this will allow them to do some activities and not just staying at home rotting. I am sure our parents will not compete with Canadian for low paying jobs, all they need is to do something and have a healthy and active life. What do you guys think?
I completely agree. I was one of the "lucky" ones whose credit card got charged. Huge sigh of relief, first hurdle over...now what?.....In reality, I am being told that the processing time is 44 + 68 months - that is over NINE YEARS! My mother is 71 at the moment. Coming to Canada at the age of 80 when my kids have grown up and she is too old to have an active life is not much use to us. We are told the Supervisa is good option but it's just a farce. Yes it allows parents to be here for two years but we have to pay $3-5k a year for medical insurance that only covers emergencies! That is nonsense for elderly parents. It means that they can't really live here long-term. Canada does not operate a dual healthcare system (i.e. where you can choose private instead of state healthcare) like many other countries. In my case, my mother is currently here on a 6 month tourist visa with travel insurance (essentially covering the same as the Supervisa insurance) but now her hip started giving her trouble.....SO now she has to go back to our home country and wait months over there just to go through the various appointments and checks. We need her to provide childcare help for our three young children yet I am not allowed to sponsor her to come to Canada as our caregiver either.

I would be more than happy to pay whatever is necessary to fund my mother's stay here with full access to OHIP services. If CIC can't or don't want to speed up the parent sponsorship process then they MUST provide a better option than the Supervisa with useless 'emergency' insurance options. I believe they need to work together with OHIP (and other services) to come up with a plan (that we could pay into) in order to have our parents be with us in Canada properly under a system of care that is workable and realistic for elderly parents. Let's use our collective frustrations to try and make our voices heard!

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnastasiaU said:
I completely agree. I was one of the "lucky" ones whose credit card got charged. Huge sigh of relief, first hurdle over...now what?.....In reality, I am being told that the processing time is 44 + 68 months - that is over NINE YEARS! My mother is 71 at the moment. Coming to Canada at the age of 80 when my kids have grown up and she is too old to have an active life is not much use to us. We are told the Supervisa is good option but it's just a farce. Yes it allows parents to be here for two years but we have to pay $3-5k a year for medical insurance that only covers emergencies! That is nonsense for elderly parents. It means that they can't really live here long-term. Canada does not operate a dual healthcare system (i.e. where you can choose private instead of state healthcare) like many other countries. In my case, my mother is currently here on a 6 month tourist visa with travel insurance (essentially covering the same as the Supervisa insurance) but now her hip started giving her trouble.....SO now she has to go back to our home country and wait months over there just to go through the various appointments and checks. We need her to provide childcare help for our three young children yet I am not allowed to sponsor her to come to Canada as our caregiver either.

I would be more than happy to pay whatever is necessary to fund my mother's stay here with full access to OHIP services. If CIC can't or don't want to speed up the parent sponsorship process then they MUST provide a better option than the Supervisa with useless 'emergency' insurance options. I believe they need to work together with OHIP (and other services) to come up with a plan (that we could pay into) in order to have our parents be with us in Canada properly under a system of care that is workable and realistic for elderly parents. Let's use our collective frustrations to try and make our voices heard!
Your every word is applicable to most of us. I think we can even petition to cancel or reduced the pensions of those parents have come within last 20 years.
That way govt will have money to put funds in health care for everyone.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
deerestlovelybear said:
Hi guys, Last year I was late by 1 day, this year I was late by 1 hour. The government is trying to make it so difficult that the parents sponsorship is almost useless now, I think with this kind of quota, next year even if your application reach CIC by 8AM on 2 Jan, you will have to be entered into a lottery. The Supervisa that they gave to our parents is very restrictive, in fact no parents would want to only stay at home and do nothing, most will just want to do some activities so that they can feel active and being part of the society and not just staying at home rotting, sadly the super visa only allow parents to rot at home, even study is illegal, volunteering is also forbidden. I believe most of us do not just want our parents to get any welfare, we are also willing to pay the healthcare cost for them, all we need is for them to live an active life in Canada. Why don't we petition for Open Work Permit for our parents just like for the spouses of Canadian Citizens or PR, this will allow them to do some activities and not just staying at home rotting. I am sure our parents will not compete with Canadian for low paying jobs, all they need is to do something and have a healthy and active life. What do you guys think?
This is the very reason why my parents leave after 6 months of doing nothing. They really want to be with us but staying at home just bored them. They are still very able so they can work part time or volunteer if given the chance. An open work permit is a good idea. Do you know how to petition?

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
AnastasiaU said:

I 100% agree with you. My mother passed away last year and I'm the only son for my parents. My father has a SuperVisa and insurance (I paid $1750 but it doesn't cover any preventative checkups). But I am really worried about my future in Canada if I have to go back to India just in case my father gets any health issues (God Forbid). It is a very tough situation for me. I am ready to spend for a fully covered health plan.

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
AnastasiaU said:
I completely agree. I was one of the "lucky" ones whose credit card got charged. Huge sigh of relief, first hurdle over...now what?.....In reality, I am being told that the processing time is 44 + 68 months - that is over NINE YEARS! My mother is 71 at the moment. Coming to Canada at the age of 80 when my kids have grown up and she is too old to have an active life is not much use to us. We are told the Supervisa is good option but it's just a farce. Yes it allows parents to be here for two years but we have to pay $3-5k a year for medical insurance that only covers emergencies! That is nonsense for elderly parents. It means that they can't really live here long-term. Canada does not operate a dual healthcare system (i.e. where you can choose private instead of state healthcare) like many other countries.

Absolutely agree with you. Parents on 'super visa' who need non-emergency medical care are treated as 'international patients' - you have to pay up front and appointments are delayed because OHIP patients take precedence. Some doctors even insist on cash payments. If Super Visa is the only option for our parents then Canada needs something like Obamacare where you can buy regular medical insurance for any resident not entitled to OHIP with no questions on existing conditions and insurance companies are forced to provide insurance at reasonable rates (much like Group Insurance).

We should also be allowed to claim them as our dependents (since they cannot work) and claim their medical expenses on our taxes. Currently the emergency medical insurance we buy for super visas is just free money for the insurance companies since we do not have any choice and cannot make any claims.

This is a discussion for a separate forum - but consider this; the emergency medical insurance policy for Super Visas allows the insurance company to not pay for all the resulting medical care if the patient is able to travel and can therefore be treated in his/her home country after the emergency has been dealt with.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Bessy said:
This is the very reason why my parents leave after 6 months of doing nothing. They really want to be with us but staying at home just bored them. They are still very able so they can work part time or volunteer if given the chance. An open work permit is a good idea. Do you know how to petition?
You can create a petition online, for example similar to this one about Bill C-24:

https://www.change.org/p/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

And of course, you can write to your local MP. If you don't know who that is check here

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
everhopeful said:
Absolutely agree with you. Parents on 'super visa' who need non-emergency medical care are treated as 'international patients' - you have to pay up front and appointments are delayed because OHIP patients take precedence. Some doctors even insist on cash payments. If Super Visa is the only option for our parents then Canada needs something like Obamacare where you can buy regular medical insurance for any resident not entitled to OHIP with no questions on existing conditions and insurance companies are forced to provide insurance at reasonable rates (much like Group Insurance). We should also be allowed to claim them as our dependents (since they cannot work) and claim their medical expenses on our taxes. Currently the emergency medical insurance we buy for super visas is just free money for the insurance companies since we do not have any choice and cannot make any claims.
I am not sure if the 9 years wait time is correct .. even after pausing the program for two years and opening it to 5,000 applications only every year???? I read some good news on many forums saying that it will be around 2.6 years. Ofcoarse if the case is 9 years then its not fair at all they know very well that parents are old and 9 years is not realistic.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
karamba said:
You can create a petition online, for example similar to this one about Bill C-24:

https://www.change.org/p/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

And of course, you can write to your local MP. If you don't know who that is check here

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Thanks, I will do both. Please let me know what information/points you would like to be added to the petition. I will then create it and post the link so that we can get as many members of this forum to sign it and pass on to others. This affects ALL of us here, as well as the thousands that are stuck with this nonsense process. I am also still talking to my friend at CBC to see if we can get some coverage on the situation.

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Hello,

Does anybody from January 5 here have their cc got charged already or any update on their application? If there's any please post some.
Thank you

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
Hi Guys,

Please add me to your statistics. I sent my file to sponsor my mother January 2nd but it arrived January 5th in the morning according to Canada Post. I didn't provide any CID and I haven't seen any amount charged in my CC related this process.

Where I can see the spreadsheet where you have the information of all the people who belong to this forum?

Thanks!

Johanna

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Buleleng10 said:
Hello,

Does anybody from January 5 here have their cc got charged already or any update on their application? If there's any please post some.
Thank you
If CIC is following an effective FCFS, I don't think they will be able to process even the 2nd Jan applications. I posted from Thunder Bay on Jan 02, my application reached on Jan 06 PM.

My initial guess was very close. I believed that the forum represents 1% of the total population of applicants for PGP 2015 program. If you notice Cell P1 in "Analysis" sheet, you will see 1.12%. (BTW: I created this entire sheet, I don't know if anyone found this useful.)

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Buleleng10 said:
Hello,

Thank you
There's one Jan 5th person on the spreadsheet who had their money order cashed. It just appeared today.