+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
screech339 said:
While Canada Post is behind in the quality of service but they are not behind due to the circumstances of the situation whereby you basically got everyone sending huge parcels from all over Canada coming to one specific location all on the same day. It is like everyone sending a gift to Santa Clause on Christmas day instead.
CIC and Canada post should improve the way they work together and communicate as both are federal organizations. Mississauga post facility should predict a rush in this period and put more people at work.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lola2301 said:
CIC and Canada post should improve the way they work together and communicate as both are federal organizations. Mississauga post facility should predict a rush in this period and put more people at work.
And give unfair advantageous to Canada Post courier over DHL, Purolator and UPS?

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any educated guesses as to when PGP 2014 and 2015 applications will begin processing?

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
screech339 said:
And give unfair advantageous to Canada Post courier over DHL, Purolator and UPS?
Private companies remain competitive as they always reach their standard, unfortunately it's not the case of Canada post, they should be aware of the situation as they faced it last year. They seem having trouble this year.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nina.roy said:
Any educated guesses as to when PGP 2014 and 2015 applications will begin processing?
No one seems to know exactly when as CIC will not touch PGP 2014 and 2015 until PGP applications before the pause has been processed first. Question is how much of those applications are left to process after the 2 year pause plus year 2014.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lola2301 said:
Private companies remain competitive as they always reach their standard, unfortunately it's not the case of Canada post, they should be aware of the situation as they faced it last year. They seem having trouble this year.
So it is Canada Post alone that has to improve their standards, not the collaboration between CIC and Canada Post together.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
I have a question about sponsoring parents. A friend recently lost his partner and is now left to raise 20month old child on his own. They are both Canadian citizens but originated from different countries. They were common law. My question is can he sponsor the parent or sibling on his deceased partner's behalf. Anyone ever came across this situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
civic said:
So what should I do? Send the third time or not? :(
No, there is zero point in sending another app. When CIC realizes that you've already submitted an app, they will return the duplicate. They won't switch it for the one you've already sent or take your originals and add them to the first app; they will simply mail it back to you. And it's possible that by the time they realize that it's a duplicate, they will have already counted it in the 5000 cap, which means that you would have taken an extra spot that someone else could have legitimately had.

Linden said:
I have a question about sponsoring parents. A friend recently lost his partner and is now left to raise 20month old child on his own. They are both Canadian citizens but originated from different countries. They were common law. My question is can he sponsor the parent or sibling on his deceased partner's behalf. Anyone ever came across this situation.
No, he cannot sponsor a member of his deceased partner's family.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Linden said:
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately only he/she can only sponsor his/her parents. Not the common law's parents as they are not his/her direct blood relatives.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
screech339 said:
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately only he/she can only sponsor his/her parents. Not the common law's parents as they are not his/her direct blood relatives.
Thanks for responding. As you said you can only sponsor direct blood relatives, just out of curiosity do you know if this is referenced on the CIC website somewhere. Or am I missing something in their wording.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Linden said:
Thanks for responding. As you said you can only sponsor direct blood relatives, just out of curiosity do you know if this is referenced on the CIC website somewhere. Or am I missing something in their wording.
You can co-sponsor commow law's elatives, but not sponsor. sponorship applies only for sponsors parensts and grandparents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Linden said:
None of the CIC wording mentions sponsoring mother-in-laws, father-in-laws, sister-in-laws, or brother-in-laws. Sponsorship is quite clearly limited to parents, siblings, etc. (i.e. direct blood relatives).

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lola2301 said:
Not sure how having more than one person receiving would be helpful. they wouldn't be able to keep track of te applications in sequence. if the dhl guy who brought in the applications first has 20 applications and a fedex guy brings in 2 applications, those 20 should go in first. I think it would complicate it. I know we don't like waiting, but it seems like it's the only way to keep it fair.

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
screech339 said:
While Canada Post is behind in the quality of service but they are not behind due to the circumstances of the situation whereby you basically got everyone sending huge parcels from all over Canada coming to one specific location all on the same day. It is like everyone sending a gift to Santa Clause on Christmas day instead.
LOL. Seriously, there has to be a better way in this tech world. Sending applications by post/courier... what a crap. They should make it on-line queue system. When google's servers can handle whole world's requests why not CIC set up high tech systems to deal with these applications on-line or even any other process of immigration for sake. It all comes to money again. Who spends so much money to advance their systems ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gks_2012 said:
LOL. Seriously, there has to be a better way in this tech world. Sending applications by post/courier... what a crap. They should make it on-line queue system. When google's servers can handle whole world's requests why not CIC set up high tech systems to deal with these applications on-line or even any other process of immigration for sake. It all comes to money again. Who spends so much money to advance their systems ?
Government union's don't like new technology that can make their job position obsolete.