+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring My Sister

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am sending my application to sponsor my parents to come to Canada. However, I am not sure what route I should take to bring my sister along. My sister is currently 21 years old, still live with my parents, and a university student. I know CIC changed their rule as of this year about age limit in parent sponsorship for dependant children.

I was thinking for her to finish her Bachelor degree and then get study permit to come here. Then she can apply for immigration from Canada. Anyone else can think of any other solution that is easier?

I searched the forum and didn't find a lot of information about this. I am sending my parents' application on Dec 31st so it gets there by Jan 2nd.

Thanks a lot.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
OP_POP said:
Hi everyone,

I am sending my application to sponsor my parents to come to Canada. However, I am not sure what route I should take to bring my sister along. My sister is currently 21 years old, still live with my parents, and a university student. I know CIC changed their rule as of this year about age limit in parent sponsorship for dependant children.

I was thinking for her to finish her Bachelor degree and then get study permit to come here. Then she can apply for immigration from Canada. Anyone else can think of any other solution that is easier?

I searched the forum and didn't find a lot of information about this. I am sending my parents' application on Dec 31st so it gets there by Jan 2nd.

Thanks a lot.
If she finishes her Bachelor degree she may apply for a Masters program in Canada,
and get a student permit... when she completes the Masters she may apply through the Provincial
Nominee Program, if the province where she is accepted to do her master has Nomine program.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesomeg said:
If she finishes her Bachelor degree she may apply for a Masters program in Canada,
and get a student permit... when she completes the Masters she may apply through the Provincial
Nominee Program, if the province where she is accepted to do her master has Nomine program.
That was exactly what I was thinking. But was wondering if there is any other easier / faster way.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
All other options would require her to get at least one year of full time and paid work experience first - and potentially a permanent job offier in Canada so that she can apply through the Federal Skilled Worker or one of the Provincial Nominee programs. Note that CIC is introducing the Express Entry program effective January 1st which will change some of the processes around applying.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
All other options would require her to get at least one year of full time and paid work experience first - and potentially a permanent job offier in Canada so that she can apply through the Federal Skilled Worker or one of the Provincial Nominee programs. Note that CIC is introducing the Express Entry program effective January 1st which will change some of the processes around applying.
Thanks Scylla