Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Thanks very much red tape sucks! done and done!

Also, might be dumb to ask now, as I've already sent it, but just looking for confirmation...

Manila requested a couple docs, I put them together over the weekend. They requested specifically that they be sent by "courier" to their headquarters in Manila. We sent them by Korean EMS. Takes 3-5 days. EMS would be considered 'courier,' correct?

..and when it gets there, will Manila offices confirm it's arrival via ECAS or email?

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
Marticus said:

Also, might be dumb to ask now, as I've already sent it, but just looking for confirmation...

Manila requested a couple docs, I put them together over the weekend. They requested specifically that they be sent by "courier" to their headquarters in Manila. We sent them by Korean EMS. Takes 3-5 days. EMS would be considered 'courier,' correct?

..and when it gets there, will Manila offices confirm it's arrival via ECAS or email?
No they will not confirm by e mail or e case but you can order gcms note and check your latest status after 1 to 2 mother. later.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
amjad1002 said:
No they will not confirm by e mail or e case but you can order gcms note and check your latest status after 1 to 2 mother. later.
Correct. They won't acknowledge receipt of the additional docs. That's why it's always wisest to use some form of delivery that provides proof of delivery.

Arianaanger

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 3, 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
December 2, 2016
Med's Done....
September 26, 2016
Hello some I have some questions ! My husband is Korean and he came to visit me here in canada and got married. Now all of his documents are done, translated and notarized all we are waiting on is the marriage certificate to come to us and we will mail our documents. Due to the lengthly time that it takes it process the documents he has asked me to come back to Korea with him. So now on my sponsorship documents do I put that I am living in canada and then when I become approved to sponsor move to Korea and inform the CIC of my address change or is it easier to simply apply and move before being approved as a sponsor? I just want to avoid delaying our application. I also would have to prove our intent of moving back to canada but because we don't know the date his PR Card would be issued how can we go about proving this? I am going to be continuing my university degree online while I'm in Korea and then once we come back I will resume my classes on campus and I could get my parents to write a letter saying that they will house us until we got our feet on the ground. But reading the other posts this doesn't seem like a lot of proof that we will come back to canada... Any ideas???

seoulcanada

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Hi everyone,

So recently we received an email asking us to send in an entry/exit visitor record and the appendix A that everyone else has been getting. My wife tried to access the website to get the entry/exit, but it HAS to be using internet explorer and she has an apple. Okay fine, I have a spare windows PC and let her try on that. Nope, it won't work because the computer needs to be "authorized" (something to do with activex authorization) and only her apple is authorized as "hers". I'm confused...never knew S. Korea had some backwards internet technology with regards to this stuff.

Anyone know about this stuff and how to transfer authorization from her apple to my PC?

tina111188

Jul 16, 2014
My fiance (m, Korean, 28) and I (f, Canadian, 26) are planning to move to Calgary at the end of this year. He has a business degree from a top school in Korea, but we're very worried about what kind of job he'll be able to get in Canada as international degrees don't tend to get recognized. He doesn't have many years of formal employment as he has just graduated from university, but has experience working for the USA army and studying abroad in USA and Australia. We are thinking that he first get some Canadian certification while working part-time to gain some Canadian work experience first.. He is fluent in English and speaks multiple languages, like Chinese and Japanese, at varying levels of fluency. Would moving to Canada be a huge mistake for us?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
tina111188 said:
My fiance (m, Korean, 28) and I (f, Canadian, 26) are planning to move to Calgary at the end of this year. He has a business degree from a top school in Korea, but we're very worried about what kind of job he'll be able to get in Canada as international degrees don't tend to get recognized. He doesn't have many years of formal employment as he has just graduated from university, but has experience working for the USA army and studying abroad in USA and Australia. We are thinking that he first get some Canadian certification while working part-time to gain some Canadian work experience first.. He is fluent in English and speaks multiple languages, like Chinese and Japanese, at varying levels of fluency. Would moving to Canada be a huge mistake for us?
What do you mean by "move to Calgary"? Do you mean you're already common-law (having lived together 12 consecutive months) and his PR app is processing, expected to be completed by end of this year? Or do you intend to apply for PR only after getting married?

Because if he isn't a PR, he can't really MOVE to Canada. He can come as a visitor only, and will need to try to renew his visitor status every 6-12 months. During this time he can't work unless a company goes through the LMO/LMIA process to hire him, which costs significant time and money so is very hard to get.

Alternately he can enroll in a course over 6 months long and get the appropriate study permit, OR if he qualifies can apply for Korean-Canada working holiday program - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/korea-coree/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tina111188 said:
I don't want to frighten you, but just because your fiance is a graduate from a top Korean university doesn't necessary guarantee him a job in his field. I moved back to Alberta from Japan in December 2013. In the last month or so, I have met a lot of PR's looking for work. The majority have graduated from university with engineering, business and science degrees. Some, not all, have had a hard time finding work in their fields. In order for your fiance to work in Alberta / Canada, he will need to have his PR or, as Rob mentioned above, a company that will sponsor him. In addition, it is highly recommended that your fiance uses the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), a program set up by the Alberta Government to assess the academic credentials of individuals with degrees obtained outside of Canada.

http://work.alberta.ca/Immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Marticus said:

I hope so, because that is exactly what we did as well! haha

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
haha I think it's all good, red tape sucks! i've been tracking it, and the 'courier' tried to drop it off on Saturday, but the offices were closed. Meaning, it's a guy delivering it, rather than just tucking it in the mailbox, which isn't what they are wanting, I'm sure! haha so EMS good to go!

Just wanted to update you guys with the "goods to follow" experience for me:

Landed in YVR, filled out the standard immigration card, but left the "claiming amount" blank because I wasn't sure what exactly I had to write there. Had my excel list of goods, as directed by you guys, printed out and ready to go, along with the "goods to follow" form, claiming myself as a "Former Resident"

We are claiming just under 10,000 CDN worth of goods to follow, probably an overestimate, as I valued the clothing as if they were "new". But anyways, better to claim more than less.

Anyways, the standard border control officer helped me fill out the standard immigration form by writing "former resident" and a bunch of numbers in red, and directed me to pick up my bags and head to the immigration center in the back. Went in, stood in line for about 30 minutes. The others were in there for bringing in illegal stuff in. One guy had like 8 bottles of booze in his luggage, another had some prescription bills confiscated. I'm sure I was a breath of fresh air for them when i showed up having all the correct documentation.

They were all very courteous and friendly to me. The guy asked me a bunch of questions. Standard stuff you'd expect and I asked a few back, like "do I have to return to Vancouver to sign some more stuff?"... he assured me that where ever I had arranged it to be finally delivered to, my father could just show them the papers he had stamped for me. IF, it did get caught up at the shipping center in Vancouver, I could figure it out with them over the phone.

So anyways, they stamped all my excel sheets, the form and sent me on my way with all the signatures and stamps and said to hand that over to my father (who is receiving our goods for us, in Kelowna) ... I'll just go and U-haul them later when I have time, after it's arrival.

There was no questions about "proving" myself to be out of the country. Although I did bring along my last 4 years worth of employment contracts, just in case. I did answer to the first border control officer that the last time I was home, was 16 months ago, so that also put me over the 1 year limit, no questions asked there.

All in all, took about an hour of processing, no concern about the luggage I was carrying home (as said by red tape sucks) and once it's delivered, seems the forms they stamped and signed are good enough!

Thanks everyone for all your help!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Yeah, that's pretty much the same experience I had in Vancouver last year. I think that when your shipment arrives you will have to present your stamped B4 and list of goods to CBSA before they release your things, or at least I had to when our stuff eventually arrived in Toronto. Anyway, glad to hear it all went smoothly for you.

kazzy

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09--12--2013
Doc's Request.
18--06--2014
VISA ISSUED...
25--07--2014
Re: Sponsoring my Korean Husband for permanent residency

Hey Everyone! I have a question about driver's licenses....

Is it better to trade my Korean license in for my old (expired) Ontario license here in Korea OR keep my Korean license and trade it for an Ontario license when I get back.

Last summer they wouldn't let me get a new Ontario license when I was visiting because I already had a valid license from Korea.

Also can anyone recommend a good health insurance company / package for my husband for the three months he won't be covered by insurance?

kazzy

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09--12--2013
Doc's Request.
18--06--2014
VISA ISSUED...
25--07--2014
Just sent back proof of my intent to live in Canada, along with exit/entry and Form A last Monday by EMS. (I am living in Korea, married to Korean man, don't have a job offer or lease in Canada....but tried to prove my intent nonetheless in various other ways)

Logged into immigration tonight and it says they started working on my application July 9th, and a decision has been made.

The timing is weird because they sent the letter requesting add. docs to me June 8th, and they must have only gotten my additional documents last Thursday or Friday....hmmmm.....any thoughts?

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hey Everyone! I have a question about driver's licenses....

Is it better to trade my Korean license in for my old (expired) Ontario license here in Korea OR keep my Korean license and trade it for an Ontario license when I get back.

Last summer they wouldn't let me get a new Ontario license when I was visiting because I already had a valid license from Korea.

Also can anyone recommend a good health insurance company / package for my husband for the three months he won't be covered by insurance?
Hey there! It's province dependent, but I know that in BC and AB, you'll need your Korean driver's license (current) + Korean driver's abstract (you can get Korean and English copies of this at your local police station) It's a print-out and I think they charged me 3000W.

Bring those two with you back to ON and swap across to a new ON license. (at least that is what you do in BC and AB) check to see if ON has a "reciprocal agreement" with South Korea driver's licenses.

I didn't bother collecting my old AB expired license in Korea. Not sure if they even kept it on file anymore.

*note* when you rent a car or drive a car IN CANADA, like when you are on vacation, a Korean license is totally fine to hold. BUT you can NOT do that when you are IN KOREA (you'd need an international license or a Korean license to drive legally)

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Just sent back proof of my intent to live in Canada, along with exit/entry and Form A last Monday by EMS. (I am living in Korea, married to Korean man, don't have a job offer or lease in Canada....but tried to prove my intent nonetheless in various other ways)

Logged into immigration tonight and it says they started working on my application July 9th, and a decision has been made.

The timing is weird because they sent the letter requesting add. docs to me June 8th, and they must have only gotten my additional documents last Thursday or Friday....hmmmm.....any thoughts?
hey again kazzy,

When did you send your application package in? I'm assuming early mid December-ish? I'm assuming you are an outland (Manila office) applicant? If so, we are pretty much on the same timeline, as I just got the additional docs request too and sent it off... via EMS ... haha

I haven't checked my ECAS lately, but I will do that after this message... but I 'think' from what I'm seeing with other is, that is you are from a passport exempt country like Korea, it becomes a formality for Manila to send you an additional docs request... because right at the exact same time, people who must send in their passports, are getting messages from Manila. Meaning, December applicants are ALL being processed.

So I would say you have nothing to worry about with the timing. Unless you missed the 45 day deadline? June 8th to now is cutting it close to get your additional docs in, so maybe they got it, just in time, and updated ECAS on the same day as receiving your docs