xx-xx-2014
File Transfer...
xx-xx-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
xx-xx-2014 not sure, the COPR caught me by surprise!
bartjones said:
Yes, it can be a little frustrating. In our case the OERC sent us a letter telling us they had allowed my wife's appeal. The OERC letter told us to go to a Service Ontario center and show them the letter. The letter specifically directed Service Ontario to issue my wife's coverage. So we went to Service Ontario, presented the letter and requested coverage. Notwithstanding the OERC letter specifically directing them to issue her coverage, the Service Ontario rep, initially, still refused to do so :eek:. It was only after a little yelling and screaming on my part that someone got on the phone and called head office and then decided they would give her coverage. You have to be persistent.

I've sent you a PM. If it helps, the form you are looking for is IMM5475e. Your designated contact person's name should be "Ministry of Health & Long-Term care". Their contact information is;

Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
370 Se1ect Drive
PO Box 168
Kingston Ontario
Canada
K7M 8T4
(613) 548-6557

You can save yourself a little time by sending the completed consent form with your appeal request.

Of course the simplest solution for you would be to just complete your landing. Is there some reason why you wouldn't do that?

BTW, when you do get coverage it will be retroactive to the date CIC completed your eligibility assessment. So if you have medical expenses after that date they will be reimbursed to you.
WOW... i can't believe that even w the OERC letter they refused and you had to yell to get them to do what they were DIRECTeD to do. :mad:

Thanks for the heads up I now know to put my battle gear on lol.

The consent form info is prescient, that was what my PM was about... couldn't find it anywhere and hoped you might have a blank copy handy or know where I could get one :D [again, wish I could give you +1s more often!]

The reason for not doing my landing right now is I'm just SO not ready! The CPR caught me by surprise, I was processed in under 3 months, with NO intermediary emails/documents sent out (and I couldn't use eCAS to check my status bc I had no doc # that would work there... not having received any AOR or SA or anything). In fact, I was sure they had lost my application and I would have to start all over again!

Of course, I'm NOT complaining!! Delighted it went so quickly - it seems a few of the May US outlanders went as fast - but I'm totally unprepared. I still have to go back to California and get all my stuff together for the move, or at least do a full inventory of my goods, decide whether to sell or import my car (all's been in storage these last 3 years), sell or just keep renting my condo, etc... as I understand it all this has to be decided before landing so you have all your goods and assets on the inventory and don't pay duties on subsequent import...

I figured I could do all this by the end of the year (and simplify my tax filings, etc) if I start my official PR life as of Jan 1. The pregnancy - which we JUST found out, hence the rush trip to OHIP - has definitely added a new twist tho! :eek: ;D

Thanks for the info about medical reimbursements... I've been too nervous about when OHIP would decide my coverage starts - so haven't done much medical out of pocket... there's not much to reimburse. Plus I don't know exactly when the CIC determination was made - but it's definitely good to know I can probably pursue basic prenatal care from here on out and get paid back later.

Thanks again ...and congrats on your wife's landing btw!
Jasmine

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Thanks. Good luck to you.

Sejong

Sep 4, 2013
bartjones said:
That should be enough to satisfy them. I would think if they had concerns about it they would have told you.

Congratulations Bartjones! What a journey for you and your wife.

In our case, hopefully Manila sent the docs to our Canadian address, which we gave them, and not the Korean address we put on the application.

jjoon

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Toronto & San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 04-05, Deliv 09-05-2014
AOR Received.
xx-xx-2014
File Transfer...
xx-xx-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
xx-xx-2014 not sure, the COPR caught me by surprise!
bartjones said:
Thanks. Good luck to you.
Thanks! just a quick question/heads up to the folks reading your post/ our exchange... the address on your post for OERC review board is

370 Se1ect Drive
PO Box 168
Kingston Ontario
Canada
K7M 8T4
(613) 548-6557

but the form I got from Service Ontario office and their website lists:
OHIP Eligibility Review Committee Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
1055 Princess Street
PO Box 168
Kingston, ON
K7L 5T3
Fax: (613) 548-6557

so i'm assuming this is the updated address... unless you tell me bartjones that yours is the updated one and their listed one is out of date... which is always possible.

(anyway, to be safe i'm faxing as well as mailing.)

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Quick question for those of you In Alberta. I want to put my wife on the health care, so I went to the office near where I live, and they said they need a document or permit stating that she could legally stay in Canada. When we went through customs, they just asked questions and then stamped her passport to enter. We didn't get any permit or anything. What exactly did you use to fill this requirement and where can I get it?
Thanks
CT

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
For health-care they will accept a stamp in a passport, but the real key is the address. She still has to prove where she is living.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Hmmm, I went to the AMA office and they said they would not accept the stamp in her passport. The guy sad they would need more to do it:the passport as well as something else. Maybe I need to drive to the Edmonton office.

CT

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
jjoon said:
Thanks! just a quick question/heads up to the folks reading your post/ our exchange... the address on your post for OERC review board is

370 Se1ect Drive
PO Box 168
Kingston Ontario
Canada
K7M 8T4
(613) 548-6557

but the form I got from Service Ontario office and their website lists:
OHIP Eligibility Review Committee Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
1055 Princess Street
PO Box 168
Kingston, ON
K7L 5T3
Fax: (613) 548-6557

so i'm assuming this is the updated address... unless you tell me bartjones that yours is the updated one and their listed one is out of date... which is always possible.

(anyway, to be safe i'm faxing as well as mailing.)
The address I posted was their address as of March 2014. I guess they moved. Go with the one you got from the OHIP form.

Sejong

Sep 4, 2013
I was wondering how long does it take to be contacted by CIC once it has made a decision on a case. A decision was made on my wife's application at the end of August but nothing has arrived in the mail.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
I called AMA about healthcare for my wife, and the passport stamp is in fact enough apparently. The guy at AMA was wrong. We sent back and hopefully got that all sorted out. In other news, we got the request for the appendix A today. I'm not sure where I read it, but is it correct that I can print it, fill it out, and the scan it to email back? And should we also send a hard copy if this is the case? I'm a bit surprised to get the request so early in the process as I had understood it didn't happen until near the end.

CT

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Sejong said:
I was wondering how long does it take to be contacted by CIC once it has made a decision on a case. A decision was made on my wife's application at the end of August but nothing has arrived in the mail.
Excellent question.

Our MP told us it was approved on August 28th but that the COPR had not been issued yet.

Three weeks and counting...

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Sejong said:
and

costaudjoe said:
Excellent question.

Our MP told us it was approved on August 28th but that the COPR had not been issued yet.

Three weeks and counting...
It should have arrived by now. Maybe calling your MPs and finding out the address to which CEM sent the package would be a good idea. Perhaps they sent it to the wrong address or an older address.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
ctcruiser said:
We sent back and hopefully got that all sorted out. In other news, we got the request for the appendix A today. I'm not sure where I read it, but is it correct that I can print it, fill it out, and the scan it to email back? And should we also send a hard copy if this is the case?
In our case the VO told us we could scan and email it. Maybe you can do that and a hard copy just to be sure.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
bartjones said:
In our case the VO told us we could scan and email it. Maybe you can do that and a hard copy just to be sure.
If you are using an Apple, you can open it in Preview, fill it out, add her signature and send it as a PDF.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
ctcruiser said:
I called AMA about healthcare for my wife, and the passport stamp is in fact enough apparently. The guy at AMA was wrong. We sent back and hopefully got that all sorted out. In other news, we got the request for the appendix A today. I'm not sure where I read it, but is it correct that I can print it, fill it out, and the scan it to email back? And should we also send a hard copy if this is the case? I'm a bit surprised to get the request so early in the process as I had understood it didn't happen until near the end.

CT
Any luck yet?