Sponsoring Parents in 2015

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
second application got accepted as well. I see the charge on my credit card. Purolator Jan 2 8:45 AM batch

HelloMother

Jan 15, 2015
My application was delivered on Jan 5th morning at 8:48am. By the look of it, it seems like I missed it? I can't believe it!!!!

rolua

Jan 19, 2015
Good day to all.

First, I would like to thank all of you for all the great information one can read in this forum!

I applied to sponsor my parents and my application was delivered on January 2nd around 11:30am by Canada Post courier. This being the first time, I had some problems finding the right forms to send, but at the end it all worked out well.

On January 13, I saw that my cc was pending a charge form CIC for the amount of $1100, and it got posted on January 15th in the morning. I saw people here are keeping track of this information so I decided to share.

Not sure what the charges on my cc mean? Did my application make it to the 5000 quota? Does that mean that the application is correct and not missing anything?

I hope everyone gets a positive answer from CIC with their application this year.
To date, I have been treated very well from CIC with every application that I have submitted for my self and other family members, so I can complain.

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
xenon said:
I will let you know in 15 minutes because that's my current wait time...lol ! Did you have to key in the UCI ID and Year of birth before being transferred to an agent?
No.the agent will ask you UCI#, DOB etc. but he/she might say he/she is not able to check any info. for you at the beginning, and may say you need to wait to get letter from CIC. But pls try your best to convince the rep. that's what i did. And the guy finally offered his help to me. And i've been told my# is 41xx. (I am in the UPS Jan. 2 10:47am batch.)

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
rolua said:
Good day to all.

First, I would like to thank all of you for all the great information one can read in this forum!

I applied to sponsor my parents and my application was delivered on January 2nd around 11:30am by Canada Post courier. This being the first time, I had some problems finding the right forms to send, but at the end it all worked out well.

On January 13, I saw that my cc was pending a charge form CIC for the amount of $1100, and it got posted on January 15th in the morning. I saw people here are keeping track of this information so I decided to share.

Not sure what the charges on my cc mean? Did my application make it to the 5000 quota? Does that mean that the application is correct and not missing anything?

I hope everyone gets a positive answer from CIC with their application this year.
To date, I have been treated very well from CIC with every application that I have submitted for my self and other family members, so I can complain.
i think you made your application into the 5000 CAP for sure at this point.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreyU said:
1 for English. then wait a bit, then 2 1 3 0. make a short pause after every option. Please share what they tell you!
The agent said my application was received and is considered a complete application. She wouldn't give me any additional details regarding cc being charged or app #. She just said that CIC will contact me regarding next steps, but she said the application was considered complete.

So hoping I will see a charge in my cc. I may call again tomorrow and see if I can get an app # if my cc isnt charged yet.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echo6315 said:
No.the agent will ask you UCI#, DOB etc. but he/she might say he/she is not able to check any info. for you at the beginning, and may say you need to wait to get letter from CIC. But pls try your best to convince the rep. that's what i did. And the guy finally offered his help to me. And i've been told my# is 41xx. (I am in the UPS Jan. 2 10:47am batch.)
How did you manage to convince them? I was unable to ...I said I want to make sure my cc is charged or not and I Want to make sure there are no problems with the CC bank withholding the transaction. She point blank said she doesnt have access to any more information.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
xenon said:
The agent said my application was received and is considered a complete application. She wouldn't give me any additional details regarding cc being charged or app #. She just said that CIC will contact me regarding next steps, but she said the application was considered complete.

So hoping I will see a charge in my cc. I may call again tomorrow and see if I can get an app # if my cc isnt charged yet.
Xenon,

Did you input the UCI number? if so, did you put in your UCI #? The UCI info appears in the Generic Application form, which is filled out by the Primary Applicant (i.e. your parents). Am I missing something here?

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
xenon said:

In my case the agent couldn't even say if my application is considered complete or not. So probably there are multiple stages where cic checks applications. I think if it was considered incomplete right after it was accepted, i think they would put a note on it right away.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinsouza said:
Xenon,

Did you input the UCI number? if so, did you put in your UCI #? The UCI info appears in the Generic Application form, which is filled out by the Primary Applicant (i.e. your parents). Am I missing something here?
I put in my UCI/PR #. But I dont think you have to do all that. Just 2->1->3->0 will take you there. The agent will ask you for your app no, you would have to give the UCI no you used in IMM 1344

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
xenon said:
I put in my UCI/PR #. But I dont think you have to do all that. Just 2->1->3->0 will take you there. The agent will ask you for your app no, you would have to give the UCI no you used in IMM 1344
got it. thanks a lot!

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreyU said:
In my case the agent couldn't even say if my application is considered complete or not. So probably there are multiple stages where cic checks applications. I think if it was considered incomplete right after it was accepted, i think they would put a note on it right away.
If he/she was able to pull it up and confirm your email id, phone no, address etc...then your info is in the system and is considered complete. What I think is key at this point is that App #. Maybe try calling again, you may get a different agent who may be able to help you.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
AndreyU said:
Andrey,

Did the agent acknowledge receipt of your application?