+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
screech339 said:
To me, I think the best way to solve the mailing problem is to conduct an online lottery queue draw. Everyone who wants to apply for PGP must submit their names in the for the 5000 picked drawn names. If you get picked among the 5000, you can send in the one PGP application. This way there is no need for first in line mail packaging sent. CIC will not be overwhelm with couriers sitting outside on the first opening business day of Jan. Everyone has equal chance and people in GTA won't get the advantage in first in the door mailing over those living on the opposite coasts.

Screech339
It's a good idea, but the problem ... if you are not lucky you may Not have the opportunity to sponsor your parents as the number of applications will never decrease ???

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I'm on the same boat with the darn Canada Post. By no means I was trying to save money. If I knew there's difference between Canada Post and other courier services, I'm willing to pay way more for a guaranteed service on time. I sent my package on Dec 31 in the morning (from Ottawa), and the representative told me with full confidence that it's to be delivered on the 2nd. But it turned out that no truck came to pick up the packages on 31st. It was picked up on the 2nd, and from the website, it shows "Out for delivery" since 11:24am on 5th. I'm speechless about their service. I'm so frustrated for trusting something with no credibility.

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it now too late to send new applications? If no, any tips for next year?

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
armesana said:
Is it now too late to send new applications? If no, any tips for next year?
Most likely it's too late to mail it at this point.

My suggestion for next year is to plan everything out. Start the paperwork early. Get all the forms filled out and supporting documents ready by mid-December. If your parents are not in Canada, figure out how to get their signatures because scans are not acceptable. Check and double-check everything and mail your application by courier. As you can see too many people have issues with Canada post.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lola2301 said:
It's a good idea, but the problem ... if you are not lucky you may Not have the opportunity to sponsor your parents as the number of applications will never decrease ???
I don't understand your point about the number of applications will never decrease. The limit is 5000 regardless of how many people out there want to sponsor their parents. That number will not drop below 5000 or increase more than 5000.

Screech339

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
To me, I think the best way to solve the mailing problem is to conduct an online lottery queue draw. Everyone who wants to apply for PGP must submit their names in the for the 5000 picked drawn names. If you get picked among the 5000, you can send in the one PGP application. This way there is no need for first in line mail packaging sent. CIC will not be overwhelm with couriers sitting outside on the first opening business day of Jan. Everyone has equal chance and people in GTA won't get the advantage in first in the door mailing over those living on the opposite coasts.

Screech339
I'm not with you. Someone's name may not show up in 10 years. The unfortunate parents may not even live up to that long. Despite the flaws of bulk mailing system into CIC, one still has chance in the next year if s/he misses the first 5000 in the first year. In the next year, one should be careful thoroughly about when/how to mail the application.

BTW, I think CIC will again pause the PGP program. Until they were completely done with pre-2014 applications; they shouldn't have opened this. The backlogs didn't magically disappear if they are still working with 2011 applications and did not proceed with last year's applicants.

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
screech339 said:
I don't understand your point about the number of applications will never decrease. The limit is 5000 regardless of how many people out there want to sponsor their parents. That number will not drop below 5000 or increase more than 5000.

Screech339
If I understand correctly what he/she wants to point about the number of applications will never decrease is as follows. Suppose there were 25,000 people including me wanted to sponsor their parents in 2015. If we follow your method, my chance of getting into 5000 caps is 20% (=5,000/25,000). Now, if we think about next year (January 2016), it is very unlikely that only 20,000 people (=25,000-5,000) will apply for sponsorship. May be many new applicants will be added to the pool i.e. 20,000 (from year 2015 who was not selected) + new applicant who became eligible to sponsor their parents. So, my probability of getting into 5000 caps will most likely decrease if sample size (number of people who wants to sponsor their parents) increases every year :eek:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
I'm not with you. Someone's name may not show up in 10 years. The unfortunate parents may not even live up to that long. Despite the flaws of bulk mailing system into CIC, one still has chance in the next year if s/he misses the first 5000 in the first year. In the next year, one should be careful thoroughly about when/how to mail the application.

BTW, I think CIC will again pause the PGP program. Until they were completely done with pre-2014 applications; they shouldn't have opened this. The backlogs didn't magically disappear if they are still working with 2011 applications and did not proceed with last year's applicants.
How is it any difference from the current system of first in the post? If you missed the cap, you still got to apply again. If you missed the cap the following year, you still got to apply again. No difference from those who names didn't get picked for the 5000 drawn every year. So someone's package may still have to wait 10 years before their package finally made it in the 5000.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kaiser72 said:
If I understand correctly what he/she wants to point about the number of applications will never decrease is as follows. Suppose there were 25,000 people including me wanted to sponsor their parents in 2015. If we follow your method, my chance of getting into 5000 caps is 20% (=5,000/25,000). Now, if we think about next year (January 2016), it is very unlikely that only 20,000 people (=25,000-5,000) will apply for sponsorship. May be many new applicants will be added to the pool i.e. 20,000 (from year 2015 who was not selected) + new applicant who became eligible to sponsor their parents. So, my probability of getting into 5000 caps will most likely decrease if sample size (number of people who wants to sponsor their parents) increases every year :eek:
I see your point, but that will still apply to the current system now. Anyone who missed the cap will continue to apply again and again plus new sponsors applying for first time gets added each year. So whether they used the current first come / first serve or the lottery 5000 drawn, the numbers of people applying will always be increasing, thus your odds of getting in the 5000 cap get smaller and smaller. The only mess is the number of couriers waiting outside the door will get larger and larger under the current system.

Screech339

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaiser72 said:
It is better to use EE type criteria in parents sponsorship. Whosoever pays more taxes should get more points.
Also check parent’s education , English tests score etc. Everyone get in pool. High Cut off people get invited to
sponsor their parents. Then people cannot complain about GTA chaps have unfair advantage in posting applications etc.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
civic said:
I have come up with a balanced solution: I will still send them originals of Option C but not with an entirely new application package. In cover letter I will ask them to help locate my package and put them together. That way at least I don't feel guilty for making a mess (sending in 2 apps) or feel worried because I did not send them the originals. Whatever happens will happen. I can only hope so :-[

My original Option C will be with them tomorrow.
If you are doing that you should make a note on the outside of the package that documents inside are supporting documents to previous application dtd....

That way they might not simply return it back after the 5000 cap has been reached.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:
If you are doing that you should make a note on the outside of the package that documents inside are supporting documents to previous application dtd....

That way they might not simply return it back after the 5000 cap has been reached.
UCI number becomes very important in such non-conventional mail correspondence, with a bit luck.
Generally I suspect CIC have students working on initial phase. They have own version of extensive checklist where students just tick or no tick the required available document. If all ticks, application goes to next phase of payment or may be senior people etc. Else they returned with standard format letter the whole application .
I saw that checklist with my return application last year. Last year, I did not put NOA 2010 as it have less half year earned amount. Instead I put 2013’s all salary slips, bank statements , employment letter. It was of no use. Their checklist ask for NOA 2010. If it is not present, that it. Game over. I wonder what if I have put 2010 NOA with low income. Perhaps I could have pass the initial phase with a tick. My application could have charged and in 2014 5000 quota. Later senior official might have look at 2010 income, but by that time in April/May , I could have send them a 2013’s NOA before they have make any decision.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 08 October 2012.....address change 30 Nov. 2012
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
FYI guys !!

as answered by some of the members here before...

If I have landed in 2012 first time in Canada & have only 2012, 2013 & 2014 notice of assessments for now, I can only apply in January 2016 (next year), provided all current rules remains the same next year too.

Thought to re-post above to help others out there having same/similar questions.

Cheers guys !!

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhutti said:
It is better to use EE type criteria in parents sponsorship. Whosoever pays more taxes should get more points.
Also check parent's education , English tests score etc. Everyone get in pool. High Cut off people get invited to
sponsor their parents. Then people cannot complain about GTA chaps have unfair advantage in posting applications etc.
I don't agree...so you're saying that only rich people who pay a lot of taxes can bring in their parents to live with them in Canada. Also parents who are educated would be able to survive in their home country, its the ones that don't who are dependents on their children. I pay high taxes every year and my parents are educated, but I still don't favor this proposal. It unfairly leaves out people who really wants their parents here. As it is with the new system, people do not meet LICO and are not able to be united with their parents.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:

I'm thinking they would open your application first and return it because it did not meet requirements. Then they will open your supplementing package, but won't have the original package to attach to. Catch 22 ! You should call CIC and ask them for their advice rather than speculate.