+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreyU said:
The agent told me that the only info available to him is that it was received - no more. I asked specifically if it means the application is considered complete - he just repeated that it was received and there is no more information. And there is no time of receipt, just 2 jan...
some people are helpful, some are not and some are blunt rude. Worth trying a second time to see if you would get a different respose.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinsouza said:
no. As Xenon indicated, your UCI number is supposed to be entered in form 1334. not in the Generic Application form.
In the generic app form, it will be your parents UCI ID if they already have one from CIC. If they dont, then you will leave it blank.

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
some people are helpful, some are not and some are blunt rude. Worth trying a second time to see if you would get a different respose.
Exactly, I called CIC and the woman said they don't know anything and she is very rude... I don't even get a chance to provide my UCI #

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinsouza said:
Called CIC. Asked agent if they could check status using MY UCI Number. She did. She said that it was processed on Jan 10, and deemed complete. She wouldn't say if it made the 5000 cap. My application was sent received on Jan 2 8.45am by Purolator, and I paid by certified cheque.

Would be helpful to know what date Purolator applications were processed and deemed complete, if you already have your CC charged.
Kevin, your bank should be able to tell you if your certified cheque was cashed.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
xenon said:
Kevin, your bank should be able to tell you if your certified cheque was cashed.

Called them, and they said there was no movement on the certified cheque. That being said, my partners card got charge on Jan 16. We were in the same batch, and I can't think that CIC would be in a hurry to cash it right away. For them a certified cheque is probably as good as cash.

Thoughts?

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
kevinsouza said:
Called them, and they said there was no movement on the certified cheque. That being said, my partners card got charge on Jan 16. We were in the same batch, and I can't think that CIC would be in a hurry to cash it right away. For them a certified cheque is probably as good as cash.

Thoughts?
Unless that's not a certified check. Last year it happened, people thought that was a certified check, but actually that was a money order or draft.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Cocoa said:
Unless that's not a certified check. Last year it happened, people thought that was a certified check, but actually that was a money order or draft.
Did these people get their application returned because of unapproved payment method? Using money order or bank draft instead of certified cheque?

Screech339

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
I doubt some posts in here. I think it's impossible that CIC agents will provide such infos like how far/ number of your application 41xx blah blah something like that. Something's fishy in here.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
khe01 said:
Phoned CIC, they gave me number 24XX. The CIC guy told me my application is marked as completed, no charge yet.

I sent my application use Purolator same day delivery, paid $150 for that. I found out they out sourced to KwikSave Inc., they suppose to deliver before 10am, but they forgot to put waybill, and they have to line up again, so package accepted at 1:20PM. I was sooo mad, I will never use Purolator same day service again.

If UPS at 10:47am is around 4000 something, them it must be after very late that day or even next day? So that means Jan 5th still have chance. Keep positive :D
Hi kheo1, we are in the same range. I think same guy delivered our packages.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Cocoa said:
True. Except I made sure it was a certified cheque. the bank teller didn't know what to do at first, because they are used to giving out Bank Drafts. She had to get her manager to do it. So i'm confident that its fine. they've already debited the $$ from my account. as a safety net I added an additional Fee Payment Form with my CC info and asked them o use it in case of any problems with the certified cheque :)

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
rhonaleen17 said:
I doubt some posts in here. I think it's impossible that CIC agents will provide such infos like how far/ number of your application 41xx blah blah something like that. Something's fishy in here.
CIC is aware of large volume call for this application status query. So they are not gonna provide such info in the near future.
But I did get the position of 5000 cap and clearly told my app is accepted and made the cap. :-*

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
screech339 said:
Did these people get their application returned because of unapproved payment method? Using money order or bank draft instead of certified cheque?

Screech339
I got returned last year for bank draft. I sent again with credit card, got into the cap last year.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
polaroffer said:
CIC is aware of large volume call for this application status query. So they are not gonna provide such info in the near future.
But I did get the position of 5000 cap and clearly told my app is accepted and made the cap. :-*
and mine told me there is no way to know if mine ade the cap. jus said that it had been assessed as complete as of Jan 10