+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bessy said:
Thanks!
Returned document was not checked in the notice. Tracker is still showing that document was delivered to CIC. I hope this is just something from our insurance, bank or whatever.
Nerve is in high tension everybody. It won't be assured until CC charged!
Look at what CPC has done to us! :eek:
Do their parents know this? :'(

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
I'm just wondering if anyone here using American Express as payment. If CPC charge the card, how many days do you think it will show up online?

I have one visa and one AE card. I decided to use AE coz I use it all the time for online shopping and it never failed on me.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
741953 said:
I'm just wondering if anyone here using American Express as payment. If CPC charge the card, how many days do you think it will show up online?

I have one visa and one AE card. I decided to use AE coz I use it all the time for online shopping and it never failed on me.
It depends on the bank. With one of my credit cards transactions are shown right away in the online statement. As soon as the card is charged, it shows a "pending" transaction. With another card transactions are only shown after they are "approved", usually 2-3 days.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
polaroffer said:
Nerve is in high tension everybody. It won't be assured until CC charged!
Look at what CPC has done to us! :eek:
Do their parents know this? :'(
Yeah this 5k cap thing is really stressful.

nerdynurse

May 10, 2011
Congrats to all hv their credit card charged!!! Now I feel stressed and depressed!!! My application was send in jan 2 with purolater arrived at 1:23pm same day NO charge on my card yet!!! Maybe I am out of the 5000 !!!!!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nerdynurse said:
Congrats to all hv their credit card charged!!! Now I feel stressed and depressed!!! My application was send in jan 2 with purolater arrived at 1:23pm same day NO charge on my card yet!!! Maybe I am out of the 5000 !!!!!
it is still too early to be worried about this. I would say you are in 5000 cap for sure if your application was delivered on Jan 2nd.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
741953 said:

As far as I remember, AE doesn't show temporary charges. The only way I used to find out about an incoming charge was by a change in my available credit.

I used my mastercard for my sponsorship charges.

Jan 9, 2015
Hi Everyone
I sent my file on Jan 2nd from Canada Post as Priority mail. They told me it should be there on 5th. On 5th status changed to Out for delivery. I thought it should be there in few hours. But its still showing me as out for delivery :mad:. I called canada post 2 times and also create a ticket for that. But i got a call from them and they are saying that immigration got your file and they are getting heavy mail so they never update status for immigration files. Is this happen to anybody else too or i am the only one?

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
If here someone is sure he\she is out of 5000 gap having application delivered on Jan 2, what shall I do if mine is only delivered on Jan 6? Kill myself right away?))))))
I still hope)

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
ElenaRu said:
If here someone is sure he\she is out of 5000 gap having application delivered on Jan 2, what shall I do if mine is only delivered on Jan 6? Kill myself right away?))))))
I still hope)
Please just relax and keep calm.I think too many of us are getting over-anxious. I suspect, the 5000 limit will reach only by the middle of this month. Even if one misses it, we just have to try again next year. Given the lengthy wait for processing in CPC-Mississauga and then at the home visa office (Singapore in my case), it will be 7 to 8 years, an extra one year is not that much of a difference. So I am just philosophical about this whole thing. We do our part and just hope for the best. A belated Merry Xmas and Happy New year to all applicants and their family. I also like to thank all those who have provided clarifications in this forum esp Rossei.
Regards

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
ElenaRu said:
I still hope)
hahaha, you're funny ... I'm in the same boat ... deliveredr jan 6 ... wait & see ... good luck to everyone :)

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend credit card was just charged as well. Her application was received at 9:41 Jan 2nd. I am sure all your guys' CCs should be charged within the next couple of days too.
Good luck to everyone

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
My Application got delivered @ 8:45 AM on Jan 2 by Purolator but no CC charge so far. Fingers crossed. ..all the best everyone.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
OP_POP said:
As far as I remember, AE doesn't show temporary charges. The only way I used to find out about an incoming charge was by a change in my available credit.

I used my mastercard for my sponsorship charges.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have been keeping my eyes on my available credit ever since I submitted the application.
It's been the same, but you know what? Today, my available credit is $550 less than yesterday :eek:
I didn't expect to see it updated on a Saturday. What a surprise!