N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Van Rooster said:
1. As far as I know dependants refers specifically to children you both may have. But I was never 100% sure based on their confusing language, hopefully someone else can confirm. We actually removed the dependant section on the PDF as we have no kids but I'm wondering if we should add it back in and put 'N/A' or 'None' in the name field.

3. Yes, the Korean national ID card is what people have used I believe. I think some have included a non-translated photocopy and had no problem.

4. I wouldn't bother with the computer way and installing all the Korean activeX bloatware. Just pop into a police station and get it printed out, it's pretty fast (and has English). Make sure it includes a 'Lapsed records' search.
I already slogged through the activeX garbage on the weekend with the wife and even got the thing to print. My only concern is that they won't accept it due to it being a print, and the bottom border being cut off for some reason.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Just go to the police station and get them to make a much nicer official copy.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jalee5225 said:
Just doing the paperwork at this stage, but I've got a few questions that I can't seem to get a handle on.

1. In the immigration form IM0008ENU_2D,once all the information for the applicant has been filled out, the last few pages refer to dependents (not that I really consider her parents and siblings her dependents). I am going to be sponsoring just my wife, as she is the only one moving to Canada. I'm not entirely certain her parents or siblings ever will, does this mean I leave this blank? The reason I ask is because the guide frames this section in this way:

"You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don't, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application."

Does this mean then, if there is the slighest of slightest chances in the future of them moving to Canada, I need to list them?
The only person who is a dependent and needs to be listed as such, is your wife. Do not list anyone else as dependents, or use any forms with them that talk about dependents.

Her parents and siblings only need to be listed on the "Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]" form (and parents also in IMM5669E form), with just their basic info like birthday and address. But her parents or siblings will not do medicals, pay fees, or take any pictures.

You can sponsor her parents to Canada as soon as she gets PR and qualifies. Unless her siblings are under 19 and can be included as dependents of her parents, she will never be able to sponsor them anyways.

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Rob_TO said:
The only person who is a dependent and needs to be listed as such, is your wife. Do not list anyone else as dependents, or use any forms with them that talk about dependents.
This I'm not sure of. The IMM 0008 document is for the principal applicant so I don't think his wife (applicant) lists herself as a dependant.
"You, the principal applicant must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s)"
But I might be mistaken.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Van Rooster said:
This I'm not sure of. The IMM 0008 document is for the principal applicant so I don't think his wife (applicant) lists herself as a dependant.
"You, the principal applicant must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s)"
But I might be mistaken.
Right, the wife who is being sponsored of course goes in the "Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] " as the main applicant.

What I'm saying, is that under no circumstances do you ever list siblings or parents as dependents. If wife does not have any children from a previous marriage that are being sponsored, then there is no need to include any information in the "Dependents" section. Just put N/A or cross everything out.

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
OK, thanks for the clarification.
Some of this stuff is as clear as mud.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Hey everyone, back with a couple quick questions. Nothing much new to report for us. We're settled in a small town near Calgary and waiting for any info coming from immigration. My wife emailed about her status and was told that it's "in progress". She's gettig closer to the end of her 6month visitor allowance (she has until March 10th) how early should I apply for an extension? Also, I wanted to get an idea where in the process we are at, so I thought I'd order the notes for the first time. I know about the video for how to do it, but my question is about the consent form. Does that have to be mailed in before we can request notes online? I don't see a way to submit it electronically unless it's just something we need to scan print, fill out, and then scan to email.
We applied in July so I thought it was about the right time to look into them.
Thanks

CT

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
I wouldn't bother with the notes. I got my MP to contact Manila directly(takes about 7 business days) and they were given the notes and then the MP Rep went over them with me.

Apparently when you ask your MP to check into your file/application there are two ways to do it. They can contact Mississauga, which will just give them the basic details and takes about 2 business days to get a reply or they can contact your VO which will give them the full detail (from the officer reviewing your file) on where your file stands and this one takes the 7 days.

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
CT, just out of curiosity, what are the dates for your App filing,AOR,File transfer etc.?

On that subject, does anyone know if there is still a Manila spreadsheet people are using and updating?

Cheers

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ctcruiser said:
She's gettig closer to the end of her 6month visitor allowance (she has until March 10th) how early should I apply for an extension?
Most people recommend a month in advance, but really you can do it the day before it expires... as long as CIC receives the request for extension before current one expires, she would be on implied status until she gets the decision back.

Or could always go to US, and would get the new visitor status upon re-entry.

CanNZ said:
I wouldn't bother with the notes. I got my MP to contact Manila directly(takes about 7 business days) and they were given the notes and then the MP Rep went over them with me.
Sounds like you have a very nice MP who actually cares about their constituents! Some MPs will not even listen to your request for their help, until your processing time goes over the posted processing times on CIC site (15 months for Manila).

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Well, it is actually the MP rep, not the MP himself.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
ctcruiser said:
Hey everyone, back with a couple quick questions. Nothing much new to report for us. We're settled in a small town near Calgary and waiting for any info coming from immigration. My wife emailed about her status and was told that it's "in progress". She's gettig closer to the end of her 6month visitor allowance (she has until March 10th) how early should I apply for an extension?
Rob's correct, you can file it any time before the current visitor’s visa expires. From a practical standpoint, if I were you I would file it a couple weeks before her 6 months expires and do the paper application. Get it delivered to Vegereville by courier so you have proof of delivery.

The paper application takes longer, so the extension date will be farther along than if you do it online. You'll have implied status while it's in process, so no worries there. By doing it that way you will get the maximum extension possible.

Also, I wanted to get an idea where in the process we are at, so I thought I'd order the notes for the first time. I know about the video for how to do it, but my question is about the consent form. Does that have to be mailed in before we can request notes online? I don't see a way to submit it electronically unless it's just something we need to scan print, fill out, and then scan to email.
We applied in July so I thought it was about the right time to look into them.
Thanks
Yes, your MP won't help you yet, it's too early in the process. You order the notes electronically. When you get to the third or fourth page of the online application it will ask you to upload a scanned copy of the signed consent form. That's all you need to do.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Thanks for the info guys. I'll plan to send her application for extension around mid February then. And I'll work on getting the notes next week.

Van Rooster, they received my application in Mississauga on July 13th, and I got sponsor approval on August 31st. They sent our paperwork to Manila and we got the request for the the "A" document(can't remember exact name) in mid September. Then nothing since then.

CT

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello.

couple of questions .

I applied end of Nov. 2013 and My status on CIC is still " we received your file."
I wonder when my status on CIC would change.

Also, I need to re-extend my visitor status few month later ( I got one year extension last year).
so i am kind of worried if CIC would give me another year.

Thank you in advance.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
Rob_TO said:
Right, the wife who is being sponsored of course goes in the "Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] " as the main applicant.

What I'm saying, is that under no circumstances do you ever list siblings or parents as dependents. If wife does not have any children from a previous marriage that are being sponsored, then there is no need to include any information in the "Dependents" section. Just put N/A or cross everything out.
Hi everyone. Does anyone know a photographer who specializes in Canadian immigration photographs in Seoul? I have had a bad experience before in Korea with photographers. The greatest problem is that they don't speak English. There is a photographer close to Canadian Embassy but I am not sure where exactly they are located is. Do you know where it is please let me know. Thank you.
Keep in mind that Immigration photographs are different from passport photos and require a strict guideline and regular emart photographer wont do.