+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
ElenaRu said:
Well....
If you are a permanent resident or a naturalized Canadian citizen (i.e., you came to Canada as a permanent resident and were later granted Canadian citizenship), provide:

The date on which you obtained this status (whichever is more recent)
Your UCI (Unique Client Identifier)/Client ID number)

So now Im not sure it would be mistake or not...
I think it depends on the officer looking at the file. most probably should not be a big deal.

jayhv

May 26, 2010
ElenaRu said:
Well....
If you are a permanent resident or a naturalized Canadian citizen (i.e., you came to Canada as a permanent resident and were later granted Canadian citizenship), provide:

The date on which you obtained this status (whichever is more recent)
Your UCI (Unique Client Identifier)/Client ID number)

So now Im not sure it would be mistake or not...
I dont think it will be considered as mistake, bcoz you anyway provided PR card/Citizenship certificate copy.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
I guess its not big deal with this UCI. But I was thinking it was written "provide UCI if you can". But its not.. So I can say nothing.
Like my husbant didnt remember when he became a citizen. And couldnt find any document (citizenship card has month only). And then he found it in some forms when he sponsored me. But still cannot remember where he got the date at that time... So we hope if this date is not correct, it would not be the reason to refuse the whole application.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
I called CIC today.My app.was delivered on 2 Jan at 1:26pm.
The agent confirm that my app.was received on 2 Jan.,no exact time was showing on file.
I asked if it was processed and she said "no".I should of asked if it's complete...
Anyway,no CC charged or avalable credit lower.
Congratulations to all with CC charged up to today!!!

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
SamParent said:
Well ... I missed it everywhere (even in form 1334), I thought this was supposed to be provided once CIC opens the file for sponsoring parents, didn't know I had to put my UCI#.

I guess it IS considered an error, right?

Thanks again!
I missed to put my UCI# number too. :(

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Why should you be at all worried about UCI? It was not mandatory. Just makes the tracking easier, if you want to track it now. Later, they'll give you a new number. I did not put my UCI (could not find it, and was not sure which UCI they want...)and my CC is charged (not that it shows something specific!)
Bessy said:
I missed to put my UCI# number too. :(

SamParent

Nov 30, 2014
fneda said:
Why should you be at all worried about UCI? It was not mandatory. Just makes the tracking easier, if you want to track it now. Later, they'll give you a new number. I did not put my UCI (could not find it, and was not sure which UCI they want...)and my CC is charged (not that it shows something specific!)
You are correct! I just called CIC and I was told that there is NO problem if UCI# was missed.

Good luck to all of you!

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I propose to add column in spreadsheet for the app number like 45xx or 24xx for those who know or whose app has been selected so that all can know and track it precisely in what order the future of selected applications would be processed throughout. Even for those whose CC has been charged would benefit by knowing their app number allocated by cic. Pls weigh in ur thoughts.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
I was thinking the rules should be "we accept completed applications for the first 3 or 2 or 1 business day (whichever time they think is appropriate)of the new year".
This way at least we will not worry about getting in 5000 app.and just worry if it's completed or not.And not being dependant on courier.They should even exept only mail with post stampt of the day.This way it's not lottery and one year they may have 6000-7000 app,next they may have only 3000-4000.That's my wishfull thinking :)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Hi All:

I am planning land Canada this year. My sister living in Ontario sponsored my mother. The file reached on 5th January.

Now from the update of CIC/this forum, it seems to be a distant dream to be within the cap. Being the only son of my mother, if I leave my country, my mother will be alone. So to be within the cap is very important though my mother already got super visa.

Now the question is when did the cap filled? To me it will take at least 3-4 days to complete. Even on 2nd January, if CIC received 1000 applications, it will take time to review all and then to charge. How many applications can be processed in one day? May be 50 or may be 100 at max. So there is long time to go.

I am trying to be optimist and positive ;D ;D ;D . No news is good news. Please pray for each other.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
SamParent said:
You are correct! I just called CIC and I was told that there is NO problem if UCI# was missed.

Good luck to all of you!
yay thanks!
But still I don't know if I will make it to the cap.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Bessy said:
yay thanks!
But still I don't know if I will make it to the cap.
Give them time, dear, to process. They got huge number of applicants in their hand. So wait for your turn to come. It is only matter of time.